Blood Bought 1953

Small Ohio vs. Vast Canada— The Gloves Are Coming Off, Eh? ( not really , it’s a veritable Love-Fest)

4 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

One thing that needs to be taught regarding repentance is that it is a perpetual thing—the forsaking of sin is for a lifetime and the heartfelt repenting of sins is for a lifetime too, when we fail.  Woe, people; it’s getting late in the game.  Better start listening to and obeying our Father in heaven.  

You are right Sonshine. Where is it that we get a "heartfelt repentance"? Does that not come from God, rather than self? When we read, "When we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness," Who is doing that? Surely not us! There is nothing righteous in us. No one is saying or arguing that sin is good or that anyone is trying to escape it. Where are you getting that notion from? Certainly not me. Your idea that you "Better start listening to and obeying our Father in heaven," or else (because this is precisely what you are implying), is what Santa Claus demands in order to not miss giving out toys for Christmas to those who are good enough. Instead, I desire to trust God because God loves me and has shown me He loves me. Is your idea of love demanding something, or else? God is not a task master, but if we are not careful, we can unwittingly invite one into our lives. 

1 Corinthians 10:23-24 (NIV)
23  "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.
24  Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

When a person decides himself what demands upon others God should make, he serves self, not others.

There are some very angry people on here who shout---and some with all caps what they command everyone else believe, yet conduct themselves even more questionably. Ohhh, the irony!

The problem I see here Sonshine is not to decide for others how they should behave, but how God wants me to behave. Will God judge my actions because you don't like them? Likewise, will God judge your actions because I don't like them?  :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

26 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

You are right Sonshine. Where is it that we get a "heartfelt repentance"? Does that not come from God, rather than self? When we read, "When we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness," Who is doing that? Surely not us! There is nothing righteous in us. No one is saying or arguing that sin is good or that anyone is trying to escape it. Where are you getting that notion from? Certainly not me. Your idea that you "Better start listening to and obeying our Father in heaven," or else (because this is precisely what you are implying), is what Santa Claus demands in order to not miss giving out toys for Christmas to those who are good enough. Instead, I desire to trust God because God loves me and has shown me He loves me. Is your idea of love demanding something, or else? God is not a task master, but if we are not careful, we can unwittingly invite one into our lives. 

23  "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

When a person decides himself what demands upon others God should make, he serves self, not others.

There are some very angry people on here who shout---and some with all caps what they command everyone else believe, yet conduct themselves even more questionably. Ohhh, the irony!

The problem I see here Sonshine is not to decide for others how they should behave, but how God wants me to behave. Will God judge my actions because you don't like them? Likewise, will God judge your actions because I don't like them?  :)

Right.  There is nothing righteous in us.  It is because Jesus died for us that we are made righteous.

Edited by Sonshine
  • This is Worthy 2

oooooooooooopppppps, my post was edited and disappeared .. lol .. @nzkev, I said "yes" to your questions .. I am striving to become more and more perfect in Christ as we are called to strive for .. I am almost 75, so need to get it done now as I don't have a lot of time left .. lol .. I find that God is hearing me and answering me and I am thanking Him .. what I have, also, realised is that the better He helps me to become, the better I realise I need to become, yet .. I realise more and more things I never fully grasped before that need improvement .. I believe that the more we love God and the closer we come to Him and the better we become, the greater will be our happiness in Heaven .. all who make it to Heaven will be perfectly happy but each will only be as happy as he/she is capable of .. eg. some can only handle a capful of happiness and will have such and be perfectly happy .. some can handle a bathtub of happiness and will have such and be perfectly happy .. the happier we can be is what we should aim for .. do not settle for less when you can try to achieve more, not be working to earn such except in working to make yourself as good a person as you can, build your relationship with God to be as great as you can, and being there for others in their needs and God will be there more for you in your needs .. how much better we can become is unlimited and how happy we can become here and in eternity is unlimited as well .. 

@Coliseum  This thread was created as a debate to determine whether or not we need to repent when we sin in order to get to heaven.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

That “license to sin” issue? If I had a license to take a razor blade and slice off my lips, I would not use that license. I could hurt myself , right? If I had a license to sin , why would I use it ? Who suffers when I sin , regardless of any license I possess ? If you answered  “ why, that would be crazy! BB 1953 would be+the-one to suffer !”  —— go to the head of the class.......

The problem I have of how you preach Gods Word, is, how you defend yourself with impunity.  To me anyway, that is not how Christ Jesus taught us to behave as-Christ -Like- examples to others of  Gods plan of Mercy & His Grace in His Only begotten Son Christ Jesus working in our hearts once we become truly saved and born again by His Holy Spirit working in our hearts, convicting us and guiding us along the way forwards in His right direction.

You say, you , do not use that license to sin? And you also have stated in other posts that you have been Saved by Grace now for many, many, many years.

You sure fooled me this pas summer, when you wrote in your posts from this past summer , and mentioned in the space of two weeks that you a married man lusted twice after other women, then you went on to say in another post  that you were going to relax, have a beer and listen to Bob Dylan,( the musician who turned to Christianity and the back to Judaism.) Then in another post you praise the teachings of Gene Scott, and then in another you say you feel like going out drinking and smoking a cigar to prove your point.

You seem to get offended easily when a member here last weak mentioned you made their day by leaving a post, but don't have any trouble dishing out insults to others .  For me, this is no example of God Grace through Christ Jesus working in a persons life and heart.  So you can preach your particular message, but for me, it has fallen on deaf ears, because your behavior does not match who Christ Jesus represents and called us to be.

Sorry, but if you had your own church and behaved and preached the way you do , I would never attend your church, because to me it does not exemplify a changed life through Gods plan of Mercy and Grace in Christ Jesus.

About the importance of repentance of our sins? It bring us closer in intimacy with God.  It is written that it is good to confess our sins.For sure God knows our sins, but He also wants a daily relationship with us, so that we can talk openly about our struggles, not hide them under a rock but bring them in the open so that God can help us overcome them. If you truly believe and have faith in Gods plan of Mercy and Grace, you believe also that God will help you overcome your sins. As the saying goes, your as sick as your secrets.when we confess our secrets to God, we show Him that we are willing to become open, naked to Him and are willing to place our trust in Him enough so that He can to help us overcome step by step as we keep growing in Him.

I as a christian (with still far to go) am looking to keep overcoming , my sins through Christ who helps me be an overcomer over my sins. I also need to be surrounded by good examples of other Christians who have already overcome much, to help me grow and not stay stagnant in bad behavior. For me I know, I need to hear from strong Christians who have already overcome much and truly show the love of Christ through their words and behavior.

After all we are called to be ambassadors of His message:

2 Corinthians 5:20

Ambassadors for Christ
19that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God. 21God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.… Matthew

Matthew 5:14-16  14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

• This is Worthy 1

33 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

Right.  There is nothing righteous in us.  It is because Jesus died for us that we are made righteous.

21 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

@Coliseum  This thread was created as a debate to determine whether or not we need to repent when we sin in order to get to heaven.

First, thx for your edit above. The thing Sonshine I am very concerned about is how we speak with each other, plural. Sometimes we edit out things we say because we realize how harsh they can sound. I started to sound off myself with someone else, but before I hit the "Submit Reply" link, I at the last minute cancelled my post. It was neither beneficial nor helpful no matter what they said towards me. I am finding myself slipping into an attitude of needing to be right more than showing grace, and for that I ask forgiveness. It is harder and harder on a forum such as this, where everyone wants to look good in God's eyes, but I know that God sees me exactly the way I am. Once, my Physics mentor shared this, and it is true: "When two reasonably intelligent people communicate with each other, it is best to be direct, because each knows the game each other plays." We do not fool each other, let alone God. So what I am struggling with in my walk with Christ, He will make plain to me as I ask Him for wisdom. I have learned one thing about people: there is always something kind we can say about them---even when we do not feel like it---even when it hurts. I know many good things you have been on this site, and I hardly feel glad when I bring out those things I regret. If that is an act of repentance---an act of the Spirit of God in me, please accept it as such. :)

10 minutes ago, Coliseum said:

First, thx for your edit above. The thing Sonshine I am very concerned about is how we speak with each other, plural.

I think that before we began accusing each other, we should understand what has been said and what the focus of the thread is about. :)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

1 hour ago, Coliseum said:

Almost everything you accuse me of in your post above does not apply or is false.  Wow!  :o

Just fighting now, locked. Don't restart it, please.