JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

The Holy Spirit anticipated this very dilemma in people's beliefs.

Galatians 4:21–31 (AV)
21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?
22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
24 Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

And the land grants are only for the PHYSICAL Jews.

Our "land" is heaven itself.

Unbelieving Jews are the chosen / elect of this world.

Believers in the Jewish Messiah are the chosen / elect of heaven.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/12/1986

17 hours ago, BibleGuy said:

Hi there!

Lots of great points in there!

I'd thought I'd chat about something, though:  The LAND-PROMISE.

So let's see here....you wrote this: "Land is not a part of the new covenant ."

However, in the New Covenant, we all obey TORAH (Jer.31:33)....

AND!

We all obey Torah when we return to inherit the land promised to us (Dt.30:1-8).

This confirms that the LAND-PROMISE is linked to the NEW COVENANT.

Again, Paul affirms that all believers SHARE IN THE INHERITANCE (Gal.3:29).....that's the same LAND INHERITANCE promised to Abraham.

Jesus agrees that His disciples will inherit the promised land (Mt.5:5).

So, I just wanted to encourage you to realize that we DO share in the land promised to us, as Israelites in Christ.

".spiritual people inherit a spiritual or heavenly land the unseen."

TORAH is spiritual (Rom.7:14).  TORAH promises a PHYSICAL LAND INHERITANCE (Dt.30:1-8).  So the "spiritual or physical" is a false dichotomy.....we share in BOTH!

We have PHYSICAL bodies too....and Abraham WILL inherit the PHYSICAL land promised to him......otherwise God was a liar.

ALL of us Israelites will inherit the PHYSICAL land promised to us....otherwise God was a liar.

After all, Dt. 30:1-8 is yet FUTURE.  It has NOT yet happened.  And it WILL happen...otherwise Moses is a false prophet.  Thus, we WILL again return to inherit the land and again obey 100% of all Torah (Dt. 30:1-8).

And, since this same Torah passes into the NEW Covenant (Jer.31:33).....that's the link between New Covenant and the LAND!  We will obey 100% of ALL Torah (Jer.31:33) WHEN we return to inherit the land promised to us (Dt.30:1-8).

" Jesus said his kingdom is not of this world. "

That's because Jesus has not yet returned to this PHYSICAL WORLD to set up His kingdom....but He will!  And He will rule the nations of this PHYSICAL WORLD (Ps.2:8-9).

Jesus will return to rule Israel IN THE PHYSICAL LAND (Jer.23:5).

Jesus will return to restore the animal sacrifices IN THE PHYSICAL TEMPLE (Mal.3:4;Zec.6;Eze.40-47).

"their is no distinction between Jews and gentiles anymore"

Rather, Paul is STILL A JEW (not a Gentile).  Ac.21:39.  Ac. 22:3.

"we're Israel if we believe in him "

Yes!  That's right!

And Israelites obey TORAH (Mal.4:4).

Israelites inherit the PROMISED PHYSICAL LAND (Dt.30:1-8;Eze.36:24;Eze.37:12-14,21-22,25).

Jesus will come to fulfill the Davidic Covenant, which includes restoration of LEVITICAL SACRIFICIAL ACTIVITY (Jer.33:18-22)....that's PHYSICAL activity in the PHYSICAL TEMPLE in the PHYSICAL LAND.

THIS is our great inheritance in the PHYSICAL land promised to us and our descendants!

"I read that Judaism was made obsolete at the destruction of the temple."

BIBLICAL Christianity IS a Judaism (Ac.24:5,14;28:22)....and it's not obsolete.

"because its impossible to still observe the old testament religion after the temple was destroyed "

Don't worry!  WE will again obey 100% of all Torah, WHEN we return to inherit the PHYSICAL land promised to us as Israelites (Dt.30:1-8).

But, we are still in diaspora (as in Jas.1:1)....so, we do what we can....

"The flesh cannot glory in decendence"

Exactly!

blessings....

Hi my friend I thought your message deserves more time than what I had yesterday.

So I divided to look up some verses etc its helps me to study and grow so I hope its helpful to you too

Mathew 5:5 says" the meek shall Inherit the earth " 

Jeremiah 31:33says this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time declares the lord  I will put my law in their minds and wright it on their hearts I will be their God and they will be my people

Jesus Christ is the true Israel all who believe in him are the Israel of God and the new covenant is that God put his law in our minds and writes it on our hearts when we have faith in the Messiah Jesus and the holy spirit comes and lives in us .

I was reading Hebrews this morning I came across this verse 

Hebrews 12:22 but you have come to mount Zion  to the heavenly Jerusalem the city of the living God

Hebrews 11:13 all these people  were still living by faith when they died  they did not receive the things promised ;they only saw them and welcomed them from afar off they admitted that they were  aliens and strangers on earth .people who say such things  show that they are looking for a country of their own .if they had been thinking of a country  they had left they would of had opportunity to  return.instead they were longing for a better country ---an heavenly one .therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God for he has prepared a city for them . 

I hope these verses are interesting to you thanks all I can share for now I will have to take time to wright down the other verses and read them I dont often take verses separately but whole books or chapters .

The Israelites did not stay in the land because if disobedience they broke the covenant so Jesus came to fulfill it the law on behalf of the people of God ,die as the testator of the covenant and bring in the  new and everlasting covenant where all people of the world can  can be saved.

I'll wright down the verses later I was reading some things this morning and took notes but I have them in my flat at the moment ..I hope you have a lovely day .

??

Yes biblical Christianity is biblical Judaism. Amen.

We are the temple of the living god we are living stones Jesus is the chief corner stone.

We offer the sacrifices of praise

we are living sacrifices.

Theses were just some verses that came to mind .they're are in the new testament sorry I don't learn the verses often . I mainly listen to the bible. OK my friend thank you .I have enjoyed looking up some things that your message made me think about .may Jesus bless you  

This also came to mind ...... As I was thinking about what you wrote " the kingdom of heaven is within  you "Christ is ruling already he is ruling his people from thief new hearts and new spirits we revived when we believed in him as our saviour and king. 

Edited by Christdiedforoursins
Add to the content

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  777
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Christdiedforoursins said:

Hi my friend I thought your message deserves more time than what I had yesterday.

So I divided to look up some verses etc its helps me to study and grow so I hope its helpful to you too

Mathew 5:5 says" the meek shall Inherit the earth " 

Jeremiah 31:33says this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time declares the lord  I will put my law in their minds and wright it on their hearts I will be their God and they will be my people

Jesus Christ is the true Israel all who believe in him are the Israel of God and the new covenant is that God put his law in our minds and writes it on our hearts when we have faith in the Messiah Jesus and the holy spirit comes and lives in us .

I was reading Hebrews this morning I came across this verse 

Hebrews 12:22 but you have come to mount Zion  to the heavenly Jerusalem the city of the living God

Hebrews 11:13 all these people  were still living by faith when they died  they did not receive the things promised ;they only saw them and welcomed them from afar off they admitted that they were  aliens and strangers on earth .people who say such things  show that they are looking for a country of their own .if they had been thinking of a country  they had left they would of had opportunity to  return.instead they were longing for a better country ---an heavenly one .therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God for he has prepared a city for them . 

I hope these verses are interesting to you thanks all I can share for now I will have to take time to wright down the other verses and read them I dont often take verses separately but whole books or chapters .

The Israelites did not stay in the land because if disobedience they broke the covenant so Jesus came to fulfill it the law on behalf of the people of God ,die as the testator of the covenant and bring in the  new and everlasting covenant where all people of the world can  can be saved.

I'll wright down the verses later I was reading some things this morning and took notes but I have them in my flat at the moment ..I hope you have a lovely day .

??

Yes biblical Christianity is biblical Judaism. Amen.

We are the temple of the living god we are living stones Jesus is the chief corner stone.

We offer the sacrifices of praise

we are living sacrifices.

Theses were just some verses that came to mind .they're are in the new testament sorry I don't learn the verses often . I mainly listen to the bible. OK my friend thank you .I have enjoyed looking up some things that your message made me think about .may Jesus bless you  

This also came to mind ...... As I was thinking about what you wrote " the kingdom of heaven is within  you "Christ is ruling already he is ruling his people from thief new hearts and new spirits we revived when we believed in him as our saviour and king. 

Lots of excellent points.....it's great to see the Lord at work in your heart!

blessings...

• Loved it! 1