What is the gospel?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Who the Gospel is is Jesus.  Saying that, the Gospel is the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Lee_ said:

What is the gospel?

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

(John 3:16-18)

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

1Co 15:1  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand,

1Co 15:2  and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.

1Co 15:3  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,

1Co 15:4  that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,

1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.

1Co 15:6  Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep.

1Co 15:7  Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The Gospel. Genesis thru Revelation. The tent is the beginnings of God's revelation. The Gospel in a Tent it has been called. The whole Creation down thru the ages is the Gospel - God's desire to have a huge blended cosmic family and His own children ruling and reigning, both heavenly and earthly. The good news of God's wishes to dwell with mankind and his other heavenly sons in an eternal life of His choosing.

The whole creation groans and travails towards this end.. The Gospel is not JUST a new testament idea any more than God Himself is a new idea. It is an idea from God's mind from everlasting to everlasting..

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

22 hours ago, Lee_ said:

What is the gospel?

My trusty Merriam-Webster's Dictionary, Tenth Addition (copyright 2001), gives five definitions plus several sub-definitions. I seem to remember my junior high church choir director telling us "gospel" means "good news." 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, Lee_ said:

What is the gospel?

You have received the right answers my friend, the gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ. 

keep asking questions my friend, I pray you are forever learning and growing in Christ... God bless ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

MARK 1:1 the beginning of the GOSPEL of JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF GOD

MARK 1:14 now after that john was put in prison JESUS came into gaililee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of GOD --1:15--and saying the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of GOD is at hand --- repent you --- and believe the gospel

2 CORINTHIANS 4:3 but if our gospel be hid it is hid to them that are lost --4:4-- in whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not lest the light of the glorious gospel of CHRIST who is the image of GOD should shine unto them

2 PETER 1:19 we have also a more sure word of prophecy whereunto you do well that you take heed as unto a light that shineth in a dark place until the day dawn and the day star rise in your hearts

PSALM 119:105 thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path  

ROMANS 15:29 and I am sure that when I come unto you I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of CHRIST

COLOSSIANS 1:5 for the hope which is laid up for you in heaven whereof you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel

1 PETER 1:25 but the word of THE LORD endureth forever and this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you 

1 TIMOTHY 1:9 knowing this that the law is not made for a righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient for the ungodly and for sinners for unholy and profane for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers for manslayers --1:10-- for whoremongers for them that defile themselves with mankind for menstealers --FOR LIARS-- for perjured persons and if there be any other thing that is contrary to --SOUND DOCTRINE--1:11--ACCORDING TO THE GLORIOUS GOSPEL OF THE BLESSED GOD--- which was committed to my trust 

ACTS 15:7 and when there had been much disputing peter rose up and said unto them men and brethren you know how that a good while ago GOD made choice among us that the gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel --AND BELIEVE--

HEBREWS 4:1 let us therefore fear lest a promise being left us of entering into HIS rest any of you should seem --TO COME SHORT OF IT-- 4:2-- for unto us was the gospel preached as well as unto them---but the word preached--- did not profit them not being MIXED WITH FAITH in them that heard it 

1 THESSALONIANS 1:5 for our gospel came not unto you in word only but also in power and --in the holy spirit-- and in much assurance -- as you know what manner of men we were among you for your sake 

EPHESIANS 1:12 that we should be to the praise of HIS GLORY who first trusted in CHRIST --1:13--in whom you also trusted after that you heard the word of truth ---THE GOSPEL OF YOUR SALVATION---in whom after that you believed you were sealed with that holy spirit of promise 

JOHN 6:27 labor not for the meat which perisheth but for the meat which endureth unto everlasting life which THE SON OF MAN shall give unto you --- FOR HIM HATH GOD THE FATHER SEALED 

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that --I SPEAK UNTO YOU--they are sprit and they are life 

MARK 8:35 for whosoever will save his life shall lose it but whosoever shall lose his life for --MY SAKE AND THE GOSPELS-- the same shall save it

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST 

Edited by steve morrow
mispelling

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

What is "the" Gospel, ...as has been stated above:

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the Gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.  For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures,  1Cor 15:1-4

...the high-lighted part is "the" Gospel, ...in Romans

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16 

...the Holy Spirit is telling us the Gospel is/has a power, ...the word power is dunamis, from which we have the word dynamite, the reason the Gospel is/has the power of dynamite is because:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.  2 Cor 4:4

When the Gospel enters into our soul/spirit by the illuminating "Light" of the Holy Spirit  if "blows up" and away the darkness that had kept us blind to the Gospel Message.

Any other verse "about" the Gospel can draw us to Christ, ...but it's the Gospel, Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, that has the "power" of Salvation in our lives.

Lord bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Gospel means good news. It is the good news concerning Christ and salvation.