• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

You dare to mock GOD's laws?

Shame on you....

Torah requires death penalties whether you like it or not.

Those death penalties are GOOD (Rom.7:12), or else Paul was a liar.

You choose.

I actually trust GOD.

How about you?

Oh sorry.

"Sorry my gay or adulterous friend, I am about to burn you to death as commanded by the Law of Moses for your own good....this is what the first century Church used to do, so it is scriptural".

Much better.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2

Call the entire OT "law" if you like....but that's a stretch.....

You've given no good reason to suppose Ecclesiastes or Song of Songs is "law".....

But it doesn't matter!

Paul applies ALL Scripture to you (2Ti.3:16).

So OBEY.

Does that mean pay my Tithe to the Levites too?

What tribe are you from?

Foolish questions don't deserve serious answers.....

And if by (extremely remote) chance you're actually serious, then the answer is:  TORAH does not define the measure of PAIN required in the Torah-death-penalties.

"Would you strike the match on gays and adulterers per Mosaic Law?"

You don't even read my posts....

I've told already TWICE that Lev. 20 does not require a MATCH.

So of course I would not "strike the match"......

Torah does not even require matches....

How did they burn adulterers and gays in the OT.?

Do you also execute rebellious kids as required by Torah?

"Okay, you asked for it..."

You got it.....Toyyyyyota......

Wow....that's an old memory....

Anyway.....

"Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter(DEATH MINISTRY), but of the spirit(LIFE MINISTRY): for the letter killeth(DEATH MINISTRY), but the spirit giveth life(LIFE MINISTRY)."

Ah yes!  The NEW COVENANT which is given as TORAH (Jer.31;33;Heb.8:10).  I LOVE it!

Not of the letter without the Spirit....because that would be DEATH.

But of the SPIRIT who testifies we obey TORAH (Heb.10:15-16), even all Torah ordinances (Eze.36:27) "from now and forever" (Is.59:20-21), because the Spirit leads us to OBEY Torah (Rom.8:13 + Rom.8:7), because the SPIRIT is the very substance of Jesus' words (Jn.6:63) which require TORAH (Mt.5:19) for ALL disciples of ALL nations (Mt.28:19-20).

After all, the SPIRIT leads us to obey even animal-sacrifice Torah (Ps.51:10,19).  So Torah is obviously not terminated by the Spirit!  Paul applies this Psalm to YOU (Eph.5:19;Col.3:16).

The letter without the Spirit KILLS.

The SPIRIT gives life!

So OBEY Torah in the spirit (Rom.7:6,25) and have LIFE (Mt.4:4;Dt.8:3;31:15-19;32:47;Jn.14:6 + Mt.5:19;Jn.6:63 + Mt. 23:2-3,23), or else you are a liar (1Jn.2:4).

" How shall not the ministration of the spirit(LIFE MINISTRY) be rather glorious?"

Indeed!  The SPIRIT and LIFE are glorious!

So OBEY Torah in the spirit (Rom.7:6,25) and have LIFE (Mt.4:4;Dt.8:3;31:15-19;32:47;Jn.14:6 + Mt.5:19;Jn.6:63 + Mt. 23:2-3,23), or else you are a liar (1Jn.2:4).

The SPIRIT who testifies we obey TORAH (Heb.10:15-16), even all Torah ordinances (Eze.36:27) "from now and forever" (Is.59:20-21), because the Spirit leads us to OBEY Torah (Rom.8:13 + Rom.8:7), because the SPIRIT is the very substance of Jesus' words (Jn.6:63) which require TORAH (Mt.5:19) for ALL disciples of ALL nations (Mt.28:19-20).

"For if the ministration of condemnation(DEATH MINISTRY) be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness(LIFE MINISTRY) exceed in glory."

YES!  We DO RIGHTEOUSNESS (1Jn.2:29;3:7) or else we are a child of the devil (1Jn.3:10) who will NOT inherit the forthcoming kingdom (Mt.5:20).

We do TORAH-OBEDIENT righteousness as witnessed in the Torah and prophets (Rom.3:21) RIGHT HERE =====> Dt.6:25;Is.56:1;Da.12:3;Eze.18:5-9.

"For if that which is done away was glorious(DEATH MINISTRY FORMER GLORY), much more that which remaineth is glorious."

Right!  The Old Covenant passes away (Heb.8:13). 

The SAME TORAH passes into the NEW Covenant (Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10).

NEW Covenant (Jer.31:31;Heb.8:8).

SAME TORAH (Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10;10:16), otherwise Jeremiah is a false prophet....(Dt.13:1-5)

"Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech"

Written by Paul who tells us our HOPE is in the COVENANTS (Eph.2:12) which are given as TORAH (e.g., Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10).

"And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:"

Yes, the glory on Moses' face faded away....and the Old Covenant passes away (Heb.8:13).

But the SAME TORAH passes into the NEW Covenant (Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10).

NEW Covenant (Jer.31:31;Heb.8:8).

SAME TORAH (Jer.31:33;Heb.8:10;10:16), otherwise Jeremiah is a false prophet....(Dt.13:1-5).

"But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament(DEATH MINISTRY BLINDS)"

Then Paul would NOT apply all Torah to you.

Oh wait!  What's this???? Paul applies ALL TORAH TO YOU! (2Ti.3:16;Dt.30:14 cited at Rom.10:8;Is.59:20-21 cited at Rom.11:26-27).

Ok...this means YOU are wrong.

After all, their minds were blinded because they did NOT believe the truth.

Torah is truth (Ps.119:142).

So LOVE it! (1Cor.13:6).  Not oppose it!

"LIFE MINISTRY PER CHRIST REMOVES VAIL"

Ahhh.....you mean the CHRIST who requires ALL TORAH (Mt.5:19) for ALL disciples of ALL nations? (Mt.28:19-20).

COOL!

Let's obey!

You just described the living dead.

Zombie saints.

Silly billy!

We are NOT condemned in Christ (Rom.8:1) who commands all Torah (Mt.5:19).

Try again!

For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Christ debunks James?

20 hours ago, Behold said:

Paul is teaching that some born again believers have stopped trusting in Christ to keep them out of Hell.  They are "fallen from Grace".

These people have become "self savers", and have replaced Christ, The Cross, and The Blood Atonement, with SELF EFFORT.  This can be defined as "enduring", "works", Lifestyle" "commandment keeping", "Torah keeping"....whatever it is that is KEEPING YOU out of Hell, in your mind, that=  isn't JESUS........... If that is you, then you are not trusting in Christ, and you are what Paul has defined as a person who has "fallen....FROM......Grace".......  Grace being the Heavenly position of redemption... and you have FALLEN...from this PLACE.....and are now in a lower place......Its called SELF-RIghteousness......> "FLESH"..... where you are trying to make yourself RIGHT with God, and you have your list.   "torah, commandments, not living in sin, obeying, obedience, works, works, works, self effort, self effort, and NO FAITH IN CHRIST TO KEEP YOU SAVED !!!  =  you are "fallen from GRACE"..... And who is Grace?   JESUS THE LORD... is Grace.   You've fallen from Him.   You've left your faith in him and now you are trusting in what YOU DO.........as this has become your SAVIOR.   You're not unsaved. (if you were really ever Born again)...(Many who teach a perverted Gospel are not born again)....But if you are, then  You are just fallen from Faith, fallen from GRACE..  Fallen from Him.

Paul also teaches that when a person teaches a "gospel" that does not give full credit to God and Christ for saving you and keeping you saved, then the "gospel" you are preaching is perverted, and its trying to subvert the truth and harm born again believers.   This is the devil's work.  And many do it in this world.  The do it in the Media, they do it in Churches, and they do it on forums like this one.

The Hebrew Roots idea is to fix what God broke.

The Law could save nobody, but they save themselves by it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

21 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

But don't worry!  WE WILL again obey 100% of ALL Torah (including sacrifices), in the future....otherwise Moses is a false prophet (Dt.30:1-8).

We will obey 100% of the changed Torah (without Levite priests and bleeding terrified animals). 

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law."

Yeshua is High Priest of the New Covenant.

Hebrews 7:18-19 "The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God." (NIV)

Let's see.  What "law" or "regulation" was "weak and useless" ?  

Answer:  The law of the Levitical priesthood and the animal sacrifices.  They "made nothing perfect".  "It is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins." 

Look back at verse 11-12

Hebrews 7:11-12 "If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood-- and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood-- why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. (NIV)

Look at 10:8-10

Hebrews 10:8 "When he [Christ} says above, "Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin-offerings You [Father God] did not desire nor did You take delight in them" (which are offered according to the law), 9 then he says, "Here I am: I have come to do your will." He does away with the first to establish the second. (Heb 10:8 NET)

HE (GOD) "does away with" - the "sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin offerings" that were "offered according to the law"

"to establish" - the offering of Christ "once for all"

What is established - will be written on our hearts.  

What is done away with - will not. 

I can totally see why those who want to cling to the original Levite priesthood and dead animal offerings, also deny the inspiration of the Letter to the Hebrews. 

Personally it is one of my absolute favorite portions of Scripture. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:59 PM, Resurrection Priest said:

We will obey 100% of the changed Torah (without Levite priests and bleeding terrified animals). 

Hebrews 7:12 "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law."

Yeshua is High Priest of the New Covenant.

Hebrews 7:18-19 "The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God." (NIV)

Let's see.  What "law" or "regulation" was "weak and useless" ?  

Answer:  The law of the Levitical priesthood and the animal sacrifices.  They "made nothing perfect".  "It is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins." 

Look back at verse 11-12

Hebrews 7:11-12 "If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood-- and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood-- why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also. (NIV)

Look at 10:8-10

Hebrews 10:8 "When he [Christ} says above, "Sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin-offerings You [Father God] did not desire nor did You take delight in them" (which are offered according to the law), 9 then he says, "Here I am: I have come to do your will." He does away with the first to establish the second. (Heb 10:8 NET)

HE (GOD) "does away with" - the "sacrifices and offerings and whole burnt offerings and sin offerings" that were "offered according to the law"

"to establish" - the offering of Christ "once for all"

What is established - will be written on our hearts.  

What is done away with - will not. 

I can totally see why those who want to cling to the original Levite priesthood and dead animal offerings, also deny the inspiration of the Letter to the Hebrews. 

Personally it is one of my absolute favorite portions of Scripture. 

Could you please cite a verse to uphold where it is you say sacrifices will end under the Torah

Edited by douge

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  467
  • Content Per Day:  0.29

3 minutes ago, douge said:

Could you please cite a verse to uphold where it is you say sacrifices will end under the Torah

Thought that's what I just did in the post you copied. 

You want a verse to say, "Stop sacrificing animals.  Their blood is useless.  It was only an acted prophecy, pointing to Christ."  You want it in exactly those words.

The writer of Hebrews goes to great lengths to explain that the blood of bulls and goats DID NOTHING, and DOES NOTHING. 

IF "the priesthood" is "changed", the animal sacrifices they perform are ALSO "changed" - under the New Covenant. 

That is why "spiritual sacrifices" are presented by New Covenant priests. 

The LORD allowed that Temple to be destroyed, and its priesthood scattered, so His New Covenant people would stop going there to find atonement and justification.

He has not allowed its reconstruction for almost 2000 years. 

Millions of believers have found atonement and justification - in Jesus Christ. 

I do believe another Temple will be built on that site, prior to Christ's return - but the LORD will not build that "house".  And they will "labour invain" who build it.  Antichrist will use that theater for his appearance.  Yes.  AC will stop the daily sacrifices.  All part of his deception. 

I suppose you want to debate Ezekiel's Temple vision next. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

23 hours ago, Resurrection Priest said:

Thought that's what I just did in the post you copied. 

You want a verse to say, "Stop sacrificing animals.  Their blood is useless.  It was only an acted prophecy, pointing to Christ."  You want it in exactly those words.

The writer of Hebrews goes to great lengths to explain that the blood of bulls and goats DID NOTHING, and DOES NOTHING. 

IF "the priesthood" is "changed", the animal sacrifices they perform are ALSO "changed" - under the New Covenant. 

That is why "spiritual sacrifices" are presented by New Covenant priests. 

The LORD allowed that Temple to be destroyed, and its priesthood scattered, so His New Covenant people would stop going there to find atonement and justification.

He has not allowed its reconstruction for almost 2000 years. 

Millions of believers have found atonement and justification - in Jesus Christ. 

I do believe another Temple will be built on that site, prior to Christ's return - but the LORD will not build that "house".  And they will "labour invain" who build it.  Antichrist will use that theater for his appearance.  Yes.  AC will stop the daily sacrifices.  All part of his deception. 

I suppose you want to debate Ezekiel's Temple vision next. 

Well.... I do think Ezekiel has something to say about sacrifices in the future temple. Ezekiel says the future temple sacrifices will be made to reconcile future transgressions Ezekiel 45:15-17