IGNORED

Interesting things the Lord Jesus said ...

Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

There are numerous quotes from the Lord during his ministry upon the earth that could be discussed. One that I find interesting is in Matthew 11:30, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

What if the Lord wasn't referring to weight when he said his burden was light. What if he was actually being descriptive of the burden. His burden was to be a light to the world. Our burden and blessing is also to be a light to a world in darkness. So his burden is "light".

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, Tigger56 said:

There are numerous quotes from the Lord during his ministry upon the earth that could be discussed. One that I find interesting is in Matthew 11:30, "For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

What if the Lord wasn't referring to weight when he said his burden was light. What if he was actually being descriptive of the burden. His burden was to be a light to the world. Our burden and blessing is also to be a light to a world in darkness. So his burden is "light".

The world puts heavy demands on us. All the Lord asks is that we love him with all our hearts, minds, and souls, and love our neighbors as ourselves.