Revlori

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

It may or may not be Biblical, but to me , God is like a Best Friend That is a LOT smarter than me..... 

I love Him a lot......He loves me immeasurably .....If you knew me , all you could say is “ AMAZING” Grace......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

10 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

It may or may not be Biblical, but to me , God is like a Best Friend That is a LOT smarter than me..... 

Yes, He is. And also this. 

and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. King James Version (KJV) Proverbs 18:24

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Yes, He is. And also this. 

and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother. King James Version (KJV) Proverbs 18:24

Just though of this one....to paraphrase .....talking to His Disciples, Jesus Said..... “ Formerly, I called you my students, now I will call you “ my friends”.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Just though of this one....to paraphrase .....talking to His Disciples, Jesus Said..... “ Formerly, I called you my students, now I will call you “ my friends”.....

John 15:15 Yes, bro. Exactly. That scripture did come to mind. The reason it was submitted was at times when expressing my feelings of friendship abandonment, someone always referred me to Proverbs 18:24. This was some years prior to becoming a member at Worthy. I no longer feel friendless anymore.

:emot-heartbeat: Worthy:group-hug:Friends :emot-heartbeat:

1567257109_kittyheart.png.970cad91534d9e1e4beea96a9609952f.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,458
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/5/2019 at 12:01 PM, Revlori said:

What comes into your mind when you think about God?

How infinitesimally small I am as an individual in the grand scheme of creation, genealogy, great men of God, the universe, eternity and Heaven. How far I am from being Holy I can't begin to phantom. My finite limitations of knowledge and wisdom compared with God's omniscience. God is love. While yet we were sinners, Christ died for us; the self sacrifice He did for us so we could be with Him as a child of God [can we fully understand that?]

The worst words, the most frighting words ever written and spoken, the eternal words of damnation; Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think of our once great nation blessed by God. Now openly and legislatively mocking His commandments and moral laws, shaking our fists at Him, kicking Him out of every aspect of our government, schools and lives. Our national overdue judgment by a patient and long suffering Lord. I think about the fate of the; left, liberals, atheists, God-haters; their fate and role in where we are as a nation today. A large segment of the population being turned over to a debased mind, and the lusts of their own flesh, getting what they want and demand. 

What should come immediately to my mind, is the only attribute of God that is repeated three times for emphasis in scripture, in two different places:

Isaiah 6:3 (KJV) And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Revelation 4:8 (KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Great post Revlori!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

KING!

And I humbly kneel before Him.................

And say................... THANK YOU for loving me, unconditionally. For I am the least worthy in your Kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

How infinitesimally small I am as an individual in the grand scheme of creation, genealogy, great men of God, the universe, eternity and Heaven. How far I am from being Holy I can't begin to phantom. My finite limitations of knowledge and wisdom compared with God's omniscience. God is love. While yet we were sinners, Christ died for us; the self sacrifice He did for us so we could be with Him as a child of God [can we fully understand that?]

The worst words, the most frighting words ever written and spoken, the eternal words of damnation; Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I think of our once great nation blessed by God. Now openly and legislatively mocking His commandments and moral laws, shaking our fists at Him, kicking Him out of every aspect of our government, schools and lives. Our national overdue judgment by a patient and long suffering Lord. I think about the fate of the; left, liberals, atheists, God-haters; their fate and role in where we are as a nation today. A large segment of the population being turned over to a debased mind, and the lusts of their own flesh, getting what they want and demand. 

What should come immediately to my mind, is the only attribute of God that is repeated three times for emphasis in scripture, in two different places:

Isaiah 6:3 (KJV) And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

Revelation 4:8 (KJV) And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Great post Revlori!

How true and wonderful is your answer. Yet how scary and sad it is as well. For if each one would reflect upon that verse (Matthew 7:23 (KJV) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.) I wonder if the church would become more like Christ and if society as a whole would change?

I often look at this same view for myself and wonder as the psalm says: What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? With this I personally can answer the question (While yet we were sinners, Christ died for us; the self sacrifice He did for us so we could be with Him as a child of God [can we fully understand that?]) No, but to our limited knowledge, we are full of gratitude for this amazing gift.

And so true is our Great God, Holy, Holy, Holy....what an amazing God we serve.....

God bless ?

• Loved it! 1

53 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

KING!

And I humbly kneel before Him.................

And say................... THANK YOU for loving me, unconditionally. For I am the least worthy in your Kingdom.

Wonderful answer my friend, and might I add, I'm right beside you!

God bless ?

15 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I love Him a lot......He loves me immeasurably .....If you knew me , all you could say is “ AMAZING” Grace......

Wonderful answer my friend,and yes it is biblical. Christ is our everything, including our best friend that sticks closer then a brother....and I believe that you are not the only one, for all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. We can all be added to that and say for sure the same, Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me...

God bless ?

• Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 12/5/2019 at 12:01 PM, Revlori said:

What comes into your mind when you think about God?

Mercy and Grace. They are both wonderful.

2092392307_wagessindeathwithheelfiregiftofGodeternallifeHeaventhruawindow.jpg.617732c9680fd8068ab69478f64b1ea2.jpg

"For the wages of sin is death;

but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Mercy is not getting what we DO deserve...

"For the wages of sin are death."

Grace is getting what we DON'T deserve...

"But the grace of God is eternal life."

Ephesians 2:8-9

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God (Ephesians 2:8-9)

74684346_quotemercyandgracemaxlucado.jpg.038dee899fedf96a1d08902959153e44.jpg

• Praise God! 1