IGNORED

One can tell

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer? In contrast, the sinking feeling when you realise those you thought were christians really are not. The sheer happiness when you find kindred souls who really know what the joy of Christ is and the feel of the Holy Spirit guiding us. 

My worst feelings of frustration are when i see people glorifying themselves, basking in self importance - that is usually unfortunately at churches. The pompous show offs. I look for the quieter humble ones from whom i can really learn and be helped on my own journey. 

Every word we say, everything about us gives us away. Certainly on here too. We may not be able to see one another but we can still tell a great deal from the thoughts expressed and the way they are written. 

Also, i am sure non believers are not stupid either, they can tell too. This will affect their destiny more than we could know. We all influence each other on so many levels. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

57 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer?

No.

I find that I have absolutely no knowledge of the names of those given to Jesus  by His Father; those foreknown and predestined to turned about by the Holy Spirit from their sin against God to worship of Jesus as Christ and personal savior. So I simply pray for all that  God brings me into contact with and try to share of the gospel of our Lord with each as opportunity  to do so comes about.

What a blessing from God to me it is that I cannot know! The temptation to judge others,  and to forget the mercy of God that He has extended to me personally might be way too awful for me. I might find I puff myself up feeling oh so falsely confident that I am somehow deserving, better than another person, a terrible folly for anyone to suffer. My salvation is of God alone, and not by me at all. He will extend His mercy where He will.

May I simply rejoice when anyone praises my Lord Jesus..

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, Melinda12 said:

This will affect their destiny more than we could know. We all influence each other on so many levels. 

Quite right. 'a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold set in fixtures of pomegranates' ( or something like that).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer?

No, I can’t tell.

And I wonder what you would have thought of Peter when he was denying Christ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer? In contrast, the sinking feeling when you realise those you thought were christians really are not. The sheer happiness when you find kindred souls who really know what the joy of Christ is and the feel of the Holy Spirit guiding us. 

My worst feelings of frustration are when i see people glorifying themselves, basking in self importance - that is usually unfortunately at churches. The pompous show offs. I look for the quieter humble ones from whom i can really learn and be helped on my own journey. 

Every word we say, everything about us gives us away. Certainly on here too. We may not be able to see one another but we can still tell a great deal from the thoughts expressed and the way they are written. 

Also, i am sure non believers are not stupid either, they can tell too. This will affect their destiny more than we could know. We all influence each other on so many levels. 

Yes, absolutely. You and any and every child of God should be able to taste Christ in a fellow believer. Whether large or small, every believer should be able to tell the spiritual condition of their brothers and sisters in Christ. This goes for brand new believers also. They may not know what it is. But they recognize something in that one that is lacking in that one. 

Be blessed for someone is on their course and being taught personally inwardly by God Himself. 

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

beware of being opinionated. A person who looks for faults of others

• Thumbs Up 1

@Melinda12

If it helps and let’s you rest a little more securely in what you are being taught inwardly, being able to taste another’s relationship with Christ is a very scriptural teaching;

2 Corinthians 3:2 (NASB)
You are our letter, written in our hearts, known and read by all men;

Scripture tells us that we are to have Christ written in our hearts that He might be read by all man. That means that both believers and non-believers are, or should be able to read Christ in us. Some to a larger degree but that’s between the believer and Christ. But He should be, even in some small degree, be able to be  read in all believers. 

Take this before God for a confirmation and be blessed as you continue to grow in Him. 

Hope it helps, a fellow believer, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 3

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Not me said:

Yes, absolutely. You and any and every child of God should be able to taste Christ in a fellow believer. Whether large or small, every believer should be able to tell the spiritual condition of their brothers and sisters in Christ. This goes for brand new believers also. They may not know what it is. But they recognize something in that one that is lacking in that one. 

Be blessed for someone is on their course and being taught personally inwardly by God Himself. 

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

Not Me,

You have known the Lord for a long time.   Correct?

Many loose their first love for God after a few decades but your heart is still burning for Jesus.  You love him a lot and wants to pursue after him even more than ever.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

Not Me,

You have known the Lord for a long time.   Correct?

Many loose their first love for God after a few decades but your heart is still burning for Jesus.  You love him a lot and wants to pursue after him even more than ever.

Thank you for such kind words. Yes I have been struggling with God most of my life. But about 20 years ago God opened up the truth of what it means to be dead in Christ to my heart. My relationship with Him has never been the same after that... He and He alone is, and needs to be my all..Oh to know Him a little more each and every day. 

Not to blow your horn but I taste Him to a great degree in you also...

So as we and all that would be willing pursue Him with all our hearts, may He be enlarged in us to a ever increasing degree.

In Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I get where you are coming from, and while there are quiet Christians, we cannot always assume that the not-so-quiet ones are not Christians as well. Jesus told us to share the Gospel with others. Our words matter, but in the Holy Spirit we are to speak them. Sometimes we must speak them in ways that might make others seem uneasy or question whether we are Christian. Paul spoke boldly, and even publicly rebuked Peter. Jonah preached an extremely unpopular message to Nineveh, but because he obeyed God, 50 years were added to everyone in the city. The Prophet Nathan spoke pointedly to David, obeying God, and David realized what he had done. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you." Humility is not weakness, but it recognizes where its strength comes from. So, there is a time to be quiet and a time not to, and discernment in the Spirit gives us an opportunity to recognize when that time is. God bless, sister.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1