IGNORED

Debating sharing theology blog on here...thoughts?

mlssufan01

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I use a lot of wix and webnode, generally for my poetic and gaming hobbies...but was considering starting one for theology-related concepts.
I don't feel tremendously spiritually equipped, but I do read my Bible, and my hope in this is that people would kindly correct where I am erring in study, or support a concept or thought maybe they had not considered. Perhaps there are others like me, who really desire to serve Christ but struggle to understand doctrine...a place I am definitely at in my life right now.
What do others think--is this a good endeavor?
I will say, I would prefer to share these links on worthy Forums as I feel my current Calvinist church may come on a bit too rigid.
I also think that if people see how I'm viewing and interpreting, perhaps they can guide me to a denomination that may be better suited, if need be; or if there is a serious doctrinal issue, in regards to salvation particularly, they I may be corrected.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  73
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/10/2019 at 1:45 PM, Walter Goraj jr said:

Hello! Just curious... do you consider yourself a " calvinist?"

I wouldn't say that...I've been attending a Calvinist church but never became a member...I go with believe the Bible, love God, love one another.  That said, there are many things I've learned under Calvinist teaching that have been quite helpful, and many teachers whom I understand regarding the Bible happen to be Calvinist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, Walter Goraj jr said:

Always been intrigued with how all the different church denomonations began,all using the same Bible. It's like they all "specialize" or become the " authority" in one particular doctrine.... most notably the "Baptists" and "pentecostals". If you have a slightly different view on "water baptism" or the "gifts of the Holy Spirit" you may not be too welcome. 

I do prefer fellowship outside of the churches (these days especially).... and yes, I do get criticized for that by some.

Hi Walter,

Yes the different denominations can seem to be conflicting. However when you realise how they all came about, then it makes sense. Just in summary - we know that the Apostle Paul gave the Ephesians that whole council of God, and then warned them that `savage wolves` would come in not sparing the flock. (Acts 20: 27 - 30)

Then over the centuries we note that great errors came in - men lording it over, (hierarchies in a religious system) traditions, baptising children etc etc. Then in the Middle ages truth came to the fore and we have

- Martin Luther realising that we are saved through faith in Jesus, ( & shown by our works) (Lutherans)

- later revelation of adult baptism, (Baptists)

- further revelation of the infilling of the Holy Spirit, (Pentecostal)  

(& many other denominations for certain truths.)

Thus we can appreciate that people actually were killed or put out of their denomination for believing in certain truths. Today we have many truths available to us, on line, in books etc. Of course one has to be very careful and not get `tossed to and fro` by every wind of doctrine.

The main truths of the Lord have come across every denomination. And the focus is actually now on the `denominational structure` itself. Is it of the Lord, and is it beneficial? I see that you have come to that yourself. Personally my husband and I fellowship in small groups. 

regards, Marilyn.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Listen to peer-review scholarship of scriptural origins and theology backgrounds. Listen and study well before adopting any of their 'rules'.

Ignore most commentaries before 2010 as they are dated. The latest cuneiform and other original translations (Qumran etc) lends much more depth to the understanding than the texts available to the KJV scholars, some of which were of the RCC persuasion.

Know your history and do not be caught out with second-hand poor theology.

Do not be upset when nobody sees it the way you do. There is a reason God gave us INDIVIDUAL minds....

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

Yes, I enjoy the fellowship of a few wherever and whenever. The main fellowship is with God's Word. I am being blessed with this forum. Everyone here is serious about truth. You will hardly find that in the churches today. Please understand I am not condemning or judging people that go to church.

I recall a teaching a while back  that had to do with the church age coming to an end. I can't fully agree with that because there may be some assembly out there teaching the true gospel.

Hi Walter,

Yes it is good here on Worthy and something God has provided for us in these days before His coming.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

12 hours ago, Walter Goraj jr said:

I recall a teaching a while back  that had to do with the church age coming to an end. I can't fully agree with that because there may be some assembly out there teaching the true gospel.

I agree.  Also, the term "church age" is a man-made term and should be avoided since it can be defined differently by different people to suit a particular purpose.  We should stick with biblical terms.  If what is meant by "church age" is the new covenant then we should use the term "new covenant" instead.  We have scriptures that explains the new covenant.  There are no scriptures that define a "church age" only people's ideas of what that means.   We are in a time of increasing deception and should stick with what is true.  Man-made terms open the door for confusion to enter.