• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

In contrast, the sinking feeling when you realise those you thought were christians really are not.

In the present situation I'm currently in, it can be difficult to discern those who are Christians and those who are not. You can't always tell by the conversations that are observed. And I feel my discernment has grown fairly keen. Some are more apparent however, and you can sense it in the countenance on their faces.

If allowed any length of time with members of staff, it's a little more evident to me. The elderly patients are from a more open generation, though. And the Lord will come up when speaking with them. It could be due to their knowledge of the time left remaining in this present world. We are all getting very homesick.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Also, the fruits of the Spirit really help in identifying a Christian's maturity... especially the fruit of love and kindness.

images.png.4e29d141ad5c346e12dd18ab7fdb5058.png

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer? In contrast, the sinking feeling when you realise those you thought were christians really are not. The sheer happiness when you find kindred souls who really know what the joy of Christ is and the feel of the Holy Spirit guiding us. 

My worst feelings of frustration are when i see people glorifying themselves, basking in self importance - that is usually unfortunately at churches. The pompous show offs. I look for the quieter humble ones from whom i can really learn and be helped on my own journey. 

Every word we say, everything about us gives us away. Certainly on here too. We may not be able to see one another but we can still tell a great deal from the thoughts expressed and the way they are written. 

Also, i am sure non believers are not stupid either, they can tell too. This will affect their destiny more than we could know. We all influence each other on so many levels. 

It takes a while to identify a true born again believer. You have to observe what they say and what they do for awhile. There are many counterfeits out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Love.. '...believes all things..' Let God sort them out. That is not my job!!

Edited by Justin Adams

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Do you find as time goes on as you develop as a Christian that more and more you can sense deeply who is also a deep believer? In contrast, the sinking feeling when you realise those you thought were christians really are not. The sheer happiness when you find kindred souls who really know what the joy of Christ is and the feel of the Holy Spirit guiding us. 

My worst feelings of frustration are when i see people glorifying themselves, basking in self importance - that is usually unfortunately at churches. The pompous show offs. I look for the quieter humble ones from whom i can really learn and be helped on my own journey. 

Every word we say, everything about us gives us away. Certainly on here too. We may not be able to see one another but we can still tell a great deal from the thoughts expressed and the way they are written. 

Also, i am sure non believers are not stupid either, they can tell too. This will affect their destiny more than we could know. We all influence each other on so many levels. 

Yes. Beautiful post. Light senses light just as light can sense darkness. I have found this to be true. What you said of those at church I hope isn't true at your church. I know it isn't at mine. Our church is small but is as a family. All help one another and there is great love and joy. We spend time together at church and in many other activities. I probably feel my greatest frustration at foolishness and the lack of wisdom, but I try to learn from not only my mistakes but from the mistakes of others.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Debp said:

Also, the fruits of the Spirit really help in identifying a Christian's maturity... especially the fruit of love and kindness.

images.png.4e29d141ad5c346e12dd18ab7fdb5058.png

I’ve had the thought that the fruits of the Spirit is the Spirit’s way of itemizing how and with what outward signs Christ being formed in one may be seen and recognized.  

(My pondering before God.) 

Blessings, Not me