• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

ROMANS 2:21 thou therefore which teaches another teachest thou not thyself thou that preachest a man should not steal dost thou steal --2:22-- thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery dost thou commit adultery thou that abhorrest idols dost thou commit sacrilege

1 TIMOTHY 5:19 against an elder receive not an accusation but before two or three witnesses --5:20-- them that sin rebuke before all that others may also fear 

TITUS 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject

ISAIAH 41:6 they helped every one his neighbor and every one said to his brother be of good courage 

*******ACTS 4:32 and the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own but they had all things in common*******

*******1 JOHN 3:17 but whoso hath this worlds good and seeth his brother have need and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him how dwelleth the love of GOD in him******* 

ACTS 2:44 and all that believed were together and had all things in common --2:45-- and sold their possessions and goods and parted them to all men as every man had need

PSALM 31:24 be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart all you that hope in THE LORD 

PROVERBS 14:7 go from the presence of a foolish man when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge --14:8--the wisdom of the prudent is to understand HIS way but the folly of fools is deceit --14:9-- fools make a mock at sin but among the righteous there is favor

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The pastor should be returning at the beginning of the new year, perhaps a bit sooner. For whatever reason, he needed 3 months to sort out whatever he was or is going through.

The church is starting to tiptoe into political issues as well. 3 of the pastors and at least a couple of invited public speakers have spoken of the importance of "diversity" and "multiculturalism" in various ways and to varying degrees in their sermons in the past year. 

Why does this matter? The church opens it's doors to all christians and all who show some interest: is it now important that racial quotas or percentage targets be met? Are we to have certain political points of view regarding immigration or affirmative action or gay marriage?

Edited by samuelg1

I had no desire to attend either the morning church or evening church this past Sunday. This is the first time in several months I have not attended at least one of those two services, unless I had other matters to attend to.

In any event, the Sabbath is from sunset to sunset Friday evening to Saturday evening, not Sunday. It's odd that so many Christians complain about the precedence of the NFL on Sundays, yet Sunday is not even the Sabbath. Perhaps it is college football or the Friday slate of NBA games which are unholy instead?

Why not be sure to keep every day as a holy day? Why reserve one day of the week for worship?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

20 minutes ago, samuelg1 said:

I had no desire to attend either the morning church or evening church this past Sunday. This is the first time in several months I have not attended at least one of those two services, unless I had other matters to attend to.

In any event, the Sabbath is from sunset to sunset Friday evening to Saturday evening, not Sunday. It's odd that so many Christians complain about the precedence of the NFL on Sundays, yet Sunday is not even the Sabbath. Perhaps it is college football or the Friday slate of NBA games which are unholy instead?

Why not be sure to keep every day as a holy day? Why reserve one day of the week for worship?

I suppose it does not matter which day of the week, but at least one day of the week is spent on worship. Personally, I worship God daily, which does not mean I necessarily go to church to worship.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, samuelg1 said:

Worship is of the heart. There should be no set schedule for it. And yes, it meant to be a daily devotion. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

20 hours ago, Margo1945 said:

so if I kept just adding short posts of any content, I could become the next level, right??????? .. lol 

Yes, Margo. That's pretty much how it works. Upping your posts do not necessarily add to the quality of your profile's reputation though. There is an area of the forums where posts aren't counted no matter how many entries. It's the top level of here: 

Fellowship Hall

Edited by BeauJangles

The church's latest staff hire is a financial advisor lol. How much more obvious can this church's priorities get? Without getting into too much detail, it's clear the lead pastor either pestered and/or begged this new "pastor" to join our church. I use the term "our" loosely as well since there is a membership process which very few in the congregation have gone through. 

There is so much which is unclear about this church. What's very clear is that few if any of the "pastors" have a theological degree. None of them strike me as the "pastor" type, meaning most of them seem not especially well versed in the Bible. They know enough or can read enough to put together a half hour talk, but beyond that, have no in-depth knowledge that any of us could not acquire in just a few hours of study time if we were so inclined. 

I believe the lead pastor has a graduate degree in theology. His wife has some coursework in theology. Beyond that, these "pastors" qualifications are extremely sketchy. There is nothing in the church website which attests to their training in theology. As far as I can tell, they make announcements from time to time in the main service, act as event coordinators setting up and tearing down tents, but otherwise, serve primarily as babysitters for the huge numbers of children who require babysitting during the main services. Sure, they plan a multitude of events, but their number and scale are minuscule compared to what would be expected in a private business. 

I'm really scratching my head as to how I put my faith, quite literally speaking in these people. As far as I know, they could've been former automobile mechanics or Tupperware salesmen. I don't think anyone else is asking either. It's just crazy.