• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/4/2019 at 4:17 PM, Melinda12 said:

So, what is the opinion here ? Is this account literal or symbolic? I want to give my friend an answer that leads him to God and truth, that inspires his curiosity and ignites faith. Here is an opportunity.  

Hi,

May I suggest that it is a historical account. God spoke all of creation into being. Jesus is God. All that has been created has been created by Jesus. Feeding some 5000 males and their families present is no task for  the creator of all that has existed. It is a rather minor action for God though a miracle to men.

As I look all around me I have a choice to accept the miracle of it or to try to build my own reasoning which  comes up flawed mythology. It is simple truth that God does what to man are miracles.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

On 12/4/2019 at 9:17 PM, Melinda12 said:

Speaking today to an unbeliever friend, discussion turned to the Bible. He is a person who is non-contentious, just curious about the Bible. 

He said years ago he read the Bible and the account of the feeding of the 5000. He had always wondered how Christ did it. Was it symbolic or literal? I actually did not know what to reply. So i did what i do nowadays. Told him the truth. That i have faith, i believe the whole Bible is true but that many things have to be unpacked in order to get to what it is teaching us. I promised him i would ask the opinion of the Christian forum i belong to and bring him an answer next time i see him. 

So, what is the opinion here ? Is this account literal or symbolic? I want to give my friend an answer that leads him to God and truth, that inspires his curiosity and ignites faith. Here is an opportunity.  

Check out the Tanakh as it also happened there along with Yeshua's other miracles. It is not just a NT thing...