Prayer in times of distress

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  185
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

How do we learn to pray in times of distress?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.82
  • Days Won:  226

You just tell everything that is on your heart to God. There is not special solution or way that you should pray. You can make it simple. God hears you however you pray.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,545
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, blessings from above said:

By praying all the time is likely a way. Praying always, giving thanks in all things. I suspect that then there will not be much in the way of distress, instead just something additional to be praying about and giving thanks for to God.

p.s. Give thanks to God for the good parking space while Christmas shopping. Give thanks for the opportunity for a walk when only a far away space is available; and when no space is available at all, give thanks for not parking and instead going elsewhere, home maybe to a cup of tea. Give thanks for the tea-

Praise the lord!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, blessings from above said:

1) We should read God's word before distress comes. Mark certain verses ( or purchase a book that shows verses for particular issues that we can turn to fast). By knowing the word or having verses handy, we can run directly to it when we're hit with any issue. Begin to pray these verses, meditate upon them and cling to them during the time of distress.

2) bring all your problems to God immediately. As you are faced with any type of distress, pray your verses and tell God what's going on, how you feel and ask for his help. Be honest before God, don't ever feel scared or ashamed or  embarrassed to talk to God. As a born again Christian, you can always come boldly before his throne, he's always listening and his desire is to help you.

3) by reading verses and going before God immediately in distress, you throw the enemy into panic mode, he becomes confused and then you attack him with one more weapon, you give thanks to God. Begin praising God for his faithfulness. 

If your faced with any type of distress, try these three steps you won't be disappointed..

God bless ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes sometimes the demonic words of satan can overtake me.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, blessings from above said:

Paul taught us to pray constantly (1 Thess 5:17). If we do that, then I would think it would only be natural to pray in times if distress.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

3 hours ago, blessings from above said:

Prayer is like having a conversation with Papa. Nothing formal. When I spoke with my dad, I approached him as one I knew loved me. I knew he was the only person who would protect me when I was afraid.  When I was in trouble, I came to him humbly with respect. Sometimes he wouldn't answer me because he knew I was not ready. Sometimes he told me to be patient and wait. Sometimes he wanted me to be brave and face my problem. He would be sad when I didn't tell him everything; he didn't like me keeping secrets, and if I needed his help, he wanted me to come to him and seek his advice. When I did what he asked, he encouraged me to continue in it. I could go to my dad for everything.

Our Father in Heaven wants us to talk to Him; communication is not only one way. He shares his heart through His Holy Spirit and His love letter---the Word of God, that is alive. We must read it and then always thank God, which He said would dispel the fear.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)
6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Do you believe it? We are engaged in what we believe. :)

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Another thing to take comfort in when you are in distress and do not know what to pray is from Romans 8:26-27

26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God.

I have thought about this when I was in or had a situation that I just didn't have the words to pray.

I hope this helps.

• Thumbs Up 1