• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

Friday 12-6-19, Kislev 9, 5780 6th. day of the weekly cycle, 75th. Fall day,

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. The name of Yahweh is a strong tower: the righteous run to him, and are safe. A tower of strength is the name of Jehovah, Into it the righteous runneth, and is set on high.
Proverbs Eighteen:10

Related scriptures: The name of the LORD is a strong tower:

What about the name "Yahweh" ? If interested

One of the Greek writers was Clement of Alexandria a Greek-speaking teacher in the early New Testament period (150-211 CE). He declared. "The mystic name which is called the tetragrammaton … is pronounced Iaoue, which means, who is, and who shall be" ("How to pronounce YHWH, " Biblical Archaeology Review magazine, September/October 1994).

Most scholar and theologians today claim that the name of God must be pronounced as "Yahweh".

Exact Pronunciation a Matter of Controversy
The exact pronunciation of the original name of God known as the Tetragrammaton (YHVH) is not known today, because the Jews who are the keepers of the oracles of God have varying opinions.

Many scholars say it should be “Yahweh,” others “Yahveh” or “Yabeh,” still others “Yahuah,” and Nehemia Gordon of the Karaite Jews says it is “Yehovah.” What a constellation of opinions! Who is right? Who can “prove” their pronunciation is the most accurate?

Is God really so concerned about technicalities when He leaves the evidence so foggy and controversial? Rather, as Micah the prophet puts it, “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” (Micah 6:8)

Jehovah definition, a name of God in the Old Testament, a rendering of the ineffable name, JHVH, in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Definition of Jehovah | Dictionary.com

Audio: What about the name Jehovah ?

Exodus 3:15 2 Samuel 22:3 but what are your thoughts on the OP ? and He has a name.

I believe:
Acts 4:10-12 King James Version (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

I also believe: Yehovah - The Eternal - God of the Old Testament - God of Israel.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.

“Yahweh,”?

“Yahveh”?

“Yabeh,”?

“Yahuah,”?

“Yehovah.”?

"Father"

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  2,231
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,356
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

17 hours ago, Sower said:

“Yahweh,”?

“Yahveh”?

“Yabeh,”?

“Yahuah,”?

“Yehovah.”?

"Father"

Amen, Yehovah is from a Hollow Root. Yehovah comes from the same root as Ehyeh: the hollow root HYH. Yehovah is actually a combination of three verb-forms: Hayah "he was", Hoveh "he is", and Yih'yeh "he is now and will continue to be in the future". Together Hayah, Hoveh, and Yih'yeh combine into the name Yehovah.

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18

Yahweh : I am that I am. In simple language , it means that I am always good, I am always faithful  I am always merciful.,I am always love .I am the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.  Yahweh is not like Allah, the god of the Muslim. Allah can choose to be merciful and He can choose not to be merciful. Allah only loves those who loves him but the unbeliver he loves not.

What a faithful God we serve. There is no one like him. 

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • This is Worthy 1

Just now, Worship Warriors said:

Yahweh : I am that I am. In simple language , it means that I am always good, I am always faithful  I am always merciful.,I am always love .I am the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.  Yahweh is not like Allah, the god of the Muslim. Allah can choose to be merciful and He can choose net to be merciful. Allah only loves those who loves him but the unbeliver he loves not.

What a faithful God we serve. There is no one like him. .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

How accurately believers pronounce His Holy Name isn't half as important as how well we know Him and faithfully do what He says.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Speks said:

How accurately believers pronounce His Holy Name isn't half as important as how well we know Him and faithfully do what He says.

Yes,  those that know His name will put their trust in Him.(psalm 9:10)

Edited by Worship Warriors