• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

THE BALANCE OF JUSTICE

Pr 17:15 Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent— the LORD detests them both.

While the ordinary Christian is generally only involved to a very limited degree with the justice system of whatever particular country they abide, the Lord is concerned for issues of justice. In fact this is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD. Jer 9:23,24 The Lord is not only concerned for issues of justice. He involves himself in such matters.

Now there are some who would argue that the guilty should be punished, even at the cost of some innocent being condemned. And there are others who would argue that the innocent should be acquitted even at the cost of acquitting some of those guilty. Both arguments should be weighed equally. God is equally concerned that the guilty not be acquitted as he is that the innocent not be condemned. The Lord detest corrupting justice to either degree.

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources