Coliseum

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

When I was preaching at a Bible college in Alabama, the president of the college told me a story about one of his students. The student had recently been marvelously converted and was happy in the Lord. The young fellow said to an older man standing beside him at a bus stop, “Are you a Christian?” The older man replied, “Yes, sir, I have been a Christian for over forty years.” The young fellow said, “If you have been a Christian for over forty years, how is it that you did not ask me if I was a Christian?”

Years ago I was talking to a businessman in the city of Dallas, and the name of a deacon came up. I said to him, “That man is a deacon in our church and one of our finest men. He is a superintendent of one of our Sunday school departments.” The businessman replied, “I did not know that. I have done business with him for twenty-five years, and I did not even know he was a Christian.”

We are not all gifted alike. But when we were converted we were called to witness, and God opens doors for us. We must witness. In some humble, sweet, and precious way, we must say a good word for Jesus. When we are saved, we are saved to be witnesses.

Pastor Criswell

1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
15  But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect