missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

If you have ever gotten food poisoning from some tainted food you have consumed you know it is not very much fun. There are daily food recalls from the FDA. You could go to a restaurant and eat something that was not prepared or stored properly and get sick. A family member recently got very sick from food poisoning from eating salsa at a Mexican restaurant. Why is this happening? Is it carelessness? I do not remember this being a problem when I was growing up or even 20 years ago. 

These are the riskiest foods that can give you food poisoning:

1. Ground beef

2. Poultry

3. Vegetables and leafy greens

4. Fish and shellfish

5. Rice

6. Deli meats

7. Unpasteurized dairy

8. Eggs

9. Fruit

10. Sprouts

Edited by missmuffet

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,537
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh I was going to die anyway. How is not a big deal, for one way  of another I die. The worst day of my life will also be the best day of my life, so I am not going to long dither over whether I might get food poisoning or not. Being high up on the food chain mostly I  eat what doesn't eat me first. If a bug gets me, hey  see the humor in that.

ps. I confess that I will not buy my food at the place the Walmartians shop. Not since the time I got home  after buying a roasted chicken there, and found the legs had been eaten off the whole roasted chicken while still in it's nice little plastic container at the "store".

Don't ask me about the time a Walmartian was in the deodorant aisle sampling, using the various brands and carefully putting them back on the shelf.

By the way I got a very fast reply from the health department and they were very concerned. I love it when justice is done. :D

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

By the way I got a very fast reply from the health department and they were very concerned. I love it when justice is done. :D

Hi "Miss Justice", :)

What did you express to a health department that delighted you so when they responded to you?

Curiosity The Cat :emot-lookaround:

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Hi "Miss Justice", :)

What did you express to a health department that delighted you so when they responded to you?

Curiosity The Cat :emot-lookaround:

Food poisoning. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Food poisoning happens... because mistakes do happen. They always have, even in Biblical times. Why do you think God had such strict standards about what could and could not be eaten in OT times? It is absolutely nothing new.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The_Patriot2019 said:

Food poisoning happens... because mistakes do happen. They always have, even in Biblical times. Why do you think God had such strict standards about what could and could not be eaten in OT times? It is absolutely nothing new.

I disagree. I think our food is a lot worse as far as the recalls and food poisoning today than it was 20 years ago or when I was a kid. I would eat the leftover cake batter when I was a kid and you could not do that today. Have you seen the very long list of food recalls? I don't think it should be taken lightly. Have you ever had food poisoning? It is not fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I disagree. I think our food is a lot worse as far as the recalls and food poisoning today than it was 20 years ago or when I was a kid. I would eat the leftover cake batter when I was a kid and you could not do that today. Have you seen the very long list of food recalls? I don't think it should be taken lightly. Have you ever had food poisoning? It is not fun.

Lol the reason you shouldn't eat cake batter is because uncooked eggs pass on salmonella. They did when you were a kid, they do today, and they did 5000 years ago. That's just basic science.

The reason you didn't get sick? Called the law of percentages. Most eggs do not pass on salmonella, you are highly unlikely to get it. I to ate cake batter as a kid. I still do if I can get a bite before my wife gets to me lol.

But that doesn't mean you can't get salmonella from eating cake batter. 

And yes I've had food poisoning. And I also remember many food recalls as a kid. 

We're talking science here. Eating bad food will make you sick. Which is Why God forbid certain foods in the OT-they were hard to process safety with the technology available to them at the time. And why it's important to make sure our food is properly processed today. ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The fda came into existence because sausage waaay back over 100 yrs ago was so tainted folks were dying. 

Tainted food happens throughout history. Ergotism, which is mold on rye grain, caused many folks to get very ill and die thoughout history. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:32 PM, missmuffet said:

Well yes it is nice when  a health department does it's intended tasks, as intended.

I suppose there is greater number of food contamination events today than  when i was growing up. There is also more food available than I had, more choices too, and far more places to get already  prepared food to eat. Much of it not keep warm at proper temperatures(145F minimum) nor cool at proper temperatures ( 45F or lower). Seldom do I see a thermometer at the food display counter, like there is supposed to be. 

It is also good that when a person gets sick they let the health department know of it and call the source of  the suspect food as well. Food poisoning definitely is not fun, can be deadly. Note: I had  commercial kitchens put in at my home church and school ( with three sinks  for impliments a fourth for hands and a floor slop sink) plus had the volunteer kitchen workers trained by the health department and get their food management certificates. One of the worst offenses that spreads illness is the common wash cloth and dish drying towels. Bet most every church kitchen has dish towels laying around, a serious no-no in a commercial setting.  It should be wash- rinse- sanitize- drain dry, if being done by hand instead of commercial dishwashing machine. Never ever use a dish towel.

No one should get sick from mishandling of food, proper preparation is as easy as improper handling, one just need to learn  one from the other. Second worst  place in a commercial setting  is inside the ice maker mechanism- and the ice storage bin. Never ever get ice from a cold bin that has a hand dipper and then use that ice in a drink container!!!