• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Michelleblue said:

Hello, 

I’m struggling with getting older, and particularly loosing my beauty. Just going to be up front about it.  I was hoping to broach this topic in a women’s only forum, but didn’t find any.  Does anyone have any Godly books geared toward this issue?  I’m trying to cultivate new interests.  Beauty was always my ‘ card’ and I feel a deep loss getting closer and closer. I get that it’s vanity, but it’s deeply a part of me. Thanks for your advice. I’m 42 also. 

Hi Michelle, I to am close to your age and I think we all go through moods as we look into the mirror. I'm not being vain but I consider myself a more attractive person now then in my twenties. But not just my outward appearance, it's my Christ filled heart. Many Years ago I would only look to my outward person, but as I began to focus upon God and making myself a reflection of Christ, I found that these past 20 plus years were much better then the first. My outward person is aging but that doesn't mean it's the end, it's simply a new chapter. We can't turn back time, but We can still find happiness and joy with ourselves, as you look in the mirror, know you are a beautiful design of God's workmanship. Look at yourself through his eyes and you will see yourself in a different light.

May God bless you and may you find beauty within and without as God helps you see the wonderful creation he's made you to be

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 12/10/2019 at 3:16 AM, Michelleblue said:

Hello, 

I’m struggling with getting older, and particularly loosing my beauty. Just going to be up front about it.  I was hoping to broach this topic in a women’s only forum, but didn’t find any.  Does anyone have any Godly books geared toward this issue?  I’m trying to cultivate new interests.  Beauty was always my ‘ card’ and I feel a deep loss getting closer and closer. I get that it’s vanity, but it’s deeply a part of me. Thanks for your advice. I’m 42 also. 

I am glad that you find yourself beautiful, looks arent everything especially when we get older. Some people actually look better as they become older people. What matters is we remain in faith, and hold on to what God has given us.