• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Jubilea said:

Such encouraging words to those of us in the process. Obviously, you have walked/are walking this path.

In so many ways it feels like dying, and at times I have wondered if I was approaching my time to pass over literally. For me, crucifying the flesh has happened in bits and pieces, but now the Light will hit larger chunks that just fall away-- and the Spirit moves me as I write this-- chunks that are closer to the bone, closer to the heart. It can be disorienting until I re-find my balance in His Spirit.

I'm reminded of a line from the old hymn Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, "and the things of earth will grow strangely dim." And oh, how very dim they have grown! Except for His purpose, there seems to be no reason for me remaining here-- but that is enough.

I’m glad my writings can encourage another heart towards Christ. It is a awesome thing to hear. It does bless my heart so, thanks for saying so.

Yes, Lord willing, I am on my course, and as each and every day goes by, as long as I have breath, Christ can be formed in me to a greater degree.

As I too can tell from your writings, you are on your course also. Through all the pain of dying to our own wills, the joy that will be revealed in us will wash away all to the contrary....As is true with all that call on His name, out of a heart that would be His. 

Be blessed as He makes Himself more real to us as we yield to Him, Not me 

3 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

~~~~~I was brought to the end of the trial but instead of perishing I found myself renewed and refreshed! Yes, it's a process. ~~~~~~

It brought joy to my heart to read this. Be so blessed in Him, as He magnifies Himself in you, in your innermost being, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Cletus said:

God put that song ever be on my heart a while back.  I like the lyrics:

Your kindness makes us whole
And you shoulder our weakness
And your strength becomes our own
Now you're making me like you
Clothing me in white
Bringing beauty from ashes

I tell you i have been seeing God bless me so tough here lately.  i needed something at work... didnt even know what the technical name was.  a water heater went out.  plumbers came to replace it and there was a big box of exactly what i needed in the same closet as the water heater... the plumbers set it right in front of my desk.  i spent a good 30 seconds loling and just thanking and prasing God when i realized what was in the box.  Another thing i needed... this is a true story... i was looking in my tool box in a hurry to find a tool for a whole different job.  the tool flipped out the exact thing i needed from the tool box, brand new in a bag, right into my arms.  i didnt even know it was in there.  I see Him thru me living and blessing others.   i am really astonished how much help i get in my job, in me as being able to bear up under all the busyness and stress.  everything i need is right there, right on time.  His time is better than a clock.  I have even given up on keeping a schedule or having a plan as my job keeps me on my toes and my whole plan is wrecked in 15 minutes.  but He is there and provides every thing i need.  everything.  a tool.  an attitude.  a right attitude i should say.  words to say.  it is so awesome having Him live in and thru you.  there is no way i could do all of this.  only God. 

It is a wonderful thing to see God in our lives. It is also a wonderful thing to see someone else see God in their lives.

Be blessed for sharing your seeing, Not me 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

13 hours ago, Cletus said:

I tell you i have been seeing God bless me so tough here lately.  i needed something at work... didnt even know what the technical name was.  a water heater went out.  plumbers came to replace it and there was a big box of exactly what i needed in the same closet as the water heater... the plumbers set it right in front of my desk.  i spent a good 30 seconds loling and just thanking and prasing God when i realized what was in the box.  Another thing i needed... this is a true story... i was looking in my tool box in a hurry to find a tool for a whole different job.  the tool flipped out the exact thing i needed from the tool box, brand new in a bag, right into my arms.  i didnt even know it was in there.  I see Him thru me living and blessing others.   i am really astonished how much help i get in my job, in me as being able to bear up under all the busyness and stress.  everything i need is right there, right on time.  His time is better than a clock.  I have even given up on keeping a schedule or having a plan as my job keeps me on my toes and my whole plan is wrecked in 15 minutes.  but He is there and provides every thing i need.  everything.  a tool.  an attitude.  a right attitude i should say.  words to say.  it is so awesome having Him live in and thru you.  there is no way i could do all of this.  only God. 

I love this, @Cletus! It is amazing to me how God helps us in very practical ways. I can't tell you how many times I have needed something and God has orchestrated my steps to lead me right to where it is and caused my eyes to land on it! Oh, if we could walk with the Lord in simplicity and trust how much more He could do for us!

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

22 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I no longer try to run my own life or keep a schedule... i ask, what are we going to do today?

My best days are spent this way, but I'm not consistent in it yet. I still struggle with having the right perpective on all the daily earthly necessities/chores. 1 Corinthians 10:31, "whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God," is my aim. I want my mind to be renewed on this matter so I can view every activity as consecrated to the Lord rather than seeing them divided into either spiritual or earthly. 

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Exactly!

Before I came to Jesus I was very self-sufficient and had built a successful business as a General Contractor (I always carried $500 cash in my pocket), ...then I came to Jesus and my life changed, ...during the 5 years before I came here He told me to close my business and go to work for an hourly wage, then He moved me to Nevada in the winter time and I couldn't frame houses in 3 feet of snow, so I had to rely on Him to find me work doing things outside of my trade, all in preparation for sending me here, ...in Tahiti most of the construction is of concrete block, never worked with concrete blocks, so again, even more, I needed Him to supply my daily needs, ...He is faithful and it's true, ...the righteous will never have to beg for bread, ...but some of my meals were a baguette with butter and fish I caught in the lagoon for dinner, there were times I didn't have a place to lay my head and slept on a bench in the employee's lunch room where I was employed as a maintenance man (far cry from the ten acres I owned in California),  I walked or rode "the Truck" for transportation (I drove a new 4x4 Ford 3/4 ton pickup back in the States), when the Dengue fever struck me down, He was my Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals me, when I couldn't afford medical attention, ...there is so much more, but the point of all this was to bring me to the end of my "self" and let my Gracious Heavenly Father take care of me, He "opened" my eyes and I came to the realization I was no longer "responsible" for myself, ..."He" was responsible for me and my well being, I needed to unconditionally surrender to Him and let Him lead and guide my life.

When I relinquished all authority in/of my life to the Holy Spirit living inside of me, ...allowing Him to guide, direct and lead my life, ...things drastically changed for me, this Psalm has been for many years and is today, ...a/the reality in/of my life:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.  Psa 23:1-6

Lord bless

• Loved it! 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

@JustPassingThrough

Thanks for sharing a bit about how God has led and orchestrated your life. Was a blessing to read. This absolute dependence on God that is the ticket for growth,  once seen, and given to, has such a capacity for growth in Him that far out weighs all to the contrary. 

Be most blessed as He continues to grow in you and all that are willing. 

In Christ, Not me 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

@Not me  Dear brother, from reading your posts, ...I know, that you know and have experienced, the same thing I have written about, ...I hope what Father has brought me through, ...will help someone today that is struggling in their faith, ...we are living in the time of so much deception and false teaching in the Church, ...I hope my experience with my Jesus will help them to understand:

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever!

Lord bless

@DustyRoad   You too dear brother, for the short amount of time you have been "in Christ" you show a maturity and wisdom far beyond some that have known Christ for decades, ...you have stepped out of the boat at Jesus' command to "Come," ...just keep your eyes on Jesus and don't look at the storm, ...you are in my prayers and if you ever need to talk, ...PM me.

Lord bless

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

..I hope my experience with my Jesus will help them to understand:

Thank you for such kind and encouraging words.

This says it all here;

“experience with my Jesus”

This is Christianity. This is what we are all called to, this personal relationship with Him, so we might know (experience) Him and know that He knows us.... To the end He might be read in us by all men. 

Be most blessed as God continues to orchestrate the lives that have been given to Him. 

In Christ, Not me 

@DustyRoad

I too bear witness to the light and life I read in your posts. Be most blessed as you, me, we all that would be His, give ourselves continually to the One who died to give us such a great and awesome salvation. Which is;

“Christ in us, our Hope of Glory”

In Christ, Not me 

• Praise God! 1