• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,128
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

53 minutes ago, WBO said:

Hi Marilyn. The rewards I mentioned do seem communicated in a earthly sense. But that's only cause our human minds cannot comprehend what truly awaits us in Eternity. In the past years I would try to imagine the very best things I possibly could because I know that if we can imagine something awesome then we are guaranteed that heaven has it or has even better.

There are 5 Crowns mentioned in the New Testament and there will be degrees of rewards. And regarding the word Mansions I listed, Since I believe that The King James Version Bible is perfect I interpret mansion to mean exactly what it says. 

And I get a lot of Joy meditating on heaven thinking about my future mansion.

And the documentation of one of the above commenters post on the 1000 years after the second coming is found in revelation 21.

I must warn people that I have the mind of a child. When I see a verse or promise from the word I simply believe it and take it literal cause I know God's not out to confuse. I'm definitely not ordinary in my doctrine but I'm faithful to the basics and I have a deep love for Bible Study. God bless

Hi WBO,

We do agree on the 5 crowns as scripture tells us but they are never expressed beyond `crowns,` and definitely NOT earthly. 

As to the` mind of a child,` that may sound very humble, but actually scripture tells us to `be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.` (2 Tim. 2: 15)

There is work to do that involves more than a child`s mind, plus each scripture must line up with all of God`s word. You haven`t done that.

Then the KJV version is in English, whereas the New Testament was written in Greek. Thus we need to understand what the original meaning is.

For example `mansions` in English mean a large dwelling house, house of the lord of the manor. And people think of Hollywood type of mansions. Very worldly.

`mansions` in Greek ` is  `mone,` meaning a staying, the act or the place.

Then looking further we see that the Apostle Paul reveals that it is our new bodies that are our new `house.` (2 Cor. 5: 1 - 4) We must compare scripture with scripture otherwise it is only our imagination of what WE think God is saying.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

WBO,

I think there will be mansions, or at least perfect dwellings for each of us. We look forward to that because we finally will be HOME. Paul saw heaven and describes it in 1Corinthians 2:9 “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”  

Its better than mansions, tho they probably are part of it. We can’t conceive what is prepared for us in glory!  We will be amazed. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

1 hour ago, Kristin said:

WBO,

I think there will be mansions, or at least perfect dwellings for each of us. We look forward to that because we finally will be HOME. Paul saw heaven and describes it in 1Corinthians 2:9 “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”  

Its better than mansions, tho they probably are part of it. We can’t conceive what is prepared for us in glory!  We will be amazed. 

Hi Kristin,

That would be interesting being a truckies side kick, seeing lots of different places.

Now had you realised that we have an incorruptible and immortal body. Thus no need to wash, or prepare food, or do laundry, or go to work to support our bodies. What room would you need in that `mansion?` A bathroom? A bedroom? A laundry? A kitchen? A lounge room you may say. Then do you live by yourself? We need houses to look after these bodies, however our bodies are not mortal or corrupt in glory.

However WE DO NEED NEW BODIES. And that is what God is saying we will have. Any worldly thought beyond that is just that - worldly.

regards, Marilyn.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

52 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Sister,

Yes we don`t criticize the person BUT  we do criticise, examine views in relation to God`s word.

Hi Marilyn.

I know you are a nice person and not your form to speak down to someone but you did tell him that what he was speaking was nonsense.  We have to be patient with others because they are sharing what they believe from their heart. Sorry it's not for me to judge you, but I wanted to let him know that I am joining his discussion in peace.

Thus your statement as you have underlined, I believe from scripture is wrong. We, the Body of Christ have NOT been promised an earthly inheritance or that the Lord will rule physically ON the earth.

Marilyn

At the resurrection, we have inherited all that our Lord Jesus Christ has inherited.  Everything that has been given to him is also ours - heaven and earth. 

Colossians 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Where ever Christ is, that's where we will be. 

God's work on this earth is not finished.  This is what the 1000 years is for.  The cleaning up can only be done by those now qualified to reign with Christ.  Those of the 1st resurrection have been changed into heavenly creatures and assist in establishing a heavenly kingdom on earth.  Earth is where they are needed.  Not heaven.

Do you have scriptures for that view?

Yes I do have a scripture, and I have had this conversation with you before;

Revelation 5:10   And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Isaiah 30:20   And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

Who are those teachers?

Revelation 3:9   Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

This is just a figure of speech showing they will respect and be in fear of the Lord's chosen.  It shows the saints are there before them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, WBO said:

John 14:2

In my Father's house are many mansions: If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you

According to Jesus words there will be mansions

In today's language in the Bible mansions is translated into "rooms". That is very different than mansions. It all depends on which translation you read

John 14:2

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

John 14:2 NIV 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Kristin,

That would be interesting being a truckies side kick, seeing lots of different places.

Now had you realised that we have an incorruptible and immortal body. Thus no need to wash, or prepare food, or do laundry, or go to work to support our bodies. What room would you need in that `mansion?` A bathroom? A bedroom? A laundry? A kitchen? A lounge room you may say. Then do you live by yourself? We need houses to look after these bodies, however our bodies are not mortal or corrupt in glory.

However WE DO NEED NEW BODIES. And that is what God is saying we will have. Any worldly thought beyond that is just that - worldly.

regards, Marilyn.

I think Paul says it all. We just can’t even imagine what is in store for us. I do think “dwellings” are involved. Maybe that is in reference to our our own resurrected bodies?  I, being a trucker without a clear home, understand the need for a place to reside. It doesn’t matter if it’s a mansion, a cosy cottage would be nice❤️

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Marilyn.

I know you are a nice person and not your form to speak down to someone but you did tell him that what he was speaking was nonsense.  We have to be patient with others because they are sharing what they believe from their heart. Sorry it's not for me to judge you, but I wanted to let him know that I am joining his discussion in peace.

Hi Sister,

I`m not aware of anyone saying anything wrong about some one and being unpeaceful. We are in a discussion where views are different. I wrote a summary of what I believed the OP was saying in the part I quoted from it. I summarized by saying it was `nonsense,` and then went on to say why from scripture. Just focussing on the view and scripture. I think you also need to do that and not give an impression that someone has said something wrong.

When people start to get personal then we have moderators here to address the situation.

21 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Marilyn.

At the resurrection, we have inherited all that our Lord Jesus Christ has inherited.  Everything that has been given to him is also ours - heaven and earth. 

Colossians 1:16   For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Where ever Christ is, that's where we will be. 

God's work on this earth is not finished.  This is what the 1000 years is for.  The cleaning up can only be done by those now qualified to reign with Christ.  Those of the 1st resurrection have been changed into heavenly creatures and assist in establishing a heavenly kingdom on earth.  Earth is where they are needed.  Not heaven.

Yes I do have a scripture, and I have had this conversation with you before;

Revelation 5:10   And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Isaiah 30:20   And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity, and the water of affliction, yet shall not thy teachers be removed into a corner any more, but thine eyes shall see thy teachers:

Who are those teachers?

Revelation 3:9   Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

This is just a figure of speech showing they will respect and be in fear of the Lord's chosen.  It shows the saints are there before them.

Hi again Sister.

And where the Lord Jesus will rule and reign from, with His Body, is from the highest realm, the third heaven.

As to that scripture in Rev. 5: 10 the word is `epi` the earth, meaning over or on. Thus we need more scriptures to show which.

Rev. 3: 9 is pre-trib, and pre-millennium.

Isaiah 30: 20 is a prophecy to Israel. The Body of Christ was not known or revealed before the Apostle Paul was given a revelation of God`s purposes for it. 

21 hours ago, Kristin said:

I think Paul says it all. We just can’t even imagine what is in store for us. I do think “dwellings” are involved. Maybe that is in reference to our our own resurrected bodies?  I, being a trucker without a clear home, understand the need for a place to reside. It doesn’t matter if it’s a mansion, a cosy cottage would be nice❤️

Hi Kristen,

Do you groan for a building or a new body?

`For in this we groan earnestly desiring to be CLOTHED with our HABITATION which is from heaven.` (2 Cor. 5: 2)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

4 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Sister,

I`m not aware of anyone saying anything wrong about some one and being unpeaceful. We are in a discussion where views are different. I wrote a summary of what I believed the OP was saying in the part I quoted from it. I summarized by saying it was `nonsense,` and then went on to say why from scripture. Just focussing on the view and scripture. I think you also need to do that and not give an impression that someone has said something wrong.

When people start to get personal then we have moderators here to address the situation.

Hi Marilyn

Sorry about that Sister.  I understand what you are saying.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1