Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

"Fill your pots to the brim," even if you do not understand your trials and see no immediate results of your actions. Once three Roman soldiers stood before the house where apostle Peter was staying. Having lived under Nazis and Communists, I know what a traumatic experience it is for men under oppression to see armed soldiers before the gate. It probably means arrest, followed by beatings and perhaps death. Then the Spirit spoke to Peter: "Go with them (Acts 10:20) No word of explanation. No consolation, such "Don't be afraid; you are led by an officer who wants to know the way of salvation." This is faith: to go, not knowing where the way will lead.  A sister wrote me, "I send my donation cheque before I paid the bills." Abel, too, brought to God "the firstlings of the flock" (Genesis 4:4) without knowing if he would get other lambs. If you make your accounts before giving, the beast Reason gets the upper hand and you will not give. May we all fill our pots to the brim. 

The Russian Baptist pastor Jacob Skorniakov was thrown three times in communist Soviet jails for his faith. He suffered 13 years communist imprisonment for evangelizing young people.  He writes: "May only our God, the God of Love and Peace, be with us: Then we are powerful even in our defenselessness, yes, even in death, to pray for our henchmen and torturers; not to avenge ourselves and not to curse with hate and despair, but pray that the God of Love forgive them, as Jesus did on the cross; as Stephen, the first martyr for the cause of Christ, did." To suffer for Christ is much, but Skorniakov desired more. He filled the pot TO THE BRIM. In jail, hungry and sick, he brought five men to Christ.

….Pastor Richard Wurmbrand

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

5 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

Was this the same minister who wrote a book by the title: "Tortured For Christ" ? I remember reading this book in our small library of books in highschool. It left a very deep impression on my younger Christian life at that time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

11 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

1. Richard Wurmbrand wrote Tortured for Christ 50 years ago. How is this book different? This is the first time you can read the whole story in one book—the whole story of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand, who eventually founded The Voices of Martyrs.

6 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:
  1. Richard Wurmbrand wrote Tortured for Christ 50 years ago. How is this book different? This is the first time you can read the whole story in one book—the whole story of Richard and Sabina Wurmbrand, who eventually founded The Voices of Martyrs.

Hi brother.

Richard has written many books, seven of which I have read. He shares many stories unwritten in "Tortured For Christ." No one has had more influence on my Christian life than he. He truly knew how to "fill his pot to the brim." 

Hope you are doing well today. :)

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

"Tortured for Christ" should be read by every Christian.  I sincerely mean that.

Get to your library.  Ask for it for a Christmas present.  Read it online if you can find it.

Read it.

8 minutes ago, Jayne said:

"Tortured for Christ" should be read by every Christian.  I sincerely mean that.

Get to your library.  Ask for it for a Christmas present.  Read it online if you can find it.

Read it.

You can order it free.

https://etools.ncol.com/a/tfc/bg_vomtfc_cw-tfc-email-title_309.html

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

ASK,, AND YE SHALL RECIEVE...AMEN,,KEEP ASKING,,WAIT PATIENTLY...IF IT IS OF THE CHRIST YE SHALL RECIEVE..IN PLENTY