• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, maryjayne said:

They also have favourite areas of the field, and form territorial groups.

Sounds like denominations in the church, doesn't it?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

Maryjayne has pointed out a well known truth, sheep bite, ...I'm certain many of His ''sheep'' here at Worthy have sheep ''bite'' wounds...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.56
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

3 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Sheep also need to be in flocks of at least 5. Otherwise they can pine and die.

Lone sheep are usually ones which have got lost, as sheep will try to find their own kind and be in flocks.

And the strong ones in a flock will protect and look after the weak ones, even alerting the shepherd if a sheep is in need by bleating and nudging the shepherd to the one in need.

Each sheep has many different tones of bleats, and each sheep sounds different.

Wonderful stuff, Maryjane.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them. Genesis 3, 21

Genesis 9:3  Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Leviticus 9:3-4   "Then to the sons of Israel you shall speak, saying, 'Take a male goat for a sin offering, and a calf and a lamb, both one year old, without defect, for a burnt offering, and an ox and a ram for peace offerings, to sacrifice before the LORD, and a grain offering mixed with oil; for today the LORD will appear to you.'"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

Sheep are significant throughout the Bible. Humans are compared to sheep in the Bible. Sheep are known to wander away from the flock. They become over confident, rebellious and distracted. They are subject to danger. They need a shepherd. Christ is known as the good shepherd. He protects, guides and nurtures his flock. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,916
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

This topic makes me sad because of the ultimate fate of the sheep as well their treatment these days.

Have u guys ever slaughtered a lamb? Have u seen the treatment of sheep in the wool industry? Have u seen the conditions the sheep endure in live transport? Have u seen how lamb is kept, like veil? No shepherds? Have u seen how they kill sheep in the slaughter house?

Sorry guys for being so negative i'll make up for it ok.

I just have so much empathy for the sheep. Watch it and you'll see. BAAA... BANG. It's heart breaking.

Look at what it did to Clarice in the film Silence of the Lambs. Growing up on a farm seeing the lambs get slaughtered, it stayed with her for life in the form of a tormenting repressed memory.

One of my mates, Ange, dad had a farm. When he was a child his dad got a lamb. It was adorable. Ange got attached to it like a pet. Being a family that went hunting his dad wanted to teach him how to slaughter, skin and butcher. So he gave the boy Ange the knife and told him to slice the lambs throat. Ange was in tears, he couldn't do it. In one motion his dad grabbed the knife and slit the lambs throat causing blood to spray everywhere. In tears and covered in lambs blood Ange ran off, traumatized. You can tell even today by the way tells that story.

Ok no more sad stories

BA BA black sheep have u any wool? Yes sir, yes sir three bags full. Or...

Mary had a little lamb whose fleece was white as snow. Awww how cute... BAA... White as snow.

A friend and I went on a snow trip to New Zealand, known for having more sheep than people. At first we would be out the window of our hire car yelling BAAA every time we'd past a heard. It was funny at first but got old really quick.

In the book "Why The Shepherd", the chapter on "the giving sheep" starts off, "The sheep is one of the very few animals that feed and clothe mankind", and proceeds to extol the benefits the sheep provides in giving of its self willingly, freely, abundantly, and eventually totally as one who belongs to the shepherd, providing both income and example. In expectation and return for its giving the sheep receives as much as it gives: green pastures, still waters, grooming, protection, nursing, guidance and reassurance etc...and finally rest.

2132481572_GivingSheep.png.f72af147136f193bb8a30f9090bd9439.png

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,044
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

JOHN 21:14 this is now the third time that JESUS showed himself to HIS disciples after that HE was risen from the dead --21:15-- so when they had dined JESUS saith to simon peter simon son of jonas lovest thou ME more than these he saith unto HIM yea LORD thou knowest that I love thee HE saith unto him ---feed my lambs---21:16--HE saith to him again the second time simon son of jonas lovest thou ME he saith unto HIM yea LORD thou knowest that I love thee HE saith unto him ---feed MY sheep --2:17--HE saith unto him the third time simon son of jonas lovest thou ME peter was grieved because HE said unto him the third time lovest thou ME and he said unto HIM LORD thou knowest all things thou knowest that I love thee JESUS saith unto him---feed MY sheep---

JEREMIAH 15:16 thy words were found and I did eat them and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart for I am called by thy name O LORD GOD OF HOSTS 

JOHN 6:54 whoso eateth MY flesh and drinketh MY blood hath eternal life and I will raise him up at the last day 

JOHN 6:68 then simon peter answered HIM LORD to whom shall we go thou hast the words of eternal life 

JOHN 14:15 ---if you love ME --- keep MY commandments 

EZEKIEL 34:6 MY sheep wandered through all the mountains and upon every high hill yea MY flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth and none did search or seek after them --34:7-- therefore you shepherds hear the word of THE LORD --34:8-- as I live saith THE LORD GOD surely because MY flock became a prey and MY flock became meat to every beast of the field because there was no shepherd neither did MY shepherds search for MY flock but the shepherds fed themselves and fed not MY flock

JEREMIAH 23:1 woe be to the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of MY pasture saith THE LORD --23:2--therefore thus saith THE LORD GOD of israel against the pastors that feed MY people you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not visited them behold I will visit upon you the evil of your doings saith THE LORD 

JEREMIAH 23:21 I have not sent these prophets yet they ran I have not spoken to them yet they prophesied --23:22--but if they had stood in MY counsel and had caused MY people to --- hear MY words --- then they should have turned them from their evil way and the evil of their doings 

LUKE 15:3 and HE spake this parable unto them saying --15:4--what man of you having a hundred sheep if he lose one of them doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness and go after that which is lost until he find it 

LUKE 21:36 watch you therefore --- and pray always --- that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before THE SON OF MAN

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sheep scatter without their Master   They are dumb and they stink; those shepherds that sleep with their sheep smell like them, too.  They were not allowed in the Jewish temple without a ceremony of cleansing.  They needed a bath!   But little lambs are so cute and like to play "king of the mountain" and stand on top of their moms.  

Jesus was also the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.  Like the scapegoat, the sins of the people were placed on His head and He was led outside the camp and away from Jerusalem to die.  He was also the Passover Lamb that was inspected for several days to be sure it was without flaw, innocent and pure.  Then one was sacrificed for each family, and it all had to be eaten quickly while standing as their forefathers had done before the exodus from Egypt, so the death angel would pass over their house having the blood of the lamb on the mantle and door posts.      

Isa 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray;
We have turned, every one, to his own way;
And the LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 11/30/2019 at 8:31 AM, JustPassingThru said:

That's a difficult question to answer, ...I raised sheep in High School, ...it's a choice between being the most stupid creature Father ever created or, ...being the most stubborn creature He ever created, ...now we need to plug that into the answers already given to honestly evaluate ourselves...   :whistling:

Lord bless

My pastor has a small farm and brings a small donkey and a sheep every Christmas for the children to see.  This requires a roundup.  It consists of pastor running the length of the pasture many times and for hours after that sheep.  I am not sure if the sheep was sacrificed after the last time but pastor may have at least been thinking murderous thoughts.  After all, he is nearly 60 and not in the same shape that he was in his football days.  The kids are no longer in 4H and they also have a cow, chickens, a horse or 2, the pigs.....so there is no need for that stupid sheep.

Another pastor used to raise turkeys.  We were compared to that flock of turkeys.  He would go out to drive them into better pasture.  The ones in front would slow down, the ones in back would still be charging, and the upshot of it was that they would all take to flight back to where they started.  Had there been turkeys in the Holy Land, they might also have made it into God's parables.  

Off topic a bit is the Good Shepherd who guides His sheep dogs with His eyes.

Psa 32:8  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will guide you with My eye.

Psa 32:9  Do not be like the horse or like the mule,
Which have no understanding,
Which must be harnessed with bit and bridle,
Else they will not come near you.

After watching the border collie working with the shepherd I thought of this psalm.  The dog watches the shepherd's gaze.  When it turns toward  straying sheep the collie hardly needs the whistle--he is already racing after the sheep because he was watching the shepherd's eyes.  Some dogs are very visual and watch where we are looking, whether it be the TV or the direction we we about to throw the ball.  One of our dogs would always be there to catch the ball in the air and couldn't be outsmarted or tricked.  He was watching the ball thrower's eyes.  We need to be gazing into our Master's eyes as well, and go where His eyes of concern are looking.

• This is Worthy 1

9 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

This topic makes me sad because of the ultimate fate of the sheep as well their treatment these days.

Have u guys ever slaughtered a lamb? Have u seen the treatment of sheep in the wool industry? Have u seen the conditions the sheep endure in live transport? Have u seen how lamb is kept, like veil? No shepherds? Have u seen how they kill sheep in the slaughter house?

Sorry guys for being so negative i'll make up for it ok.

I just have so much empathy for the sheep. Watch it and you'll see. BAAA... BANG. It's heart breaking.

Look at what it did to Clarice in the film Silence of the Lambs. Growing up on a farm seeing the lambs get slaughtered, it stayed with her for life in the form of a tormenting repressed memory.

One of my mates, Ange, dad had a farm. When he was a child his dad got a lamb. It was adorable. Ange got attached to it like a pet. Being a family that went hunting his dad wanted to teach him how to slaughter, skin and butcher. So he gave the boy Ange the knife and told him to slice the lambs throat. Ange was in tears, he couldn't do it. In one motion his dad grabbed the knife and slit the lambs throat causing blood to spray everywhere. In tears and covered in lambs blood Ange ran off, traumatized. You can tell even today by the way tells that story.

That is why the Passover lamb is taken into the home for several days to be inspected before  it is slaughtered.  It teaches just how much it cost the Father to see His own innocent Son to be tortured and slaughtered as He was going to and upon the cross.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Brilliant! 1