IGNORED

In the world, not of the world

nebula

Guest Zayit
Light offends darkness. It does not allow for excuses, it does not compromise with the darkness. Too many are afraid of "offending," so they try to keep their faith under wraps, and just try to be nice. Unfortunately, it gives the enemy the upper hand. Christians, in that scenario, become the influenced, instead of being the influencers. That is not how it should be.

It is sometimes so very hard not to influenced at work by people who love to talk or complain about other people, (espesially the bosses and they ARE NOT GOOD TO WORK FOR :24: ) so often I prayed to be strong and not to say anything, and so often I prayed God to give me strenght not to stay strong and focus on Him only , but I have to admit too many times I felt awful when I came home because I got sucked into it again. (Not because I wanted too) and had to ask God to forgive me again.

This seems to be my weak point at work because the situation is often bad around us to work, there seems to be always somebody who get growled at.

I could look for a different job, but this one is just across the road where I live and only temporary.

I'm glad its just season work .

I need prayer for the next 2 1/2 months

Angels

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I may make a suggestion? The same thing was happening at my husbands work, and there was also a lot of anger there and it was actually "attaching" itself to him and he was bringing it home. So this is what the L-RD told em to tell him. When he sees another fellow employee, upset, disgruntled, angry, dissing the managment,etc, instead of just watching or getting sucked into it, to just pray, Pray for that person, for the L-rD to give them clarity of mind if something on the job isn't going right. For patience, to deal with whatever is the problem, for help in anything outside work that could be causing this reaction either from the managment or the employees.

He has done this and the results are amazing! He has also shown kindness in little ways that have a big effect. Like the other day there was this guy who works next to my husband and his father is a minister but he is the opposite, rebellious biker dude and my husband knew that there was some friction between this guy and another employee and he had to be working next to him. My husband said to him that he would work at his machine and he could work at his so this guy wouldn't have to be next to him all day. You wouldn't believe the way this ministered to his inner soul. :24:

But look outside yourself, look around wherever you are as if through Jesus' eyes and see what he sees. Beneath the dirty exterior, the rough language, the complaining, etc, and look for the pain that is most likely being covered up. Or stress, or maybe they had a bad morning before leaving for work, their children are in trouble somehow , the boss's wife may be sleeping around on him, things like that and pray for those things for them, look to make things easier for them. Remember Jesus said if you are asked to go one mile, go two, you never know what you can accomplish for the kingdom in that second mile! :24:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Think of it like being in a room of alcoholics that are drinking, and being sober and not drinking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JOE!!!

Great to see you back on the Boards!!!!

(((((((JOE))))))))))

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/29/1978

Think of it like being in a room of alcoholics that are drinking, and being sober and not drinking.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JOE!!!

Great to see you back on the Boards!!!!

(((((((JOE))))))))))

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its great reading all the last comments added on the board. 1 John 2:-17 hits the point ! We can be used so much by God when we are humble and living a life that honours Him. Then we can see His Faithfulness which endures forever. It confirms the scripture than that even if people make fun of us at work or at school still the Lord in due time will lift us up for the wrath of men will be used to glorify God. Even so, the Lord has suffered so much humility and persecution and He stood it all so why not us imperfect weak people by the Grace of God we can make it . Like Paul we can say I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and nothing is able to separate me from the love of God. PRAISE THE LORD :thumbsup:

Edited by tomita

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What does it mean to be in the world but not of the world?

How does it affect the way we live - or how should it?

This is where Christ taught how to exit the world without leaving the earth. When you understand how it is possible today then and only then will you know how it will or should effect the way you live.

Mt 10

38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me.

Mt 16

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Mt 19

21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Me."

Mt 8

20 And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."

Matthew 6

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Mr 8

34 When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Mr 10

21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, "One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me."

1Co 4

11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless.

Re 11

3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."

Ga 5:16

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Ro 8

9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

It means dying to self. It all comes down to dying to self in order to serve. Jesus said to love God and our neighbors as ourselves.

I think many people get it wrong about the "loving self' part. Jesus was teaching that if we loved others with the same love, the same arrogance which allows us to forgive ourselves, see our own point of view above others, quick to offer ourselves mercy, acceptance and understanding and quick to defer to our own needs and interests that there would be an end to strife.

Self love is about the arrogance with which we love ourselves that we should be equally ready to impart on others.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Denise, Jar;

Amen!!! Some understand the Gospel. Self love is the problem. That is the sinful nature. That is what needs to be crucified with Christ. That is what dies and is buried with Him in baptism. When resurrected with Christ, self love is replaced with love for God and righteousness and love for all mankind, including our enemies. That leaves absolutely no room for self love, self is dead with Christ.

Gal 2:19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.

2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Denise you quoted:

Mt 16:24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

Amen!!! That cross took him only one place, Calvary. When we pick up 'our cross' it takes us to only one place, Calvary, to be crucified with Him. Then and only then can we be led into all truth and be fitted to do the work of God.

Jar:

The only sinner that the unconverted soul loves is himself. When the Holy Spirit convicts us, we hate our lives which have crucified Christ and gladly pick up that cross that leads to our dying with Christ on Calvary. Now the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts, the love of righteousness and holiness, and the hatred of sin, but a love for sinners. We now live to serve God and destroy sin and lead others to do the same.

God bless and keep,

Dennis

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

I read some of the posts, but not all, i'm sorry.

But i thought the OP put a very good point to us all. What does it mean to be in the world but not of it? And so far as i can reckon, this has not be answered, now please don't get mad, good points have been made.

I would like to pose, put to you, a further question, who among us is not of this world?

What does it mean to be not of this world?

I am not perfect, I know this, but I hold dear in my heart what Jesus did on the cross for us all.

So the immediate thought that came to mind, when the question asked was:

"What does it mean to be in this world but not of it?"

Well, i guess it means Jesus, because He is the only One, to my knowledge who has ever managed to be in this world but not of it. :ph34r:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  923
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/03/1974

Guys who among is is not of this world? Answer trufthfully.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Anne,

The true christian is not of this world. He is a pilgrim and stranger here traveling to a better land. He has been born again, not of corruptible seed, but incorruptable. He is a 'new creation' the old things are passed away. He now loves God with all his heart, mind, soul and strength and His neighbor as he used to love himself. He hates sin and wages a war against it in his life. This is what it means to be born again. This is what is encompased in a decision for Christ.

2Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, ALL things are become new.

5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

If we cannot say that we are not of this world, then it would behoove us to 'examine ourselves if we are in the faith'. The true Christian hates the things of the world, and loves the things of God. He has put away the foolish things of childhood and embraced the eternal things of God.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Guys who among is is not of this world? Answer trufthfully.

Not Christians, that's for Sure!!!!"