• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Sea salt has lots of living critters in it, many poduce toxic waste. Gives it that wondrous salt air smell.

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure not to buy into any timeshares in that general region. Sounds dreadful. 

3 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

As the surface water evaporates the top couple inches get quite briny. Then when one flies along on a catamaran the salt stings like getting  hit with  buckshot or many bees at once.

To quote a line from Carly Simon's hit song, I Haven't Got Time For The Pain.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Life's effort requires pain tolerance, much pain tolerance. It never stops for some, if not most all of us. The secret to "success" successfully overcoming and running along with it  seems to me is to learn to laugh at it and go forward in the adventure God has laid out for us.

My own human role models suffer great  pain yet live fully, and love our lord and savior. One lives in a cocoon of arthritis since early infancy another has just been moved into an end of life living facility and considers it a new mission field for him. So cool ( for me to be humbled by their awesome faith and endurance)! To be able to see such servants of our Lord and be humbled by their very presence. And there are so very many. God is good so good. Can't help but sing that chorus as I go along.

So mercury, salt, oil, enemies, demons, little antiChrists, none of them much matter as we have victory in Jesus. He lives! He is our certainty. And so I can get up in the morning and praise God for the day at hand, a day closer to the day I get to say Hello to my Lord and savior. Should this not be  the day then it is a day at my post a soldier in our Lord's army,  of millions and perhaps many yet to come. It is all so grand an adventure.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member

1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

Life's effort requires pain tolerance, much pain tolerance.It never stops for some if not most all of us. 

This is true. California may be a risky state to live in. And I reside within an hour and a half of our nation's most hazardous toxic waste dumpsite as well. (Kesterson) And most of my friends have moved out of here long ago. I was born here and  I'll die here too. Believe it or not, I'm planning on cremation and remains will be dispersed into the mighty cold Pacific waves. My mom did before me three years ago, and so will the remainder of our family. We've vacationed along the Central Coast for decades, why stop now? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

9 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Amen. Yes, I can. It seems since the Fall of Man the world has been pretty much programmed in this manner. 

Romans 8:22 KJV 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 

Since the late 1960's, theologians have felt we are in the End Times. How much closer are we now? I think very close. Of course, back then there were prophesies yet to be fulfilled. It would appear all is simply waiting for it to occur. Personally, I am getting very homesick for Heaven. I'm longing for the day to be called home. 

It feels like we are close. Nothing yet has to be fulfilled for the rapture of the Church to occur. 

• Praise God! 3

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

It feels like we are close. Nothing yet has to be fulfilled for the rapture of the Church to occur. 

Amen! I wholeheartedly agree. I'm not categorized as "pre-trib", "mid-trib", or "post-trib". It happens when the Father sends the Son to take us out of here. Hallelujah! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to fulfill Beau-ja's expectations of me, I'll add that there is also no reason that our Lord will not be kept at making the honeymoon cottage by His Father for yet another three thousand years hence. 

Times have been tough in the past, tougher than today by far. I think the world is in a relatively peaceful period of time by comparison to the greater history of violent conflict records that are available for us to know.

Plus, we are having fewer plagues, less vermin, as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm not categorized as "pre-trib", "mid-trib", or "post-trib".

Hey why not stake out pre-wrath for yourself.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I don't take much stock in what the liberal major media has to say. There is no longer any objective news reporting, it's all opinion shaping for a specific ideological agenda. Secular scientists and liberal major media fit it into their false theory of evolution and man-made climate change. 

Yes, like never before nature is revolting. Never before has such die offs occurred in fish, whales, ocean life, birds and animals; along with red tides and deadly algae blooms. It's just one of the many signs we are living in the last days. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

19 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

There is no longer any objective news reporting, it's all opinion shaping for a specific ideological agenda. Secular scientists and liberal major media fit it into their false theory of evolution and man-made climate change. 

So true. A couple of years ago, I saw a headline "missing link found" So I read the article. It had a lot of details about how it was the missing link and how exciting the find was. But if you kept reading the article ... Waaaay down at the bottom, the lead scientist said "we dont really think it is the missing link but we had to say so in order to get grant money for our research."

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,463
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Just to fulfill Beau-ja's expectations of me, I'll add that there is also no reason that our Lord will not be kept at making the honeymoon cottage by His Father for yet another three thousand years hence. 

Times have been tough in the past, tougher than today by far. I think the world is in a relatively peaceful period of time by comparison to the greater history of violent conflict records that are available for us to know.

Plus, we are having fewer plagues, less vermin, as well.

I can't argue that but...

I believe we are seeing the beginning of 'birth pangs' with disease and war. I'll just stick to disease and vermin for the present time for brevity. We're seeing many isolated outbreaks of deadly viruses in third world countries, such as Ebola to name one. In our modern times it only takes "one" individual to escape quarantine or not have the symptoms and board an airliner. We are seeing diseases once thought eradicated rear their ugly heads again, such as smallpox and polio to name two. Then we have the Avian flu's we're being warned about that will eventually make their way. Many to most of these diseases are becoming resistant to our antibiotics and treatments. Mutations are happening faster than ever in the micro organisms; and more is being transmitted from animal to human.

The preceding doesn't even take into account all the biological military weapons that have been developed and stored awaiting sudden use. I propose a hostile nation, a certain religious group and terrorists acquiring them, wouldn't have second thoughts about using them against the Big or Little Satan. 

I'm not a doctor, nor play one on TV, so take this post with a grain of salt. :D

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2