IGNORED

A Youth Pastor Was Found Not Guilty Of Child Exploitation. Should he be allowed to be a pastor again?

ReneeIW

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think that it is not only about his guilt or innocence, but whether he has a good reputation with outsiders. I tend to think that the fact that this article exists, his reputation is damaged, and a church that puts him in positions of leadership or in contact with minors, damages it's own reputation, if not the reputation of the church universal.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Some members of a church are upset that their Youth Pastor was fired after being accused and charged with child exploitation.

One needs not be found a criminal to be found unfit for leadership roles in local bodies of Christ Jesus.

Conversely a person might be found guilty of a crime by a court system and yet be  quite fit for leadership duty in a church ministry.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

17 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Some members of a church are upset that their Youth Pastor was fired after being accused and charged with child exploitation.

Last month he was acquitted of the charges after his attorney argued that his actions were odd, but not criminal. Should he be allowed in a leadership role again?

This is what he did:

“Singer was charged with knowingly enticing someone younger than 17 to remove clothing for sexual purposes. The charges allege that in three text conversations, Singer asked for a photo of the boy in his underwear, for a photo of the underwear itself, and for the boy to stay overnight at his residence.

There were other texts in which Singer asked the boy about the style of underwear he was wearing, among approximately 2,000 texts Singer and the youth exchanged after they met in summer 2016 on a bus to Harvest's camp in Michigan, according to the charges. Singer was the youth's cabin counselor.”

Now if he was wrongly accused that is something else. But you state here that he did do this.  If this is what he did. Then I don't think I would be allowing my child to attend his youth classes.  

As for being a pastor. Well someone wiser then me should make that call. But again my child would not be attending cause this has red flags going up all over the place. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Oh and one more thing to consider. This could open the church up to a law suit. If anything dose go on it could be said that the church had knowledge of his past behavioral and they could be held liable in a law suit should something happen. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

17 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Do you doubt that God can change him? What if he fully repents and becomes a new creation in Christ? 

historically speaking this happens extremely rarely....      I would not have him working with my grandkids under any circumstances....    period....    ever...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

19 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

Last month he was acquitted of the charges after his attorney argued that his actions were odd, but not criminal. Should he be allowed in a leadership role again?

This is what he did:

“Singer was charged with knowingly enticing someone younger than 17 to remove clothing for sexual purposes. The charges allege that in three text conversations, Singer asked for a photo of the boy in his underwear, for a photo of the underwear itself, and for the boy to stay overnight at his residence.

There were other texts in which Singer asked the boy about the style of underwear he was wearing, among approximately 2,000 texts Singer and the youth exchanged after they met in summer 2016 on a bus to Harvest's camp in Michigan, according to the charges. Singer was the youth's cabin counselor.”

If he really did the things he was accused of doing, then he should be fired, I believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, DustyRoad said:

I still find that defense loathsome to the extreme.  

His defense attorney, Terry Ekl, has a reputation of representing child molesters and either getting them acquitted,  or securing a short sentence. And he seems to always forgo a jury trial, and instead chooses  to argue in front of the judge. Hmmm

Remember Dennis Hastert? The former Speaker  of the House? He was convicted a few years ago of paying hush money to a man that accused Hastert of molesting him when he was a child. The attorney got Hastert a very short sentence of 15 months. He wheeled him into court everyday claiming his health was failing.He has also represented high profile Christian leaders. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,523
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

27 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Some members of a church are upset that their Youth Pastor was fired

That's the part of this story I find very hard to comprehend. Personally I would be for some street justice with at least a tar and feathering plus a running out of town of this character. To think that anyone could be upset by the firing of him screams a whole lot about those people! I wouldn't allow my own  kids anywhere near them either.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

1 hour ago, Margo1945 said:

is no one going to add to this .. lol

3 pages worth of folks added to this.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/4/2019 at 5:40 PM, ReneeIW said:

This is what he did:

No, he should not be allowed to be a Pastor in the future.