• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am not really sure what you are getting at here, however,, your statement is wrong. Otherwise con men and women would not be so successful, and there would not be so much scripture about deceiving ourselves or being deceived.

edited to add - and there are a number of people who deliberately and cold blooded set out to deceive others as a conscious choice.

When you surrender to honesty (unconditional faith), Truth merges with that honesty. Everything dishonest suddenly disappears, forgotten, it was all a fabrication of our own mind and will, it was all a fantasy and unreal. And you will 'know' that to be doubtlessly true. Only what is true remains in face of Truth.

Dishonest people cannot deceive absolute honest Truth-filled people. Dishonesty cannot touch the Truth. Not even honesty touches the Truth, it can only allow Truth to touch it. Truth will only merge with what is true (unconditional honesty). Those who were unconditionally honest were healed by Christ Jesus, for Christ Jesus is Truth. Truth heals to its true state.

Those who were deceived were not honest themselves. They were deceiving themselves through their self created issues and agendas, through their conditional wants and needs. The con person cons those that con themselves.

Dishonest people exploit others to exploit themselves.

Edited by Raven

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

31 minutes ago, Raven said:

Silence refers to being silent of self-will, of ego-self, for it accounts for nothing true. In face of Truth, what is dishonest/untrue is not recognized by Truth. In our honesty, we 'know' what is true, and Truth 'touches' (merges) with that honesty. We let go to let God. We no longer have an issue or agenda to voice, just absolute honesty and surrender to love and serve God most High (Truth).

The humble and meek are honest (truthful) and prefer to be silent, for they do not wish to exploit others or themselves, which would be a dishonest way to live.

Seems a lot of "voice".

Seems to me; to be humble is not to be found through manifestation of silence,  the suppression of self, only. For that only empties the house, a rather dangerous condition to be found in. It is not the emptying that need be  desired, but instead the filling and then the active sharing from that filling by the Holy Spirit without concern for consequence of the flesh.

I find I rather need to be humbled in reading and in filling up with the word of God, praising Jesus in so doing, so that the evil one's may not find a home, a boarding house, for many evil ones. I think it best to not  be distracted by concern over self awareness, and instead to be molded each day  in the word so that deed may follow the word's pathway.

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I want to see truth.

I trust but verify.

None the less Bernie got me. 

Unconditional surrender and honesty allows Truth to merge with your consciousness of honesty. You will see your own truth.

Faith is unconditional surrender and honesty. It is doubtless, obvious, pure, and no need for verification.

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Seems a lot of "voice".

Seems to me; to be humble is not to be found through manifestation of silence,  the suppression of self, only. For that only empties the house, a rather dangerous condition to be found in. It is not the emptying that need be  desired, but instead the filling and then the active sharing from that filling by the Holy Spirit without concern for consequence of the flesh.

I find I rather need to be humbled in reading and in filling up with the word of God, praising Jesus in so doing, so that the evil one's may not find a home, a boarding house, for many evil ones. I think it best to not  be distracted by concern over self awareness, and instead to be molded each day  in the word so that deed may follow the word's pathway.

As I already said, silence refers to being silent of ego-self. It is a silence about self issues and agendas, wants and needs, which are all dishonest to the Truth.

It is similar to 'if you cannot be honest, then don't say anything' until honesty moves you to say and do through the guidance of the Holy Spirit of Truth.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

35 minutes ago, Raven said:

Faith is unconditional surrender and honesty. It is doubtless, obvious, pure, and no need for verification.

My faith requires constant guarding, for my faith often fails. It is Christ Jesus alone, by His faith that I am redeemed from my due. The just punishment of sin by God. 

Only the faith of Jesus  withstands the onslaught  of the ministers of distraction, the little anti-Christs among us even today. My faith comes only in the Word of God the Bible  with its reveal of Jesus made known by the indwelling of God the Holy Spirit.

Faith, my own endurance in it, is by God alone through Jesus alone, revealed  by the Holy Spirit alone to the glory  of God the Father alone.  

17 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I am sorry, but your words dont make sense to me, and the ones which do make sense are ones I strongly disagree with, so I am bowing out.

I think all this super-ego etc nonsense theories are weasel words conjured up by psychiatrist.

The word 'ego' is used by psychiatrists, but it simply means "I" or 'self'.

Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it..."

This does not refer to bodily death, but foregoing their self-fabricated identity/life (ego-self), for the life of our innermost being of Truth, or soul.

Relax, and surrender to the Holy Spirit of Truth to guide you as to what is true or not. Don't let fear, reasoning, or logic rule over your faith in God/Truth.

Take what you know is true and leave the rest. Whatever is true will remain with the Truth within you, and when you are ready, the Spirit of Truth will merge with your consciousness and you will become again filled with Truths illumination. Keep your lamp filled with oil (truth) to light your way through the world of darkness (dishonesty). May God bless you.

2 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

My faith requires constant guarding, for my faith often fails. It is Christ Jesus alone, by His faith that I am redeemed from my due. The just punishment of sin by God. 

Only the faith of Jesus  withstands the onslaught  of the ministers of distraction, the little anti-Christs among us even today. My faith comes only in the Word of God the Bible  with its reveal of Jesus made known by the indwelling of God the Holy Spirit.

Faith, my own endurance in it, is by God alone through Jesus alone, revealed  by the Holy Spirit alone to the glory  of God the Father alone.  

Faith fails when it is conditional. Guarding ones own faith is fear of not getting what you want from Truth/God. That is trying to get (touch) something for your self identity. It is not about accepting anything or nothing from God/Truth. Only absolute surrender of a life of self will one find a life of Truth.

4 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

You know nothing of me, or my walk with God. Please don't assume a lack  in my knowledge, or faith, which is not there. The Holy Spirit and I seem just fine.

I am familiar with psychiatry and the terms they use. 

Tension comes from fear. Rest comes from faith in God. this is not an assumption, but the truth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Touching on the existential vibe, eh?

Do we love the Master who invited us to dine with him? Or what is on his table?

And what is love?  Wanton desire?

{I} love you...  {I} worship you... ...{I}... {me} {me} {my} {mine}...

Truth... a good environment to approach the subject... {smile}

As Pilate once cynically said staring Truth Personified in the face...

"What IS truth?"

Truth is whatever God makes it or defines it as. Our perception of it is as with all things

filtered through our individuality (our senses, our thoughts,experiences, hopes, dreams,

intelligence as a whole).

George Lucas did a grand job of pointing out how equal  opposites can see the same

exact thing as good or evil when Anakin and Obi wan prepared for light saber battle. 

One saw the Sith as evil, the other saw the Jedi as evil.

This is a quagmire of intelligence.... the tendency to deify one's own self as the inner voice

or ultimate id since it's the one you know solely or best.

Trouble is, it keeps running across the actual Deity and defiance is the most typical result.

This is why the Word of God we have (and I imagine there is a version of his Word the cherubs

and seraphs had before our existence) which essentially points out that its best if we submit to

HIM rather than self (who only our imaginations make us out to be God)...

It's not the nursery rhyme version of evil (Simon Legree twisting the mustache and cackling as he 

looks for mayhem and evil to perform)... At least not initially...

What is evil? Would be an even deeper question along the line of the subject...

Evil is the result of opposing Truth (God's truth).

Use a butter knife to gauge a piece of wood. It can do the job but it damages the wood and the knife.

Use a screwdriver as a chisel, has the same results.

A more personal example would be sex. There are a plethora ways to make this "work" for people,

a thing which God intended for procreation and relations between a husband and wife only... but it can

successfully 'meet momentary perimeters'  (to put it as gently as possible in this forum) but it's reality

is both addictive and detrimental to the well being of people's spirit if not do according to the proper

guidelines of the One who created sex in the first place.

The bottom line of the brilliant subject you brought up so simply...

is the fact that we are such poor judges of... well, everything,

that it's best we leave it all up to God.

And his Holy Spirit will guide our every step when we yield to him.

Most of us drown out his voice with our own voices... inner and outer.

Intentionally, mostly.

"We got this..." we kid ourselves. Stuff is never as simple as we make it out to be.

If for no other reason than we do not have control over even our next breath... rather it is

a gift from God.

The illusion is that we have control over "small matters." 

All matters are steps (big or small) toward outcomes (good or bad).

God's way = good (and blessing follows).

Not God's way = bad (and evil results).

It's just had for we lesser beings of intelligence to accept these things... and / or to submit

to our Creator every moment with every thought and deed.

We want to run the show simply because we are intelligent.

Truth is our truth as far as we are concerned... this is where truth is relative comes from...

Seven billion people everyone trying to have it all...

It's not a recent development but an age old one.

Another of these traits is what I call the cabal / cabalistic attempt of humanity to be divine...

they develop a dogma / denomination on how they agree God should be and they submit to this God of their 

making. It's the best of both worlds when you think of it. The traditions of man tells this God what to be and 

do, then when all hell breaks loose they blame the God of their invention exonerating themselves in the process.

And the fallen world around us has the appearance of benevolence and peace and harmony (on the surface at least)

from this sort of thing.

This is why prosperity and well being tends to produce the least results in winning souls to Christ as we lose sight

of the eternal when the temporal is going so well. 

God help us!

Edited by JohnD

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

I see myself as a forgiven through the blood of Jesus  and as a  child of God . :) 

The Father has loved us so much that we are called children of God. And we really are His children. The reason the people in the world do not know us is that they have not known Him. 1 John 3:1

Christ died that we might live righteously ,Jesus bought me with a price:1 Peter 3:18

For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit.1 Peter 3:18.

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. Romans 7:18.

Putting on the New Self
…16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

There's nothing we can do on our own, we need the Holy Spirit  every minute and everything we do not for Christ are as dirthy rags.

All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like a polluted garment; we all wither like a leaf, and our iniquities carry us away like the wind.Is.64:6

By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:35.

Walking in the Light
…But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.…1 John 1:8

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1