• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Hi everyone, 

China started to implement this program in September of this year, and began imposing it as of today, December the first. It is a means of identifying new purchasers of cellular phones, but there seems to be something more to this, as the article indicates. I'm not speculating anything about this, but I was just wondering what Worthy members think this might entail for our possible future on a worldwide basis. So, what do you think?

Thanks for your thoughts. 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

China Introduces Compulsory Face Scans for Mobile Users

Counterterrorism & Security

7Dnews London

Sun, 01 Dec 2019 12:35 GMT

fb.png
twitter.png
gplus.png
wa.png

As Beijing continues to tighten cyberspace controls, a regulation that requires Chinese citizens to scan their faces when registering new mobile phones came into effect on Sunday December 1st, according to the country's information technology authority.

Announced in September, the new rule is intended for "safeguarding the legitimate rights and interests of citizens online.” Chinese nationals are required to record themselves turning their head and blinking when purchasing new phones or signing mobile contracts, according to AFP.

Issued by China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the notice said telecom operators should use "artificial intelligence and other technical means" to verify people's identities when they take a new phone number.

"In future, our ministry will continue to... increase supervision and inspection... and to strictly promote the management of real-name registration for phone users," the September notice stated.

Since 2013, the Chinese government has pushed for real-name registration for phone users in which ID cards are linked to new phone numbers. The move is to increase artificial intelligence (AI) as facial recognition technology is increasingly employed throughout China.

In reaction to the decision, online Chinese social media users expressed mixed opinions of support and worry over the December 1st facial verification notice, saying that their data could be sold or leaked.

"This is a bit too much," wrote one user on Twitter-like Weibo, commenting under an article about the new rules.

"Control, and then more control," posted another.

In early November, China saw one of its first lawsuits on facial recognition when a Chinese professor filed a claim against a safari park in Hangzhou, eastern Zhejiang province for requiring face scans for entry, according to the local court.

In 2012, Chinese social media site Weibo was also forced to roll out real-name registration as part of the Chinese government's push to "promote the healthy, orderly development of the Internet, protect state security and public interest.”

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member

Bump.

I'd really like to see at least a couple of responses on this, before it goes into archival status. 

Thanks for any input on thoughts...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I think these sorts of things are inevitable considering the vector we are on at this time.

Big Brother can use this for sure.....it relates to a loss of individual independence and makes it more difficult to fly under the radar in any sense.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

I think these sorts of things are inevitable considering the vector we are on at this time.

Big Brother can use this for sure.....it relates to a loss of individual independence and makes it more difficult to fly under the radar in any sense.

Thanks for your input, bro. I also feel those who expect to make it as survivalists during the Tribulation, will have to forgo the ownership of any type of computer, tablet, cell phone, and any other internet connection for the purpose of existing under the grid. It is far too easy to be traced with these devices. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Also in China, if you go into a church, they have cameras watching you there. I posted this news story last year:
https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/230006-china-firstfrutis-of-an-antichrist-surveillance/?do=findComment&comment=2939286

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Likely something similar coming our way soon. Things like this are leading the way:

Past President Clinton's wife Hillary wanted to see something similar called "National ID cards" in 1993. There was a temporary rise against it, and it did not go through.
In 2005 "Real ID" did pass in the U.S. Some states still are refuting it a bit. My last drivers license required much more info because of Real ID, and instead of a "normal camera" taking my picture, it was a "bio-recognition facial camera" forever implanting my mug on a hard drive somewhere. 

Cameras are EVERYWHERE now it seems. I received a pricey ticket recently for not paying at a toll booth with a "picture of my tag" as proof in the envelope. The photo found me guilty before I could prove my innocence. Turns out the guilty car had a "O" where my tag had a "C" After explaining to them I was at work 50 miles from where the picture was taken, and sending them a picture of my tag, they graciously dropped the fine.

My last walk in WalMart was on camera everywhere, even making a "bling" sound to get my attention as I went down some isles, lest I should break God's 8th Commandment and steal a toothbrush... This included self check-out with me looking at myself on the cash register screen.

This week in the news, Google is taking private health records of many without the consent of doctors or hospitals.

Microphones have been put outside in some cities to listen for gunfire.

"Smart TVs" can now listen, and watch you as your watching the TV.

The "smart devices" one talks too in the house are constantly listening while their on awaiting your next question or statement.

While the much younger generation sees some of this as normal, it seems to be quite the invasion of ones privacy at times.

At the same time, no matter how much they "see and hear" our God who is God, sees all, knows all, including every idol word men speak, even the very numbers of hairs on our head. I'm near certain all of these things will not know our hair count anytime soon! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

It is creepy :unsure: But what about iris scans and fingerprinting scans and ear scans? That has been going on for awhile. Just a stepping stone for the 7 year tribulation. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2