IGNORED

why are some mothers capable of committing evil against their children?

Equippers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

No they don't. Some do, the minority. Most do not. Google the research.

This sort of incorrect belief needs to be stopped.

Many deliberately give their own children the opposite of what they had. 

And many use their experiences to enter caring roles, and supportive roles to help others.

research? please cite them

i just want to add i meant children who grew up in an environment with no nurturing and loving presence in their lives at all. now it is possible for children with abusive parents who still have loving presence in their lives, whether it is an extended family figures or others.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

31 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

https://www.nichd.nih.gov/newsroom/releases/042115-podcast-child-abuse

https://defendinnocence.org/myth-abused-becoming-abusers/

https://www.livingwell.org.au/managing-difficulties/addressing-the-victim-to-offender-cycle/

Three for your to consider.

Overwhelming evidence that the majority of those abused do not become abusers, whether they have a loving presence in their lives or not.

I have worked in this field for decades, and am a survivor myself.

ok

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Equippers said:

That's easy, ...me, ...even before I was saved!

I vowed to myself, after I reached the age of "accountability," ...I would never treat my children the way I was being treated when the time came for me to be married and have a family.

To answer you question, the one highlighted in the list:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men (and women,  the word  isisanthrōpos,  ...a human being, whether male or female ) shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;   2 Tim 3:1-4

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

why are some mothers capable of committing evil against their children?

Don't know the why of the capability, just the declaration of it in that all of us are depraved ; Jeremiah 17:9 ESV Genesis 6:5   with some saved out from it only by the grace of God alone.

There is a horrible sequence that plays out way too often, and that is of the mother allowing exposure of her offspring to her latest live in mate, and that new partner abusing the child or even killing it, or the mother deciding to kill her child to  be with her new lover unimpeded by motherhood.

Beyond my comprehension why  they don't just surrender their children to  any agency or charity that helps kids, but so often they do not.

The Hank Carr murders of four people and a mother's conviction for aiding her  companion after he killed her son is the example that comes to immediate memory.  James Carr was killed in  a shoot out with  officers after he had killed three of them. His girlfriend knew he had a handcuffs key and never told police, she was sentenced for exposing her child to the man that murdered him.

His appeal to her? Who knows, he supposedly abused her and her son yet she helped him  and did not warn police when they first arrested him. He got free of his handcuffs using the handcuff key he had around his neck. He had bragged about having it, on numerous occasions. He then immediately got one detective's gun and killed the two of them that had him in custody. He killed four people that day. She could have prevented at least three from happening. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

All people are capable of horrifying evil acts. ALL. 

God doesnt tell us to ignore, bury or pretend we dont all have the capacity built in for horrific cruelty and misdeeds. He tells us we are sinners, wicked and owe a debt for our inequities. BUT he tells us also that we can choose to do what is right. We can love, forgive and put others first DESPITE our potential ability to do evil. 

That is true goodness. Choosing the narrow path.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

11 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

exactly, @joebloggs .. ALL persons are capable of evil and some do succumb to such while others do not .. ultimately, it depends upon whether or not we are aligned with God and doing His Will, for His Will would never call for women (or anyone else) to commit any evil against anyone .. and, yes, in latter days, family members will be against family members, including mothers against daughters, etcetra .. how bad the latter becomes would vary in individual cases but some could be even evil .. some factors which may affect said behaviour would be alcohol, drugs, ... 

Agreed. Gods will in later days could amount to some hurt feelings amongst families. His will in earlier times calling men to kill women and children etc was likely more shocking to our modern moral compasses though I suspect. Right and wrong for non Christian's is different depending on when you live and where you live. Righteous and unrighteous according to Gods will has changed too as humanity is maturing in time. We are no longer spiritual children  so our standard is higher in this time.

I dont think theres much witchcraft and cults where I live in the uk. It's difficult to pinpoint exactly why people do wrong. It could be external temptation , it could be demons from within, it could be our flawed nature. It seems to be a very complex thing. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

PPD, mental illness or no conscious.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 12/5/2019 at 6:56 AM, Equippers said:

i just want to add i meant children who grew up in an environment with no nurturing and loving presence in their lives at all. now it is possible for children with abusive parents who still have loving presence in their lives, whether it is an extended family figures or others.

I agree. When it comes to abused children so many factors come into play-- but they can either perpetuate the abuse or learn from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:16 AM, Equippers said:

i know some mothers who doesn't feel any kind of maternal bond with their children, or are psychopath themselves. i am not really talking about those mothers.

i am talking about mothers who were once loving mothers who ended up committing evil against their children.

i recently watched this episode of "Snapped" in it is this mother who smothered her grown daughter to death. it was later discovered she had taken out a life insurance on her daughter a few months before 

before she murdered her own daughter, she has always been known as a loving mother to her three daughters. in fact, this woman actually offered to plead guilty to murder so her other daughter, who helped her disposed of the body, would get a lighter sentence.

in all fairness, this woman was going through alot, she was in great financial distress, with her house about to be foreclosed. Also the daughter she murdered has some kind of mental health issues, so she was not the easiest to get on with, but still...

there is an Asian proverb that translate into English would be something like "Tigers are vicious animals, but even tigers won't harm its' young"

it is just really mind boggling that some loving mothers are capable of doing this to their children.....

Mind boggling but it's reality.. Human beings can be evil and they can be very evil. And woman can be just as evil as men..

Society seems to do it's best to make excuses when a woman commits evil.. Not sure why?  Maybe we are so desperate to guard our delusional belief that mothers can only ever be good and motherly that we want to turn a blind eye when we see a woman doing evil..

As for Psychopaths, some of them can act out the part of being a loving mother and have everyone convinced they are a paragon of virtue.. They can play this role for a long time as long as playing that role brings them material benefit and social acceptance.. But if the time ever comes where they see the child as a ""Loss making concern"" then they will have no moral trouble is getting rid of the kid in one way or the other..