• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

How long has this behaviour been going on? It is often assumed that only one person, of a couple, develops dementia or similar at a time. But it can happen to both during the same timeframe.

I am not suggesting you are assuming anything, I am making a general point.

There could also be undiagnosed mental or physical health issues, for either or both, which are not getting picked up.

For some years now, they began to slowly slip into heated arugements,      ( things that seemed to be dealt with easily long ago are now an explosion of uncontrolled fits of rage) the quarrels began to get more intense as time pasted. 

I am in agreement that their could be something definitely wrong that hasn't been detected, the puzzling part is that both are responding to each other in ways that are completely out of character for them. I understand ( even though this is not right) people will react to another with great anger in retaliation when being attacked by another. I am not referring to self defense, which one must do if at all possible to escape the abuser. Both seem to have a continued negative destructive pattern toward each other, for minor reasons. 

I am praying, as well as asking all of you to pray for them and for me. As I will be taking with another person today, I'm asking God for his divine direction for what he will have me do. I will be discussing a possible new plan of action to help them, if God wiling, I might be used to finally break through this barrier and lead them to others for the proper help. I believe, with a heavy heart, I must step back to the side lines.

I have placed them in the prayer request section, please continue to pray for us all. Thank you and to all of you for reaching out with great advice and loving direction. May God reward each of you for your faithfulness to his service.

God bless ?