• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Willa said:

After watching the border collie working with the shepherd I thought of this psalm.  The dog watches the shepherd's gaze.  

Back in the states I owed 10 acres in the country, we brought home a small adorable puppy that my girls fell in love with on first sight, she had two different colored eyes, they named her Tizzy, since the land was on the eastern side of the coastal mountains it was hilly where we lived, ...a good place to ride three wheelers, ... as she grew and matured, when we took off on them, she would run along side of me and jump up on the gas tank and go for a ride, ...one day the neighbor came over to talk and he spotted Tizzy, ...told us she was an Australian shepherd, ...we didn't know, ...then one day another neighbor's milk cow broke down the fence and roamed about on our land, I watched Tizzy as she went on "full alert," watching the cow and turning her head and looking me in  the eye, just like you said, ...I said, "go Tizzy," and off she went, ...she herded that cow back through the hole in the fence right up to the neighbor's house, ...I was in total amazement, where did she learn that?  Certainly not from running and jumping onto a three wheeler gas tank!

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

51 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Back in the states I owed 10 acres in the country, we brought home a small adorable puppy that my girls fell in love with on first sight, she had two different colored eyes, they named her Tizzy, since the land was on the eastern side of the coastal mountains it was hilly where we lived, ...a good place to ride three wheelers, ... as she grew and matured, when we took off on them, she would run along side of me and jump up on the gas tank and go for a ride, ...one day the neighbor came over to talk and he spotted Tizzy, ...told us she was an Australian shepherd, ...we didn't know, ...then one day another neighbor's milk cow broke down the fence and roamed about on our land, I watched Tizzy as she went on "full alert," watching the cow and turning her head and looking me in  the eye, just like you said, ...I said, "go Tizzy," and off she went, ...she herded that cow back through the hole in the fence right up to the neighbor's house, ...I was in total amazement, where did she learn that?  Certainly not from running and jumping onto a three wheeler gas tank!

They are amazing cattle dogs and were bred in the USA, not Australia.  I watched a cowboy on a quarter horse working with a cattle dog to cut and herd cows.  It was pretty amazing.  The horse and dog worked in sync to get the cow to move where they wanted it.  I am sure the Cowboy was communicating with his legs but it looked like the horse and dog were working together and the rider was just trying to stay on the horse.  

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Willa said:

That is why the Passover lamb is taken into the home for several days to be inspected before  it is slaughtered.  It teaches just how much it cost the Father to see His own innocent Son to be tortured and slaughtered as He was going to and upon the cross.

I believe it was Zola Levitt Who taught that the baby lamb was to be made a pet , everybody was to be fond of the cute little things .The point was to make it painful .A picture of God’s pain   as He sacrificed His Son.I read somewhere that 3 billion sheep were sacrificed during the years that The Temple was operating.....

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

Enjoying this thread.  If seems that sheep-like is just how the Father views the human race, and reading through all the posts we get the sense of how perfect an analogy it is.  Sheep are child-like and easily led......helpless and vulnerable.....they can't manage at all without a Shepherd to guide them.  It's interesting that Jesus said He SENDS us out as sheep among wolves, and so I'm sure there is purpose in that.  Something to think about.  How we need our Good Shepherd every moment of every day to help us.

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 12/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, maryjayne said:

Sheep also need to be in flocks of at least 5. Otherwise they can pine and die.

@maryjayne :)Thanks for all the fascinating info you have been sharing. I dub you the sheep expert here.:mgqueen: This fact about how important it is that they be with others is in keeping with what Charles Spurgeon had to say:

"Some Christians try to go to heaven alone, in solitude. But believers are not compared to bears or lions or other animals that wander alone. Those who belong to Christ are sheep in this respect, that they love to get together. Sheep go in flocks, and so do God’s people.” Charles Spurgeon

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, Willa said:

They are amazing cattle dogs and were bred in the USA, not Australia.  I watched a cowboy on a quarter horse working with a cattle dog to cut and herd cows.  It was pretty amazing.  The horse and dog worked in sync to get the cow to move where they wanted it.  I am sure the Cowboy was communicating with his legs but it looked like the horse and dog were working together and the rider was just trying to stay on the horse.  

As is the Australian cattle dog or queensland heeler .    

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

As is the Australian cattle dog or queensland heeler .    

I have no idea why they were called Australian Cattle dogs because they were from the US.

22 hours ago, Willa said:

Sorry, my mistake.  I had them confused with Australian Shepherds which were Basque but first traveled to Australia?  before coming to western US where they completed crossing them till they excelled in the environment.  They are an excellent working and herding dog.  They often have each eye of a different color. I always laughed because a guy claimed he had the first ones made available outside of continental Australia, but they were not from Australia.  He just liked to tell tall tales.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, Willa said:

I have no idea why they were called Australian Cattle dogs because they were from the US.

Sorry, my mistake.  I had them confused with Australian Shepherds which were Basque but first traveled to Australia?  before coming to western US where they completed crossing them till they excelled in the environment.  They are an excellent working and herding dog.  They often have each eye of a different color. I always laughed because a guy claimed he had the first ones made available outside of continental Australia, but they were not from Australia.  He just liked to tell tall tales.  

Oh I know dear sister .    I was just speaking of another breed .  the blue heeler .   Its a cattle dog too .

• Thumbs Up 1