Jump to content
Equippers

why are some mothers capable of committing evil against their children?

Recommended Posts

i know some mothers who doesn't feel any kind of maternal bond with their children, or are psychopath themselves. i am not really talking about those mothers.

i am talking about mothers who were once loving mothers who ended up committing evil against their children.

i recently watched this episode of "Snapped" in it is this mother who smothered her grown daughter to death. it was later discovered she had taken out a life insurance on her daughter a few months before 

before she murdered her own daughter, she has always been known as a loving mother to her three daughters. in fact, this woman actually offered to plead guilty to murder so her other daughter, who helped her disposed of the body, would get a lighter sentence.

in all fairness, this woman was going through alot, she was in great financial distress, with her house about to be foreclosed. Also the daughter she murdered has some kind of mental health issues, so she was not the easiest to get on with, but still...

there is an Asian proverb that translate into English would be something like "Tigers are vicious animals, but even tigers won't harm its' young"

it is just really mind boggling that some loving mothers are capable of doing this to their children.....

 

 

Edited by Equippers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might it be she watched too many episodes of "Snapped" and became desensitized to violence and it's consequences?

Perhaps if she had gotten very active at church,  found a mission to serve in, sought out the good service she might have done in the name of our lord Jesus, turned the tv off altogether she never would have  fallen into doing violence? Seems to me it would have been far less likely.

  • This is Worthy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Might it be she watched too many episodes of "Snapped" and became desensitized to violence and it's consequences?

Perhaps if she had gotten very active at church,  found a mission to serve in, sought out the good service she might have done in the name of our lord Jesus, turned the tv off altogether she never would have  fallen into doing violence? Seems to me it would have been far less likely.

/

Edited by Equippers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Equippers said:

what is your problem? buddy?

You asked a question, I gave an answer. No problem for me.

 I suggest that individuals seeking out evils to watch especially as entertainment to pass time may become desensitized to the evil portrayed. People that tend to serve their Lord actively have less time for the watching of what may desensitize them to evil.

Ex:If one watches profane programming for example they will tend to tolerate profanity,  even becoming profane in their speech themselves. While if one reads the word of God they will likely  not be as profane in their own speech, for their heart will not tolerate it and their tongue not exhibit it.

Best not to make time for it at all, and instead seek out something better to be doing is my thought. Being  very active in service to one's Lord leaves little time for that which may harm one's sensitivity to evil.

 

  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neighbor said:

You asked a question, I gave an answer. No problem for me.

 I suggest that individuals seeking out evils to watch especially as entertainment to pass time may become desensitized to the evil portrayed. People that tend to serve their Lord actively have less time for the watching of what may desensitize them to evil.

Ex:If one watches profane programming for example they will tend to tolerate profanity,  even becoming profane in their speech themselves. While if one reads the word of God they will likely  not be as profane in their own speech, for their hert will not tolerate it and their tongue not exhibit it.

Best not to make time for it at all, and instead seek out something better to be doing is my thought. Being  very active in service to one's Lord leaves little time for that which may harm one's sensitivity to evil.

 

thank you for the advice God bless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Equippers said:

thank you for the advice God bless.

You are welcome; however it is not so much advice as it is revelation born of my own personal experience. If I tolerate degradation as entertainment for me I tend to  dwell on what is depravity instead of what is holy.

At this late point in my life I kinda live two lives, one in the city with cable tv, one in the mountains most often with not so much as a phone. I find it hard to avoid tv entirely in the city, and I find it's intrusive profanity has a negative effect on my own  expression. I think I like the mountains better, but I  have to learn to avoid the evil messages that are so pervasive in the city for when I am in them.

May God continue to bless you and your so very young one.

  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Equippers said:

i know some mothers who doesn't feel any kind of maternal bond with their children, or are psychopath themselves. i am not really talking about those mothers.

i am talking about mothers who were once loving mothers who ended up committing evil against their children.

i recently watched this episode of "Snapped" in it is this mother who smothered her grown daughter to death. it was later discovered she had taken out a life insurance on her daughter a few months before 

before she murdered her own daughter, she has always been known as a loving mother to her three daughters. in fact, this woman actually offered to plead guilty to murder so her other daughter, who helped her disposed of the body, would get a lighter sentence.

in all fairness, this woman was going through alot, she was in great financial distress, with her house about to be foreclosed. Also the daughter she murdered has some kind of mental health issues, so she was not the easiest to get on with, but still...

there is an Asian proverb that translate into English would be something like "Tigers are vicious animals, but even tigers won't harm its' young"

it is just really mind boggling that some loving mothers are capable of doing this to their children.....

 

 

I believe that Satan is clearly doing his work, He's here to still kill and destroy. Men and women who have fallen away from God ( back sliden) can Be capable of and do the most horrible sins. For without the love of God, one can't begin to really love. We see that Sin takes you further then you could ever think you could go.These people who walk away from God are now in the hands of Satan, they belong to him, as does everyone who doesn't receive Christ. There actions reflect the one they follow, the one who owns them. The only hope is returning to Christ.

  • Loved it! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Revlori said:

I believe that Satan is clearly doing his work, He's here to still kill and destroy. Men and women who have fallen away from God ( back sliden) can Be capable of and do the most horrible sins. For without the love of God, one can't begin to really love. We see that Sin takes you further then you could ever think you could go.These people who walk away from God are now in the hands of Satan, they belong to him, as does everyone who doesn't receive Christ. There actions reflect the one they follow, the one who owns them. The only hope is returning to Christ.

yes, Satan has definitely entered her heart. but you would think unconditional love for her child would still prevail in this case, it didn't. sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many years ago, my sis in law was kidnapped by a serial rapist/killer. She survived. He did not. I struggled with this for awhile. Why why why. The only conclusion I could come up with is that evil exists. The bible says the heart of man (and woman) is evil. 

How could a mother do this to a child? Because the heart of those mothers is evil. Unregenerate women who desperately need Jesus.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Equippers said:

i know some mothers who doesn't feel any kind of maternal bond with their children, or are psychopath themselves. i am not really talking about those mothers.

i am talking about mothers who were once loving mothers who ended up committing evil against their children.

i recently watched this episode of "Snapped" in it is this mother who smothered her grown daughter to death. it was later discovered she had taken out a life insurance on her daughter a few months before 

before she murdered her own daughter, she has always been known as a loving mother to her three daughters. in fact, this woman actually offered to plead guilty to murder so her other daughter, who helped her disposed of the body, would get a lighter sentence.

in all fairness, this woman was going through alot, she was in great financial distress, with her house about to be foreclosed. Also the daughter she murdered has some kind of mental health issues, so she was not the easiest to get on with, but still...

there is an Asian proverb that translate into English would be something like "Tigers are vicious animals, but even tigers won't harm its' young"

it is just really mind boggling that some loving mothers are capable of doing this to their children.....

 

 

It is too bad that women who have no love for their children are allowed to have them. God knows the horrible acts these mothers have committed towards their children. Give these women to God and pray for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...