• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

I do have to start out this thought with  apology for my joy in the Lord Jesus. I do love what He has done for me so. I do find such joy even as I too suffer the daily onslaughts upon us. I do apologize if I come off as  being too happy.

Truth is I just cannot long suffer in unhappiness while knowing what my Lord has done for me personally.  It is just too awesome.

I do give thanks in all things. I do count all the travails as joy. May  be nutty, but it is what gets revealed in even the worst of circumstances that gives me hope, the hope certain that is Jesus and His willing sacrifice made for me! Made that I might be with Him,  the Holy Spirit and the Father.  With God for eternity forward, that is amazing grace.

God even started my adventure in knowing Him by  using the Book of Job as my first awareness point from which I did respond to the specific call to me by the Holy Spirit.

I do think I understand pick up your cross and follow me. I do think I understand the redemptive certainty of  my Lord suffering the shame of the cross. I also do think  my Lord's burden on me is light, very light. It is not some albatross to wear as symbol of my sufferings, my agonies. It is the real promise of hope beyond hope beyond sight even. It is certainty and it is joy beyond all else. God is awesome. He is good so good. Jesus Blood alone has made it so  for me.

The pains of this body, the agony to  my mind and heart from loss of so many loved ones, some by such  horrible manners, temper some  I suppose, but do not bridle the joy of knowing the certain hope found in Jesus. The joy even stands out all the more I suppose.

So at the end of all my own thoughts on life in my own flesh or my life to come in my spiritual body, I see comfort that completely overwhelms my deepest hurts.  I celebrate and am content, made content with my lot by God alone through the work of Jesus alone  revealed by the Holy Spirit alone.  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

I do have to start out this thought with  apology for my joy in the Lord Jesus. I do love what He has done for me so. I do find such joy even as I too suffer the daily onslaughts upon us. I do apologize if I come off as  being too happy.

Truth is I just cannot long suffer in unhappiness while knowing what my Lord has done for me personally.  It is just too awesome.

I do give thanks in all things. I do count all the travails as joy. May  be nutty, but it is what gets revealed in even the worst of circumstances that gives me hope, the hope certain that is Jesus and His willing sacrifice made for me! Made that I might be with Him,  the Holy Spirit and the Father.  With God for eternity forward, that is amazing grace.

God even started my adventure in knowing Him by  using the Book of Job as my first awareness point from which I did respond to the specific call to me by the Holy Spirit.

I do think I understand pick up your cross and follow me. I do think I understand the redemptive certainty of  my Lord suffering the shame of the cross. I also do think  my Lord's burden on me is light, very light. It is not some albatross to wear as symbol of my sufferings, my agonies. It is the real promise of hope beyond hope beyond sight even. It is certainty and it is joy beyond all else. God is awesome. He is good so good. Jesus Blood alone has made it so  for me.

The pains of this body, the agony to  my mind and heart from loss of so many loved ones, some by such  horrible manners, temper some  I suppose, but do not bridle the joy of knowing the certain hope found in Jesus. The joy even stands out all the more I suppose.

So at the end of all my own thoughts on life in my own flesh or my life to come in my spiritual body, I see comfort that completely overwhelms my deepest hurts.  I celebrate and am content, made content with my lot by God alone through the work of Jesus alone  revealed by the Holy Spirit alone.  

It is a wonder and a blessing to be taught inwardly by God Himself. The joy knows no bounds. 

Be blessed in your life in Him, Not me 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,896
  • Content Per Day:  3.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

11 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Your post echoes much of the NT epistles, especially from Paul. Well said, Neighbour.

2Co 12:10 Wherefore I take pleasure in weaknesses, in injuries, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

Your quote of, " I also do think  my Lord's burden on me is light, very light. It is not some albatross to wear as symbol of my sufferings, my agonies. It is the real promise of hope beyond hope beyond sight even. It is certainty and it is joy beyond all else. God is awesome. He is good so good. Jesus Blood alone has made it so  for me."

It makes me what to interject a thought. What if the Lord when he said that that his burden was "light" wasn't referring to the weight of following him, what if he was actually being descriptive. For his burden was "light" that he carried and shared with the world. We are to also carry the burden of being a "light" to a world in darkness. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi Tigger, perhaps you might start a thread on the presentation of your thought. It will be fun to participate in it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

9 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Hi Tigger, perhaps you might start a thread on the presentation of your thought. It will be fun to participate in it.

Will do.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  769
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.08
  • Days Won:  1

The kingdom of God is found in the heart that forgives n shares, not in palaces or churches

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

@Neighbor - Reading your post, I can't but help thinking of Charles Spurgeon.  He had the same attitudes about present suffering and setbacks.  I just finished reading his autobiography and I was amazed at his focus on the future glory that he was to receive.

Awesome post by the way!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Hi jmax,

Thanks and thanks for the fun icon!- be careful lest you shoot your eye out!

I suppose it is not an accident that my own attitudes may be similar to those of Rev. Charles H. Spurgeon.

I have read his sermons and daily devotionals for I guess a couple of decades. I am presently re-studying sermon #3278 The Wordless Book an exposition on Psalm 51 in preparation for joining with others in working with special needs adults. 

Welcome to WCF!

p.s. - I just bought two copies of "C.H.Spurgeon All of Grace A Spurgeon Collection" yesterday at the church books table to include with  Christimas presents. I will be going back tomorrow to get a couple more copies.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have not read as much Spurgeon as I would like - going to remedy that over the holidays.  I joined a Spurgeon quotes group on Facebook and that made me dig deeper.  I found that he had several discourses on depression and found those very helpful.  When I read his biography (all 4 volumes!), I knew that I really needed to start reading more.  I have heard good things about his "Lectures to My Students" and I just checked and it is $0.00 on Kindle, so I think that I have a winner!

By the way, thank you for the welcome!  

• Thumbs Up 1