turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

This thread is both to glorify God and encourage one another. These are not mutually exclusive. One does not negate the other. 

When believers become aware that something they said or wrote helped a person, it gladdens their heart and strengthens their faith. They rejoice that a good outcome came of it.

They in turn give the praise back to God that the seed which they planted has blossomed. It is not as a way to seek recognition. They are satisfied simply to be a vessel used by God.

But it is nonetheless uplifting to them when someone communicates that they've blessed them by what they've posted. I believe this is the reason George has the reaction icons here. :)

1 Corinthians 16:17-19 

17 I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.

18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge them that are such.

Acknowledge them. Paul told them to do this... We can see that edifying in this manner was a regular practice in the early church. So there is a biblical precedent for it.

"Thus Joseph, who was also called by the apostles Barnabas (which means son of encouragement)"...  In Acts 4:36 we see Barnabas was being given credit in that he was recognized (for his encouraging ways) by his very name  they gave him.:)

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Don't forget to credit the person they came from. 

Things by others who are not members (such as people in your life, famous quotes that are inspiring, original stuff)...are all welcome. :)

When you use a quote, poem, etc. you are told to credit the writer. I mentioned this because it is actually the law. It is for clarification purposes so you don't lead people to think you were the one who wrote it. I underlined the "famous quotes" above because you can see how this could cause plagiarism.

I hope we can use this Nuggets Of Hope thread to lift up the name of Jesus and encourage each other through quotes, poems and stories. Be blessed, Worthy family.

:group-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

Corrie Ten Boom was such a lovely lady! Thinking about her brings a smile to my face. She and her family rescued many Jews during the Holocaust. The price for this was the Concentration Camp. Her father was killed. Some of you may remember the book (and movie) "The Hiding Place." If Corrie were still here, I'd love to personally thank her. I'm sure you who know of her feel the same.

There are many wonderful quotes by her.  Here are a few I'd like to share with you. Enjoy.:)

1. It is not my ability, but my response to God’s ability, that counts.-Corrie Ten Boom
  2. You may never know that JESUS is all you need, until JESUS is all you have.-Corrie Ten Boom
  3. 325045392_quotecorrietenboomphotoworry.jpg.791da89993ffb69e4aed8acfeca04b6e.jpg

422308680_quotecorrieifyoulookatworld.jpg.a0cae0e586400b9d732cd9ad2a0c46e5.jpg :amen:dear sister :emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

@BeauJangles This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing .

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

I must say, I've been encouraged, uplifted and strengthened by everyone here at worthy, to those who listed there names,and to those who are quietly praying and uplifting me and my family. A special thank you to each of you, you all are important and I appreciate you all.

I also have so many preachers and teachers to be thankful for, over the many years God used many TV preachers to bring a word so many times when we needed it. As my husband layed in the hospital one day a preacher came on tv and began teaching that God is our strength and stronghold, oh how we needed to hear that at that moment. I was sent a book by a tv minister along with a personal letter that they felt lead to do this. I needed that because of what I was going though at that time. I was in a prayer line once and the minister made someone go get a book and gave it to be because of what was going on in my life. I was sitting in a garage once and a older lady came to me with a encouraging word then just left. God always knows what we need.Their are truly so many people from those in the local church, to family friends and strangers I am thankful for,really only God knows the countless times people have uplifted us and we them. I believe we will know this heaven... 

A special thank you to all of you here, really I mean that, each of you do a lot more then you may realize and I for one want to say I appreciate you, may God bless each of you ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sonshine said:

60D63FB1-FBF1-4DA1-8BFD-D3B1E5B6B1C8.gif.b6a6f0d822546aaaf7fcd4bbd208fea0.gif
      Amen, Joni. :emot-heartbeat:

She is also an inspiration to us!

• Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, turtletwo said:

This thread is both to glorify God and encourage one another. These are not mutually exclusive. One does not negate the other. 

When believers become aware that something they said or wrote helped a person, it gladdens their heart and strengthens their faith. They rejoice that a good outcome came of it.

They in turn give the praise back to God that the seed which they planted has blossomed. It is not as a way to seek recognition. They are satisfied simply to be a vessel used by God.

But it is nonetheless uplifting to them when someone communicates that they've blessed them by what they've posted. I believe this is the reason George has the reaction icons here. :)

1 Corinthians 16:17-19 

17 I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied.

18 For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge them that are such.

Acknowledge them. Paul told them to do this... We can see that edifying in this manner was a regular practice in the early church. So there is a biblical precedent for it.

"Thus Joseph, who was also called by the apostles Barnabas (which means son of encouragement)"...  In Acts 4:36 we see Barnabas was being given credit in that he was recognized (for his encouraging ways) by his very name  they gave him.:)

When you use a quote, poem, etc. you are told to credit the writer. I mentioned this because it is actually the law. It is for clarification purposes so you don't lead people to think you were the one who wrote it. I underlined the "famous quotes" above because you can see how this could cause plagiarism.

I hope we can use this Nuggets Of Hope thread to lift up the name of Jesus and encourage each other through quotes, poems and stories. Be blessed, Worthy family.

:group-hug:

Absolutely dear friend, I agree with you. We do give all glory to God and we are to encourage each other.

The bible says ( Let not then your good be evil spoken of) I believe this is good and I  pray all will understand why you began this thread and can truly say thank you for helping us to give God glory and praise and be an encouragement to others. Thank you

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1