• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, Adstar said:

Please bring forward specifics in this statement.. What books of the Bible are "catholic propoganda" 

Oh i am an ex-catholic and i do not believe catholism is Christian.. But i ask for clarification in this issue to see what you believe..

I have hard skin i am not a pathetic snowflake i need no trigger warnings..

Who are the them you are tagging as doing a disservice to God,, Oh and PS:  not caping the G when writing the title God is i believe doing a disservice to God.. Not a major disservice but still a disservice..

True some find it harder to come to the LORD, but by the moving of the Holy Spirit even a psycopath can be saved..

Well my faith has never been weakened by atheists asking such questions.. And yes a person can have any number of motivations good or bad in asking such a question.. But i am assured that God knows the motivations of the questioner and will judge justly.. So that lifts off my shoulders the responsability of figuring out the questioners motivations.. So i can simply just answer the question and let the conversation go where ever it goes..

If One is a Christian then they already know there is a higher perfect justice.. That being God and His perfect justice.. No need to search to try and find something you have already found..

I am looking forward to discovering what you believe are examples of historical fakes in the Bible..

Let me at first say, that I respect your desire to defend the bible in all parts, as it is a honest desire, and I now see that in the past I was to knit-picky about logical parts of an argument where I should have looked at the emotion and the heart of whom I was discussing with instead. The bible anyway says that knowledge is vain. But keeping that vanity-roblem in mind let me defend what I mean by evidence for propaganda:

Its not that entire parts of the bible are fake but the selective translations of terms like terms that mean grave in the Thora or Jesus punishment "kolasis" into the term hell meaning pool of fire, eternal torment, like in egyptian thinking. That the revelation - the main source ofthe concept of the firy hell - is true is now doupted by many theologans and if I remeber it right, orthodox bibles usually did not include it from the start.

Furthermore the catholic church enganged into major book burnings. St. Gerome who did the translation in 383 of the books into Latin extensively complained in letters of how many compromosises in theological exactness he had to made to saitisfy the pope who comissioned him. He complained as well on the low quality of previous translation. He wanted to use instead an evangelium in arameic for some parts because he hoped it would not be be prone to translation errors and hence closer to the truth. He was not allowed to use it and it got "lost" by the church (only fragments can be traced). The number of times St. Gerome changed the translations he worked on during the process of translation is above 3000. I humbly have the impression from what I have learned so fare that St. Gerome was a serious hardworking "nerdy" sholar and believer - but it sounded like the pope drove him almost nuts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

21 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We should not have an atheist as a best friend and spend a lot of time with them or take advice from them. As Christians we are to be kind to everyone. 

Chuckle snort chuckle.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do not think any born again Christian can possibly become an atheist.  If the Holy Spirit has indwelled the individual is of God by God's specific call, known to God, predestined by God, and given to Jesus who is God Lord and savior. Jesus loses not a one of the one's given him by His Father.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 hour ago, Nadjeschda said:

Psychopathy is not defined as a health problem yet, but as a personality disorder.

Nadjeschda is absolutely right about this. I want to explain what the issue is here. In the next 25 - 50 yrs, doctors and law makers are going to have to deal with this.

The obvious problem is if psychopathy is ever classified as a medical problem, whether it be psychiatric or psychological, some unscrupulous lawyer is going to use it as a defense, probably in a murder trial, saying the psychopath is mentally ill and should not be held responsible for his actions (the murder) nor should he receive the maximum penalty under the law. If this ever happens it will be a dark day for freedom loving people every where. I was going to say more but since this is a board about God and not the law of medicine, this is enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, Adstar said:

Please bring forward specifics in this statement.. What books of the Bible are "catholic propoganda" 

Oh i am an ex-catholic and i do not believe catholism is Christian.. But i ask for clarification in this issue to see what you believe..

I have hard skin i am not a pathetic snowflake i need no trigger warnings..

Who are the them you are tagging as doing a disservice to God,, Oh and PS:  not caping the G when writing the title God is i believe doing a disservice to God.. Not a major disservice but still a disservice..

True some find it harder to come to the LORD, but by the moving of the Holy Spirit even a psycopath can be saved..

Well my faith has never been weakened by atheists asking such questions.. And yes a person can have any number of motivations good or bad in asking such a question.. But i am assured that God knows the motivations of the questioner and will judge justly.. So that lifts off my shoulders the responsability of figuring out the questioners motivations.. So i can simply just answer the question and let the conversation go where ever it goes..

If One is a Christian then they already know there is a higher perfect justice.. That being God and His perfect justice.. No need to search to try and find something you have already found..

I am looking forward to discovering what you believe are examples of historical fakes in the Bible..

So you have a hard skin and think that beeing a snowflake is an insult? Well frankly I have decided that beeing a snowflake (in the sense that I have a lot of emotions) is a honour, that I want to be together with those which are soft and vulnerable, with those that can not master their logic completely because they have a lot of emotions (see the study as to the reasons why) in short those that are like those children that let heaven be donated to them, instead of thinking they can gain it by some kind of religious - intelectual conquest against other people. To not fuel the intelectual contest between us two further (which I admitedly started) I will let you write one response against me, and than won't respond myself anymore in the hope that this will bring peace. May god bless you.

8 minutes ago, JTC said:

Nadjeschda is absolutely right about this. I want to explain what the issue is here. In the next 25 - 50 yrs, doctors and law makers are going to have to deal with this.

The obvious problem is if psychopathy is ever classified as a medical problem, whether it be psychiatric or psychological, some unscrupulous lawyer is going to use it as a defense, probably in a murder trial, saying the psychopath is mentally ill and should not be held responsible for his actions (the murder) nor should he receive the maximum penalty under the law. If this ever happens it will be a dark day for freedom loving people every where. I was going to say more but since this is a board about God and not the law of medicine, this is enough.

I see you are wise :) Thanks god to give me some empathy and understanding from someone of the other side of the globe. May god bless you and bring us to a better place soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

16 minutes ago, Nadjeschda said:

I see you are wise :) Thanks god to give me some empathy and understanding from someone of the other side of the globe. May god bless you and bring us to a better place soon.

Thank you for the compliment. The sad thing is I learned about psychopathy because I know a man who I'm convinced is one. He even told me he killed someone, in his younger years (I doubt that), and that he used to be a muscle-for-hire, also when he was younger. This second boast of his I do believe. This man grew up with 1 of my cousins which is how I came to know him. This man claims he knows God, but it's certainly not our God. Unless our God has changed and made lying, cheating, stealing, and being selfish okay. I know our God does not change. I've also been in the car with this man while he lies to his wife, but then when I tell him to stop lying to me, he becomes very angry. This man can be as charming as a prince or as mean as junk yard dog. I learned the hard way that if I lend him anything I will never see it again. Even if it's only worth a few dollars. He has to steal it.

He knows I follow the real God and I have offered to tell him about God 4 or 5 times, this man has no interest in the God of the Bible at all. So I have given up. If this man ever comes to me asking about God, and if he proves to me he's sincere, only then will I try again.

God Bless

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Chuckle snort chuckle.

Have a nice day neighbor and God bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

AMEN

Edited by DAVID5

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

18 hours ago, Nadjeschda said:

Its not that entire parts of the bible are fake but the selective translations of terms like terms that mean grave in the Thora or Jesus punishment "kolasis" into the term hell meaning pool of fire, eternal torment, like in egyptian thinking. That the revelation - the main source ofthe concept of the firy hell - is true is now doupted by many theologans and if I remeber it right, orthodox bibles usually did not include it from the start.

If you reject the Book of Revelation because it supports the concept of a fry hell then you will have to also reject the Gospel of Luke because in it Jesus talks of a certain beggar named lazarus and how the rich man who would not help Lazarus ended up in this place suffering from the heat..

Luke 16: KJV

22 "And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; {23} And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. {24} And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame."

Was Jesus himself a catholic agent? Or do you reject the Gospel of Luke also?

In the end people can chose to believe the Word of God or they can gather to themselves theologians to tickle their ears..

2 Timothy 4: KJV

3 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; {4} And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."