Sign in to follow this  
turtletwo

Dangers within the Alpha Courses

19 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Believer or whoever he spells his name ,  BROUGHT THIS .      May all read it

@B3L13v3R Thanks, brother for posting this. It was helpful. (Frienduff re-posted it here in my thread.)

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

33 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

THANK YOU DEAR SISTER .     Read this micheal 37. ITS ON THEIR ON SITE .   AND let all who name the name o JESUS flee the alpha course and anyone connected to ROME also .

Can you spell my name correctly please, and I am happy to have clarified the OP which was in error.

• Thanks 1

Fascinating. I recall writing about what happened to me when I visited a tiny Assemblies of God (AoG) church a few months ago and since that written account vanished when I left the forum, I ought to share it again since the charismatic movement is deeply involved in this particular heresy. 

Let's just say that first of all, I live smack-dab in the middle of nowhere. This points to the scarcity of many things... a depressing lack of my brothers and sisters in Christ being one of them (the lady still fancies herself an unbeliever at this time). This is remote as well as rugged country and one of the Mexican drug cartels is known is to operate in the region (they operate two fronts that I'm aware of)... this is a national wilderness after all. People go missing here every year.

A mile or so down the state highway stands a Roman Catholic mission church built during the early 19th century (1820's vintage)… this is commonplace. Ancient native American ruins comingle with abandoned Spanish colonial settlements; Roman Catholicism forms the backbone of communities in places like these. 18 miles down the road you'll find a bizarre mural of the "Virgin Mary" along with one depicting mounted conquistadores approaching Pueblo peoples out in their fields (that's how it happened out here hundreds of years ago). This is a dark as well as parched place...

After my birth in Spirit I prayed that the Lord would show me where my brothers and sisters were, knowing that I'm constrained by my service to the lady (she needs daily support). I learned of several churches clustered together in a nearby town and so I decided that the next time I found myself there I'd look into the various buildings and pick one to visit. It didn't take me long to rule all of them out save one: the church that owned the ancient and dilapidated sign mostly obscured by old tree along the main drag through town. "Town" is roughly four swallows of coffee long, I guess. :)

I noticed that it was an AoG church but after inspecting the place (looked run down), I knew that it was the place for me to go. These folks would be the least likely of the building occupants in town to show me to the curb (the left foot of fellowship). It was tiny with a window-mounted air conditioner... yep, perfect! :thumbsup:

I passed through their door that Sunday and was blown away by what I found. These folks were friendly, never giving me a second glance (amazing considering I look rather wild). I was greeted by a gracious lady whom I later learned was the pastor's wife (it was the first and only time I'd meet her). The pastor delivered a sermon based on the 9th chapter of Hebrews and the tiny congregation (12 not counting me) sang hymns and prayed together for a while, which was pleasant and not alarming in the least. I was shocked to be honest! The most humble charismatic service I've ever witnessed, that's for sure. Of course there were only twelve people in the pews not counting yours truly; I was merely a visitor. If someone there loved the Lord I prayed to find them!

I continued visiting the little congregation each Sunday until the following occurred: a substitute pastor was there instead of the usual fellow. He was out of town and so he had arranged for this one to fill in; it was her third time there. She seemed well-liked and I thought little of it seeing as how this is a denomination... they do what they have to do I suppose.

Her sermon horrified me! :emot-eek:  I just couldn't believe what I was hearing... signs and wonders? … words of faith? … the air was tasting heretical in there ... oy vey! :27:    :sneaking:

:runforhills:

Haven't returned since. These Alpha courses have the same smell … smells like death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Alpha course laugh in the spirit flourishes because itching ears r having fun at churches.

Edited by R. Hartono

I can't say I know much personally about the Alpha Course, ...what I know comes from men of God that I trust,

...however I do "know" about the so called "holy laughter," ...after I graduated from high school in '67 came the famous "Summer of Love," I tuned in, turned on and dropped out and became an Acid Freak, ...in my druggie group were heroin addicts, ...many a night I watched them shoot up, as they came on to the drug they would double over and start to hysterically laugh, mouth stretched fully open but no sound coming out of it, they would remain "paralyzed" like that for hours, ...holy laughter coming from the Holy Spirit, ...that's blasphemy, ...just like it has been stated above,the "church" participants were in an altered state of conciseness just like the junkies!

Be careful folks, we've been in church worship services here in Tahiti where the name of Jesus was repeated over and over and over in a monotone voice, to hypnotize the people into an altered state of conciseness, ...then there was a ripple in the time-space continuum, ...just like when we would "come on" to acid, ...that's when the circus began and all sorts of weird and bizarre things were done under the so called "influence" of the Holy Spirit, ...hogwash, demons were now running the show.  

Test all things, ...hold on to what is good...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 4

Yes, stay away folks. Run the other way from this, and instead run to the biblical Jesus. The real, true Jesus.

I did this alpha course, in my naivety, 20 years ago, when I was 25.

Thank the Lord, I can’t remember a lot about it. Only the basics of having a meal, watching a video and then chatting about it afterwards.

Until @frienduff thaylorde and @turtletwo brought it up the other day, I had forgotten about it.

On reading up on it in the last couple of days, it is definitely not biblical and by trying to re-focus people away from Jesus and instead onto the gifts of the Holy Spirit is exceedingly alarming.

The Holy Spirit indwells in us as the Spirit of Christ, to constantly point us to Jesus, to remind us of what Jesus said, to help bring scriptures to mind. He is our comforter, counsellor, advocate. But the main reason He is in us, is to keep pointing us to Jesus. To be able to have direct access to Jesus.

As turtle said, when Jesus was down here, he was constrained by time and space, so He could only be in one place at a time. By sending us His Holy Spirit, we all have direct access to Him, all the time.

We need to go back to the bible. The bible was written for all generations, right until Jesus returns. Trying to modernise it so that it fits in with the world culture, is not what the Lord teaches us. He wants us to live according to what He says in the bible and not the other way round.

It all comes together with this false unity. Trying to unite false religions together, to water Jesus down so people won’t be offended by Him. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Flee away from this.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

13 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Here is an article to point out further problems with the Alpha Course.

Problems of the Alpha Course

The Alpha Course tends to generalize Christianity and glosses over many of the distinctive doctrines of the many different denominations.  For example, Roman Catholics have complained that there is no emphasis on the Virgin Mary.  Baptist’s are upset that teachings on baptism are ignored.  What is not ignored, and in fact is overemphasized, is the infilling of the Holy Spirit, the baptism of the Spirit, tongues, and healing by prayer and therein lies some of the problems with this course.  For example, the Book of Acts is taught as normative doctrine instead of its intended use as a historical account of the church.  Conversely, the letters (epistles) of the New Testament are not so much normative but address specific issues that affect churches and are not construed as specific doctrines.  This is just the opposite of the way the books in the New Testament were intended by their writers.  This course tends to over emphasize the work of the Holy Spirit instead of Jesus Christ and His glorification.  There is also a gaping hole where major doctrines are not taught, like sin, sanctification, glorifying Jesus Christ, and loving one another.

The narrowness of these courses do little to allow an all-encompassing view of the story of redemption, the fall of man, the work at Calvary by Christ, and the duty of Christians in the church.  What theologians say about Jesus is emphasized above and over His actual ministry and commands.  It tends to completely ignore the Great Commission, even though Jesus’ imperative command was given 5 times just before His Ascension.

The Alpha Course, by not defining sin properly, fails to give the emphasis of Jesus sacrifice, the reason for His sacrifice, and for His resurrection.  These are the main themes of the Gospel, yet they are glossed over by the course and instead give ambiguous information about Christianity in general.  The course is highly superficial and there are very few specifics except in the gifts of the Spirit.  Actually the role of the Holy Spirit is over emphasized giving a  slightly different view of the Spirit.  The Holy Spirit in many cases, Whose purpose is to always point too and glorify Christ, is elevated in status and importance over Jesus Christ and the Father.  The gifts of the Spirit are sought after, prayed for, and raised in importance above that of Jesus Christ’s rightful place in the church.   The central focal point is not Christ but the gifts of the Spirit, which is contrary to what Christ taught the disciples in His High Priestly Prayer in the Gospel of John.

Dangers of the Alpha Course

The Alpha Course is now the fastest growing Christian education course in the world, according to Christianity Today, and it is growing at an exponential rate.  Dangers are that the main message of the gospel is glossed over to make it have basically little or no effect.  The crucial elements of Communion, Calvary, the cross, the reason for Christ’s sacrifice, and the inerrancy of the Word of God, and the Bible, are not emphasized.  Even the importance of the Great Commission is missing.

Also missing is the essential element of salvation by grace alone in Christ alone by faith alone.  The tendency of the course is to speed through or do a fly over of the Bible in general.  A crash course of the framework of the Bible can never replace the essential doctrines of the faith.  For example there is nothing given of the desire of Christ to make disciples of all nations, to come out of sin, to repent and be baptized, to grow in grace and knowledge.  A simple rote memorization of the Bible or of God is nothing short of being called the great omission.  Even the Devil and his demons know God exists and Satan could quote the Bible.  The demons believe in God and tremble but this doesn’t mean that they are acting on this belief.  What is missing is the desire to be hungering and thirsting after righteousness or to have practical applications like loving and serving one another that is covered by Paul in 1 Corinthians 13 and Romans 12.  There is a lack of focus on being regenerated, being renewed in mind, or growing in holiness through a lifelong sanctification process.

The greatest problem may be the elevating of the gifts of the Spirit and the lack of not glorifying Jesus Christ, to Whom the Holy Spirit is to testify of, speak of, and Who strives to glorify.  It seems to be more of a me-centered teaching.  The greater proportion of teaching about the gifts of the Spirit indicates that the gifts are more important than the Gift Giver.  Despite the Alpha Course’s best intention, it is overtly charismatic and under emphasizes the holiness of God, thus the “works” of the Spirit are seen as more important that true worship of God in Spirit and in Truth.  The experiences are seen as a validation of the Spirit’s presence more than an inner conversion and the outward expression of that conversion.  For example, there are testimonies of hundreds who have attended their conferences who have been “bounced” from them due to their lack of speaking in tongues rather than Jesus saying that we would know them by their fruits.

See how its really an hybrid of the faiths which is in turn starting to become a hybrid that will fit all religions and even the secular .

This was all about bringing folks together with FEELINGS and thus they are entertained with what seems as signs and wonders .

Repetitive chants ,  which I know what that does , cause personally as  a teenager I did this and it put me into a euphoric state and uncontrollable laughter too .

I did this on my own ,   not even following Christ ,    yet had folks seen it some would have called it holy ghost laughter .

And the word we chanted , me and my brothers was Spoon .  Don't even begin to ask me why we even did this ,  but that was the effect .

The repetitive chants , ALSO OPEN the mind , IT opens something up inside of a person and makes the mind very subjective to what is next taught .

Secular would call it a state of mild hypnosis or altered conscious in the new age , or in evangelical circles they think its of the Spirit .

In truth ,  lambs know it for what it is .    Its a doorway in to spirits all right , but not THE HOLY ONE , rather SEDUCING ONES .

While all true lambs know the gifts have never ceased ,  they would also know how to rightly divide the word of truth .

JESUS told his own desicples something real clear .    THEY were making the power into a ministry , RATHER than just being focused on JESUS and then using the power

as needed when its needed .

Many a folk , a person , a man or a woman has either long forgotten or never knew something , SO I will remind us of what some of us know .

LUCIFER was given great gifts  , great wisdom , great power ,

To receive such is not a sin .  TO BECOME ENAMOURED WITH IT ,  IS SIN and leadeth to PRIDE which causes HIS OWN DOWNFALL from heaven .

Now back to the example in the gospel .

And they returned REJOICING in that they had POWER over the demons and etc .

AND JESUS SAW IT , AND JESUS SAID THESE VERY WORDS

BEHOLD I saw satan FALL as lightning from heaven .  YES I have GIVEN YOU POWER over serpents and to cast out demons , BUT IN THIS REJOICE NOT . 

REJOICE RATHER that your names are wrote above .     YET the charismatic movement ,  has turned the entire FOCUS on the gifts , so is it any wonder

that they sit around as though some great thing , and holler TOUCH THOU NOT GODS ANNOINTED , TEST THOU NOT GODS ANNOINTED

and all they do is sit around and talk about the signs and wonders and wait for the next big EXPERIENCE , and SPEAK so little on sound doctrine .

Here is something else they forgetting .

WHEN phillip had told the eunach about JESUS and then the eunach said , what does hinder me from being baptized .

PHILLIP said , IF YOU believe with all your heart you may be baptized .

NOTICE phillips heart was ENSURING he BELIEVED ON JESUS with NO DOUBT at all in his heart .

Rather odd that today , when folks come on into these wild events ,  they don't FIRST even ask anyone if they have heard the gospel

or if they even believe ,  ITS LETS LAY HANDS and SLAY THEM In the SPIRIT ,  lets pray the baptism of the HOLY ghost on them .

BUT the baptism of the HOLY GHOST ,  that is given ONLY UNTO TRUE BELEIVERS .

SO WHERE ON EARTH is the real focus ABOUT THE REAL GOSPLE and ENSURING FOLKS are FIRST SAVED , before moving into the second phase .

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

I went to one a very long time ago.

I enjoyed most of it, but was put off by the heavy emphasis on charismatic stuff and the pressure to have to speak in tongues to prove Holy Spirit baptism.

• Well Said! 1

3 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

Yes, stay away folks. Run the other way from this, and instead run to the biblical Jesus. The real, true Jesus.

I did this alpha course, in my naivety, 20 years ago, when I was 25.

Thank the Lord, I can’t remember a lot about it. Only the basics of having a meal, watching a video and then chatting about it afterwards.

Until @frienduff thaylorde and @turtletwo brought it up the other day, I had forgotten about it.

On reading up on it in the last couple of days, it is definitely not biblical and by trying to re-focus people away from Jesus and instead onto the gifts of the Holy Spirit is exceedingly alarming.

The Holy Spirit indwells in us as the Spirit of Christ, to constantly point us to Jesus, to remind us of what Jesus said, to help bring scriptures to mind. He is our comforter, counsellor, advocate. But the main reason He is in us, is to keep pointing us to Jesus. To be able to have direct access to Jesus.

As turtle said, when Jesus was down here, he was constrained by time and space, so He could only be in one place at a time. By sending us His Holy Spirit, we all have direct access to Him, all the time.

We need to go back to the bible. The bible was written for all generations, right until Jesus returns. Trying to modernise it so that it fits in with the world culture, is not what the Lord teaches us. He wants us to live according to what He says in the bible and not the other way round.

It all comes together with this false unity. Trying to unite false religions together, to water Jesus down so people won’t be offended by Him. WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Flee away from this.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way to be saved.

attention , attention everyone and all.    TAKE A READ ON THE EIGHT SENTENCE .

WHAT DOES THE HOLY GHOST DO AGAIN .    TO REMIND US OF ALL THINGS JESUS SAID , to bring the holy scrips to our mind

SO why on earth is so little of his sayings and doctrine even taught IN THESE EVENTS .

Rather the spirit they preach is here to entertain us ,  NOT give us DOCTRINE , NOT equip us to BE YE HOLY and do all things to POINT TO JESUS and HIS SAYINGS .

YOU RIGHT SISTER ,  it is all about this false unity,   and it sure aint hard to see the WHO that is behind it .

SINCE HER BIRTH she has pandered to all , in order to reach all and enlarge her borders , SO NO MARVEL that she so does this NIGH the end too .

SHE DOING what she has always done and though she cries peace , heed her not .

FOR this is not about peace , but about POWER ,  as in HER POWER and her RULE OVER ALL that does have breath .

Though she cry peace ,  in her fathers heart is ONLY WAR

for HE does all now , to have the world to embrace the inclusive lie in which he claims leadeth to peace

BUT it will lead to ONLY THIS ,  ALL OUT HATE AGAINST THE FEW WHO WOULD NOT CONFORM .

AND he was given POWER to overcome the saints .  

ITS Mother is ROME and its father is the DRAGON .

• This is Worthy 1

Sign in to follow this