• Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

He got them both right with no problem—not even a teeny hesitation.:P

I guess I hang out with the brain dead :D

Question #1. I get the answer of "milk", cows drink water.

Question #2. I get the answer as "stop", instead of go.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17

3 minutes ago, Sonshine said:

I would’ve failed it. :b:

Anyway, I'll just speak about myself personally. Going into a study or a lot of other things with a preconceived notion or idea hinders understanding and communication.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

The first to sin was satan .   

Perfect in beauty He was , perfect gifts he was given , perfect wisdom and knowledge he was given .

And his sin was not in the gifts , for the gifts were perfect . THE SIN was in HIS BECOMING enamored WITH those gifts and SEEING HIMSELF as the big THANG .

AND this is the sin in many charamatic churches and many even today .

SATAN SINNED FIRST .     

Man was made perfect and upright too .  The sin was not in how man or satan was made  , nor the gifts they were given ,  the sin was in their own desire for all had free will .

Folks ,    let us remember we were made in the image of GOD ,  AND GOD desires preminence over all things .  FOR GOD to desire this , is RIGHTEOUS

but for the created to desire anything that exalts itself over GOD ,  IT IS EVIL .  ANd it was the down fall of satan .

Satan , like Copeland and scores of others ,    DESIRE THE TO beas GOD syndrome .    AND it wont end well for a one of them .

I was trying to determine which one sinned first Eve or Satan. But you may be right. It could have been Satan. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

To be beguiled [deceived, lied to] by someone, is it a sin? Whom beguiled Eve?

I say it was a watermelon. Show me in scripture it was an apple. :D

No, one today knows what kind of fruit it was. We today refer to it as an apple but may have been another fruit. 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

25 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

No, one today knows what kind of fruit it was. We today refer to it as an apple but may have been another fruit. 

Correct. In all seriousness and I can't prove it one way nor another, but based on a number of descriptions, content and layout of the Jewish tabernacle, I think the pomegranate might be a contender. Never ate one and I don't think I've ever seen one before. All speculation.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Question (1). Lucifer first sinned. He rebelled and sinned sometime before the creation of Adam and Eve. Satan [or the serpent] beguiled [deceived: deceiving is a sin] Eve, Eve's sin was not the first sin committed.

I am thinking that perhaps, assigning the name Lucifer to equate with Satan (while popular) might be a bit weak. Lucifer (the name) only occurs in one verse. The context of that verse seems to be addressed to the king of Babylon, and later in that chapter, he is referred to as a man.  Certainly, he was prideful, whoever he was, but I do not think you will find anyone in history, assuming that Lucifer was Satan before Jerome's translation sometime after 390 A.D. The idea was that he is called a light bearer in some translation (the name Lucifer having to do with light). Referred to also in some translations, as the morning star. Early on, that was thought to be the planet Venus. Check out the Hebrew some time, and see if that name occurs elsewhere in the Bible, and if it is a proper name, or has a definition.

We have since built up the idea that this passage in Isaiah, refers to Satan, but the evidence is pretty slim. There are other morning star references, not all referring to the same thing:

Isaiah 14:12 "How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations! (This is the Lucifer verse)

2 Peter 1:19 So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts.

Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together And all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."

Revelation 2:28  and I will give him the morning star.

and possibly this relates:

Numbers 24:17 "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near; A star shall come forth from Jacob, A scepter shall rise from Israel, And shall crush through the forehead of Moab, And tear down all the sons of Sheth.

This is outside the scope of the questions (that look like some sort of a trap, baiting for an agenda, lol), but I thought I would chime in and suggest that people not always assume everything they commonly hear from Christians, is necessarily well established in scripture. Carry on!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

4 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:
35 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Correct. In all seriousness and I can't prove it one way nor another, but based on a number of descriptions, content and layout of the Jewish tabernacle, I think the pomegranate might be a contender. Never ate one and I don't think I've ever seen one before. All speculation.

Or, it could just as easily be a fruit that does not exist on Earth today, some would suggest that it is a metaphor, and the aspect of it being fruit is not important, what is important was obeying the only law that God had made to that point, and thus mankind rebelled, sinned, and that lead to death (spiritual death - separation from God).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Let the LORD JESUS and ALL HIS SAYINGS be the APPLE OF OUR EYE .     NOW Hands up and praise the LORD .

ME thinks its :dance: time to dance unto and praise the LORD .

2 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Or, it could just as easily be a fruit that does not exist on Earth today, some would suggest that it is a metaphor, and the aspect of it being fruit is not important, what is important was obeying the only law that God had made to that point, and thus mankind rebelled, sinned, and that lead to death (spiritual death - separation from God).

I believe it was a literal fruit just as the Bible describes. But the Bible does not say it was an apple. 

2 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I like them and they are quite healthy.