• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

There is someone in my life, a single mother, who is smoking pot, drinking a lot, and previously indulged heavily in fornication. She may still be committing fornication. She is someone from my old days who recently reentered my life after a five year absence. When I visited her in her host's house, a demon knocked over a soap bottle. She laughed it off calling it "the ghost that lives here." She even gave it a name. Is God saying "Help her out" or is He saying, "Watch out! Here comes the Devil" How can I know? How do I act accordingly once I do? Is she even worth the time? 

I have witnessed to people. Ministered to them. Prayed for and with them. How many have I converted? NONE. I don't want to be like the guy in the parable of the talents who buried his talent. I want to be the guy with ten talents. I feel like I am failing God. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

I have witnessed to people. Ministered to them. Prayed for and with them. How many have I converted? NONE. I don't want to be like the guy in the parable of the talents who buried his talent. I want to be the guy with ten talents. I feel like I am failing God.  

No, my brother. Please don't feel you've failed the Lord at all! We don't always see what happens to the seeds of faith we sow. Someone else is called to water, tend, and nurture where you've done the part you've felt called to. As for your friend however, if you feel secure in dealing with her now that she's indicating occult involvement, march on for God. Don't let this discourage you.  

Now, it could be just a coincident of occurrence, and she's joking in her state of being pretty loaded. I'm not sure, but maybe you got the creeps from this experience, and are sensing something more. I would advise you to know how to battle in the spirit against this sort of thing. It's serious business, and not to be taken lightly. We do have the name of Jesus, as you know. Thanks for sharing. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  239
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

9 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

No, my brother. Please don't feel you've failed the Lord at all! We don't always see what happens to the seeds of faith we sow. Someone else is called to water, tend, and nurture where you've done the part you've felt called to. As for your friend however, if you feel secure in dealing with her now that she's indicating occult involvement, march on for God. Don't let this discourage you.  

Now, it could be just a coincident of occurrence, and she's joking in her state of being pretty loaded. I'm not sure, but maybe you got the creeps from this experience, and are sensing something more. I would advise you to know how to battle in the spirit against this sort of thing. It's serious business, and not to be taken lightly. We do have the name of Jesus, as you know. Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you sir. Your words have inspired the right words for me to speak in prayer.

I have read many of your previous posts. You are overflowing with faith and inspiring words. I look forward to getting to know you in our Lord God's kingdom. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Like Beau says, you aren't a failure.   Always remember you are a child of God through Christ.   You have imputed righteousness through the Lord.

As you are led by the Holy Spirit, you can share Christ with her.   Also, warn of the dangers of the occult.   However, if she strongly resists what you say, you don't need to keep close company with her if you sense she will be a detriment to your faith.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

13 minutes ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

I look forward to getting to know you in our Lord God's kingdom. 

Me too, bro. And then I gives ya a great big ol' squishy hug! :bighug2:

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  218
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Everyone is worth time but my concern was immediately ...where is the child ? If she is a single mum and smoking illegal substances is her child safe ? 

It is NOT your place to save anyone that is for God and Christ all we can do is witness to them and as beau says sow seeds , God is the gardener and the reaper  PRAY and let God show you what He wants from you I will be praying with and for both you and this lady :th_praying:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

2 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

There is someone in my life, a single mother, who is smoking pot, drinking a lot, and previously indulged heavily in fornication. She may still be committing fornication. She is someone from my old days who recently reentered my life after a five year absence. When I visited her in her host's house, a demon knocked over a soap bottle. She laughed it off calling it "the ghost that lives here." She even gave it a name. Is God saying "Help her out" or is He saying, "Watch out! Here comes the Devil" How can I know? How do I act accordingly once I do? Is she even worth the time? 

I have witnessed to people. Ministered to them. Prayed for and with them. How many have I converted? NONE. I don't want to be like the guy in the parable of the talents who buried his talent. I want to be the guy with ten talents. I feel like I am failing God. 

"Watch out! Here comes the Devil." I don't think demons knock over soap bottles.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

2 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

Angel in Training,

All we can do is Plant the Seeds, God Grants the growth in the lives of People. Your focus should be on that, not the fruit you produce. Yes it is nice to Know at times that what you are doing is having an effect, but that should not be your focus as that inevitably leads to pride. 

I was placed in a situation where I was working with someone who was demon possessed in my opinion, They Played this terrible Satanic heavy metal music, they came to work high all the time, complained about the job etc. I could only tolerate them so much.... I told the person I was working for about him, and warned him about him, because he was not doing his work effectively, yet the owner was tolerant of him. It made that job a nightmare for me personally. Sometimes helping the person out is to not enable them to continue in their behavior and get away with it. I had to fire this person, as it was in my power to do so, I found out a couple of days later he was caught transporting drugs and is in prison now. I Pray he hears the Word of God and gets sober while he is there, because there was no chance of preaching the Gospel to him while he was being enabled. So Sometimes, the right thing to do is to make them see the cost of the lifestyle they have chosen to lead. 

I Hope this helps. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, AngelInTraining93 said:

You don't know how many people you have saved on this earth. You may make not find out until you get to heaven. All you need to do is pray for these people. Ask that they will ask Jesus Christ into their lives to be their Lord and Savior. That is all you need to do. Give them to God and then don't associate with them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

You don't know how many people you have saved on this earth.

That's right. Amen. We cannot perceive the work of labor that we have laid. Once we've done our part, the Lord seems to bring along those who tend, and also those who harvest.