IGNORED

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion ?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/04/1991

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion I checked out a book about the history of the Islamic religion am I wrong to want to read about it for education purpose even though I am a Christian any advice would be appreciated ?

Edited by Newsie4ever

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, Newsie4ever said:

Is it wrong to want to read about a different religion I checked out a book about the history of the Islamic religion am I wrong to want to read about it for education purpose even though I am a Christian any advice would be appreciated ?

Why would you want to read about another religion that does not hold Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior? I do not think a born again Christian would have that desire. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/04/1991

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

Why would you want to read about another religion that does not hold Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior? I do not think a born again Christian would have that desire. 

I just want to learn about different things for education purposes only that's all 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Perhaps not wrong, per say, but probably not terribly wise, if you ask me. If someone were strong in faith and could investigate without fear of confusion, sure, it could assist in being able to witness to members of another religion. If that strength were lacking and research would only serve to confuse them, then no, it doesn't do nobody much good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, Prodigal Son said:

I don't think you are wrong for wanting to learn about other religions. It's similar to learning the history of other people. I went to a Catholic school and they taught us about other religions I think so that we would be more tolerant and understanding of the people who follow them. There are priests and bishops that I like to listen to who know a lot about other religions and even incorporate their teachings into their sermons.

That sounds like the words Satan would whisper in your ear. You should only stay grounded on Jesus Christ. 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  238
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  11/16/1993

5 hours ago, Newsie4ever said:

2nd Corinthians 2 says we should not be ignorant of the Devil's ways and means. Just know that reading a spiritual book besides the Bible was authored by Satan. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

The ancient scribes of the Tanakh would often quote Sumarian stuff and insert Yahweh's name. They would also poke fun at the various pantheons. Check out David's almost word for work 'poke' at the Baal cycle.

If you do not know your enemy, you will not see it when it rears its ugly head. Like the x-mass stuff and the 'green tree' worship that goes back to Babylon, Ishtar and the celebration of Tammuz (Dec 25 th). It is all there in the Tanakh where the prophets rail against the priests for their secret abominations.

Our so-called Christian habits are steeped in pagan rites and mystical religions. A lot came from the RCC and its ideas of 'inclusion'. OH. Now where have I heard of all-inclusive ideas recently..?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I just want to learn about different things for education purposes only that's all 

And when you find out, you will not want to mix the Holy with profane and evil. It will become a lonely road since few believers know about God HATING mixtures. Mixing profane with holy is not the best way to follow the Lord.

• Well Said! 1