• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Neighbor,

I hear what you are saying. However we need to remember that we are not just a body and a spirit. There is more to us all and we are individuals. The `souls` under the altar, were without a body, but had a spirit. And more, for each were an individual, thus there is something about the soul that includes the spirit yet has our individual person about it. I think people say - Body, soul & spirit. Yet the soul and spirit overlap as I see it.

In God`s word we see that the word soul also means spirit. But we are not all the same we are different in many ways. And these differences have come over time and experience and from our moral choices.

What do you think?

Marilyn.

I agree. There's much written and debated between the difference between the soul and spirit. My personal thinking is the spirit is the part of us [both believers and non-believers alike] that lives and lives on [the breath of life]. All of humanity is given a spirit at the moment of conception, the Spirit is life and self awareness of life itself. I think animals are given a spirit, like a spirit of a dog and the traits and instincts that come with it, but it's not an eternal spirit and might be taken back when it perishes??

I suspect our souls are what makes us... us. Our individual traits, personalities, skills, abilities, gifts, likes, dislikes, mannerisms and the like. We are each created like a snow flake, no two alike and each of us is unique and different. How boring would it be if we all were the same, thought alike, agreed with the same things, had no differences, liked exactly the same things, had nothing to talk about because we felt and viewed everything exactly the same way? 

I suspect our 'soul' is our individuality and our real self that will also be placed in our glorified bodies that still makes us unique and ourselves?

I liken it to a tire: The rubber tire our bodies and eventually is wears out. The inner-tube being our soul that contains and retains the spirit.; and the invisible air, that pressurizes it and fills it, the spirit. 

We may be unique in another way? I've never read anything that even remotely suggests the heavenly host [angles] have a soul. We know they too were created with free will, but do they have individual likes and dislikes and different personalities, etc.? Interesting thoughts...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Perhaps there will be another dark ages. If the internet collapses, then communication will be very difficult if not impossible. None of us will know what is happening. I do not think we can handle that well. We have been 'plugged in' for far too long. The shock of being alone will be devastating and so all or most will easily take on 'another savior' without much opposition. Anything will be better than nothing.

When that great 'elevator in the sky' does not come for us, many will fall by the way and be easy pickings for the ungodly hoards that most likely will herald in the 'new age'. It will be very scary I think. And prone to make the most stalwart among us quake in their shoes.

It will not happen the way modern prophesy likes to portray it to comfy pew dwellers - to keep the money flowing. I cannot say I look forwards to this as many will be lost and perhaps things we can scarcely imagine will be thrust upon us by an intelligent and ungodly 'host' that despises God and all believers with a visceral hatred that we just cannot describe well. Evil that is beyond imagination will probably exist "..as in the days of Noah.."