IGNORED

is planning our lives and future sinful?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I was talking to a friend who's also a believer and got on this topic.  Things like a job, school, what major to pursue, how many kids to have and what not. 

When we were talking I stated in the future, years from now maybe 3 or more I may want another child for my son, If I'm married and if not I considered adoption; all of this depending on my financial stability in the future of course. My friend thought it was a bit rash and impulsive to decide I wanted another child 3 yrs in the future  and said it was sinful and that deciding on how many kids you want say 2-3, basically having  a set number is sinful and that right way to go about it is to simply have sex (within marriage of course) and let the Lord decide how many kids you'll have. 

They still hold the mindset that even within marriage having a set number of how many kids you want is sinful as you're not letting the Lord plan it for you.  Fast fwd to today, I talked to them about working and a job and how it may be difficult for me bc I can only work set hours bc I only have one car yadda,yadda. We got on the topic of God and I said, I'm basically just going to apply to a slew of jobs and do what I usually do let ask God to close doors that aren't ment for me. My friend agreed this was good however said the devil can leave doors open as well even job wise... 

and it just seems like a lot of hoops to jump through. 

I do agree with what they're saying but it just makes me wonder where is free will in this and that God's will is almost down to the most minute things from picking out clothes to what to prepare for dinner. Idk, I get the gist of what they're saying but it seems a bit excessive. 

Long story short, TLDR; Is planning our lives from how many kids we'd like, job and career we want to pursue is that sinful just to plan ?

To me it seems not planning at all, not even talking about ids but important things like a job and career seems really reckless and irresponsible. 

Id ljust like to hear other thoughts.

We can plan all we want as Christians but God has a plan for us. Our lives may not turn out as we planned. It is best to give God control of our lives and put Him in the drivers seat. I learned years ago that life turns out alot better if that is what you do. 

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We can plan all we want as Christians but God has a plan for us. Our lives may not turn out as we planned. It is best to give God control of our lives and put Him in the drivers seat. I learned years ago that life turns out alot better if that is what you do. 

I get that but if we can't plan... Is the alternative to do nothing?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

Saw this somewhere........ “ Wanna make God laugh ? Tell Him your plans.....”

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

59 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I get that but if we can't plan... Is the alternative to do nothing?

Why do we want to plan our own life when God already has a plan for us? That comes with faith and trust and giving your life to God. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.95
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Saw this somewhere........ “ Wanna make God laugh ? Tell Him your plans.....”

He's bound to love it when I tell Him mine!

145639698_hahasmiley.gif.c016f1f96164c282fca509e46ee833d0.gif

40 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Why do we want to plan our own life when God already has a plan for us? That comes with faith and trust and giving your life to God. 

Because doing nothing day in and out is irresponsible. 

Like my situatiom for example. I have a child..  I need a job but it seems me planning to work and get a place for my baby and is " sinful" 

So do i just sit and do nothing?

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

2 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Because doing nothing day in and out is irresponsible. 

Like my situatiom for example. I have a child..  I need a job but it seems me planning to work and get a place for my baby and is " sinful" 

So do i just sit and do nothing?

not unless you want to live on the streets....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,868
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I don't think it is wise not to have a plan for your future....   but you should have God involved with making those plans.....   pray over it and ask for help.   

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,515
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  11

This is a huge subject, and there are no short-cut answers-- just know that. I think knowing God's will is an ongoing learning process.

God certainly expects you to take care of Sydney and to provide a place for him. Sometimes just looking at how God does things shows us what to do. God Himself worked creating a place for Adam and Eve (and us) to live. He even planted the garden for them, Genesis 2:8 In John 14:3 Jesus says that He is going to prepare a place for us in heaven, so it is fitting and right for you to work and to prepare a place for Sydney, too.

Proverbs 3: 5-6 tells us to "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." This passage indicates three things for us to do, and if we do those, God will direct our paths. We trust Him to do that. 

Just keep your heart ears open and your will flexible. Ask God to put His desires in your heart and direct you; and pray as you make any plans.

1 hour ago, other one said:

I don't think it is wise not to have a plan for your future....   but you should have God involved with making those plans.....   pray over it and ask for help.   

Exactly. Planning and planning ahead is something I do.  My friend made it seem like I couldnt plan at all or itd be sinful. 

But we do reap what we sow and if we do absolutely nothing then we get nothing.

• Thumbs Up 1