turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

Zola Levitt is the first Messianic Jewish teacher I became aware of.

Back when I was just a teenager... a long time ago. lol :D

Zola Levitt quote-

“Understanding Jesus as a sacrificial lamb, in effect, is to understand the very heart of Christianity. All of His magnificent sermons, all of His miracles and the sum total of His wonderful teachings taken together would not save the best of His disciples (Peter actually denied Him when the chips were down, after having witnessed all these things). But His blood saves us all. His sacrifice pays off our debts to God in full. Acting like Jesus won’t get you salvation. Emulating His moral character, His unique way of doing things or His high principles will make you a better human being, to the degree that you are able to mimic Jesus. But it is His blood that cleanses, and that’s all. That’s the simple difference between genuine Christianity and a great deal of religion that merely goes by the name of Christianity. In the simplest terms, our realization that we need to be cleansed and our going directly to Him for that cleansing results in our salvation. Passover is a living picture of how salvation is properly obtained, as we shall see.” 
― Zola Levitt, The Miracle of Passover

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

14 hours ago, Revlori said:

Absolutely dear friend, I agree with you. We do give all glory to God and we are to encourage each other.

The bible says ( Let not then your good be evil spoken of) I believe this is good and I  pray all will understand why you began this thread and can truly say thank you for helping us to give God glory and praise and be an encouragement to others. Thank you

@Revlori Thank you for understanding, sister. And for this helpful post. May God richly bless you.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  33

I can’t really think of any specific names who I can pin point, as I find that my best encourager is the Lord Jesus and how He has revealed so many things to me in the last year and I have got to know  Jesus so much better. All this since my mother went to Heaven last October 2018.

I suppose, now mother is with Jesus and I look back on her life. All the things she did in her life, and all the funny sayings she had. I’d say probably my mother.

She used to say she felt like Job in the bible, because her whole life was such a struggle and I was always reminded what a handful I was as a child. Hehe.

I admire the fact she has completed her journey in this life. She has finished the race. She has fought the good fight, and she is now with Jesus and is Home.

God bless,

Becky.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, turtletwo said:

Zola Levitt is the first Messianic Jewish teacher I became aware of.

Back when I was just a teenager... a long time ago. lol :D

Zola Levitt quote-

“Understanding Jesus as a sacrificial lamb, in effect, is to understand the very heart of Christianity. All of His magnificent sermons, all of His miracles and the sum total of His wonderful teachings taken together would not save the best of His disciples (Peter actually denied Him when the chips were down, after having witnessed all these things). But His blood saves us all. His sacrifice pays off our debts to God in full. Acting like Jesus won’t get you salvation. Emulating His moral character, His unique way of doing things or His high principles will make you a better human being, to the degree that you are able to mimic Jesus. But it is His blood that cleanses, and that’s all. That’s the simple difference between genuine Christianity and a great deal of religion that merely goes by the name of Christianity. In the simplest terms, our realization that we need to be cleansed and our going directly to Him for that cleansing results in our salvation. Passover is a living picture of how salvation is properly obtained, as we shall see.” 
― Zola Levitt, The Miracle of Passover

In the two years or so that I have been here, I have mentioned the name of Zola Levitt many times......now you can see why....Man, I LOVED that guy! I learned SO MUCH from him....Everybody here can benefit from his gifted teachings.....do yourselves a big favor and visit his site......just google his name.....navigate to his series, the same one I mentioned a few weeks ago... “ Go Tell It On The Mountain”....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi,

Zola was kind enough to speak at the independent Christian  school here at it's open house to the community which was a Jerusalem market experience. It was on a cold cold evening in December. He so enjoyed the idea that children were learning Hebrew at the school and had set up a Jerusalem market display, and were dressed in the attire of the time of our Lord's ministry. He also took time to speak at our local body of Christ on the subject "Whose Land is it?". He wore the whitest shirt any of us had ever seen. 

We played a little golf together as well. Lots of fun. We did not speak of anything but golf. It was his recreation, (and ours) not to be a private seminar.  We had a great time! Sandra and my wife of so  many years went antiquing while we played a round.

My second wife and I met via the Zolaboard. She had toured Israel with Zola on one of their group tours. Knowing Zola is a fine experience, and a super memory that lives on. But most of all the body of work that is Zola Levitt Ministries lives on, glorifying our Lord Jesus.

Lots of good Zola memories that live on.

Praise God for the enriching experience.

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:19 AM, turtletwo said:

Here is a thread to build each other up in the faith.

Hi ya turtletwo!

I've noticed some trends with some of your timely posts that have me curious. Shortly after our structured Sunday School lessons; right after that Sunday School lesson, you seem to make a post on that exact same theme and subject? It's either one big coincidence, or we're singing off the same sheet of music? In either case, it's wonderful and I love it!

The structured lessons I'm referring to is; the "LifeWay KJV Adults Personal Study Guide" we use. I'll predict the next thing you post will be about Session 2, Is there a God, page 28.  :D Maybe I should have made my prediction first, then let you wonder :D

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As most here, there's just too many to name, and for brevity I'll cite just one. But that one continually uplifts me, encourages me, humbles me and reduces me to tears, it is a hymn.

Let me preface the following by saying; I was a military man, a hardened man, seen and did many bad things in my life, I wanted to show no emotion or weakness. The only time in my adult life after entering the military, that I remember crying, was at the loss of my mother and my father. I hardened my heart from those things that would or could hurt my feelings and bring out a side of me I didn't want exposed. Tough guys don't cry. 

I'll skip the gallons of tears I shed when the Holy Spirit made me see it His way; and I repented, confessed and asked the Lord into my life. It was very shortly thereafter when I started attending my nearby local Baptist Church the Lord led me to, most likely the first or second service I attended. We were asked to stand as we sang:

"It's well with my soul". 

Here is a former hardened man not yet through the first stanza, balling like a little baby, tears dripping onto the floor, snot spewing out, can't focus on the words or to sing; very embarrassed and thinking of walking out in shame. I did the best to compose myself before the hymn was over, I didn't want to look around and see if I was the focus of unwanted attention and embarrassment. 

I was so deeply touched and uplifted by that hymn, I needed to know everything about that hymn and its author and composer. Well. I got a good dose of it, and I couldn't hardly read it through all of my tears on how that hymn came to be. I'll end by saying, so much for the tough guy. Three years ago, I would have never dreamed I'd be writing something like this. I was so self sufficient and 'needed' no one, I'll make my own way. The Lord is good, if He melted my heart of stone into butter, and loves me so much He died for me, nothing is impossible for Him. Praise the Lord God, my God, and my Lord and Savior. 

To Him I give all honor, praise and glory.

Edited by Dennis1209
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

But most of all the body of work that is Zola Levitt Ministries lives on, glorifying our Lord Jesus.

@Neighbor 

:amen:Glorifying Jesus is what we were created for

and it is all that will matter in the end.

13 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Lots of good Zola memories that live on.

Praise God for the enriching experience.

:)Thanks for participating in "Nuggets Of Hope" and sharing your personal story about a brother in Christ who was a blessing in your life.

Edited by turtletwo
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

In the two years or so that I have been here, I have mentioned the name of Zola Levitt many times......now you can see why....Man, I LOVED that guy! I learned SO MUCH from him....Everybody here can benefit from his gifted teachings.....do yourselves a big favor and visit his site......just google his name.....navigate to his series, the same one I mentioned a few weeks ago... “ Go Tell It On The Mountain”....

@Blood Bought 1953 Thanks for the recommendation on this series... I will check it out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

I find that my best encourager is the Lord Jesus

@marvelloustime :amen:Absolutely! Nobody even comes close to Him.

19 hours ago, marvelloustime said:

I’d say probably my mother.

:emot-nod: I can relate. Our mothers left a profound impact on our lives. 

I'd like to share a poem I wrote in honor of mine on 5-12-19.

This poem is a tribute to my beloved mother who died on February 27th.

My Mother's Legacy

First mother's Day without my mom

Is rather sad and hard

This year I can not call her up 

Or even send a card

There's so much love inside of me

I feel I must address it

And so for me to write a poem

Is one way to express it

My mother was the kindest soul

She loved to give and share

So sensitive to everyone