IGNORED

A Youth Pastor Was Found Not Guilty Of Child Exploitation. Should he be allowed to be a pastor again?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

Some members of a church are upset that their Youth Pastor was fired after being accused and charged with child exploitation.

Last month he was acquitted of the charges after his attorney argued that his actions were odd, but not criminal. Should he be allowed in a leadership role again?

This is what he did:

“Singer was charged with knowingly enticing someone younger than 17 to remove clothing for sexual purposes. The charges allege that in three text conversations, Singer asked for a photo of the boy in his underwear, for a photo of the underwear itself, and for the boy to stay overnight at his residence.

There were other texts in which Singer asked the boy about the style of underwear he was wearing, among approximately 2,000 texts Singer and the youth exchanged after they met in summer 2016 on a bus to Harvest's camp in Michigan, according to the charges. Singer was the youth's cabin counselor.”

Edited by ReneeIW

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

:blink:

1 minute ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

If there is proof of the above, then no, absolutely not. I don't understand why it was not illegal (the part about the picture of the boy in his underwear)? Is it because the kid was at least 17?

There was proof, that’s why he was charged and put on trial. Everything took place through texts. But his attorney said his actions were not a crime. Should he be allowed in a leadership position at another church in the future if he says he has changed?

Are we allowed to post links? (If not, please accept my apologies). Here’s a link to the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20191112/news/191119769/

7 minutes ago, Isaiah53NIV said:

If there is proof of the above, then no, absolutely not. I don't understand why it was not illegal (the part about the picture of the boy in his underwear)? Is it because the kid was at least 17?

No. The boy was 15. His lawyer argued that asking to see him in his underwear is not a crime. 

Edited by ReneeIW

6 minutes ago, Revlori said:

To make this simple. No. He is clearly guilty according to God's word. He can of course be forgiven, but not be placed in this type of role. He is a danger to children. I'm sorry for the short blunt responce, however this type of behavior is totally unacceptable and I detest it.

God bless ?

Do you doubt that God can change him? What if he fully repents and becomes a new creation in Christ? 

Edited by ReneeIW

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, ReneeIW said:

Do you doubt that God can change him? What if he fully repents and becomes a new creation in Christ? 

No I don't doubt that God can change him, God can and does make everyone new who repents, however even if he repents he must take the proper steps to ever be put back into any position in the church.

He must be willing to step down, to be counseled and regain the trust of the church. This is a person who appears to have sick and twisted thoughts about children. This is first dealing with lust and perversion, not to mention the abomination of homosexuality with a child. God will not place such a person in any position in the church. If they repent, turn from this and truly live for Christ. In time God can use this person again. As God restores them and changes them. 

Anyone with a retentive heart would have no problem in this. It's those who don't see there wrong, who make excuses for their behavior or those who are deep inside hiding their sinful nature who seem to oppose doing what's right.

God bless ?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

1 hour ago, ReneeIW said:

There was proof, that’s why he was charged and put on trial. Everything took place through texts. But his attorney said his actions were not a crime. Should he be allowed in a leadership position at another church in the future if he says he has changed?

Are we allowed to post links? (If not, please accept my apologies). Here’s a link to the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyherald.com/amp-article/20191112/news/191119769/

Since there is proof in the emails that appear he is grooming the boy, the guy should be kept from contact with minors.(if he is not fired).  Then he should be put on probation for 5 years.  Many people learn to speak Christianese and are good actors but are not genuine Christians.  Christians tend to be gullible and get excited when someone goes through the motions and claims to be a Christian.  Even after counseling few pedophiles genuinely reform.  I know a guy who raped both of his teen aged daughters which is why his wife divorced him.  He married many times after that and I shuddered when I saw the kids in the subsequent families.  I couldn't reveal how I learned the details of the case because I was not allowed to according to the legal contract I signed when I was employed by the hospital.  By the way, each state has its unique laws concerning the ages and child rape.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1