• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Drugs is only a minor part of what the cartels do. 

I’m sorry, this left me speechless. Can you please explain what the major part of what the cartels do?

1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

What do you think should be done about the drug problems in your area

May I answer this after you explain a bit further why you believe drugs are only the “minor” part of what cartels do? Maybe you know a lot more than I do since you live on the border. Most of my information comes from cops in big cities and schools. No sense in me talking about what should be done about drugs if it’s just a minor issue. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

5 minutes ago, ReneeIW said:

I’m sorry, this left me speechless. Can you please explain what the major part of what the cartels do?

May I answer this after you explain a bit further why you believe drugs are only the “minor” part of what cartels do? Maybe you know a lot more than I do since you live on the border. Most of my information comes from cops in big cities and schools. No sense in me talking about what should be done about drugs if it’s just a minor issue. 

I am not saying that drugs isnt a major problem in the us. But the cartels have a large enterprise in human trafficking, kidnapping, in mexico stealing gas from pemex and selling it etc. There are people who think legalizing drugs would eliminate the cartels and that is plainly not true. Since journalists in mexico are under threat of death if they report how bad things are much of this goes unreported.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

A recent example of kidnapping by the cartels is a businessman from florida who was visiting arizona. He was kidnapped by one of the mexican gangs and held for a 500,000 dollar ransom. Fortunately he was not killed and returned safely to his family. He had no connection to any cartel/gang.

Incidents like this are buried in the news. But they do occur frequently.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It's not just California; the entire country is a lost cause. Within two generations, the entirety of the country will be unrecognizable. 

Edited by samuelg1

58 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Incidents like this are buried in the news. But they do occur frequently.

I’ve heard of those kind of kidnappings and it’s very scary. So are terrorists attacks and mass shootings. I don’t know why the press reports on certain things and not on others. I wish they reported less on some things because of copy cats. 

Cartels and kidnappings usually happen in other countries, correct? Not here.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, ayin jade said:

Live in a border state and you see what the media doesnt want to talk about. The cartels taking over parts of my state. Areas where the feds have put up signs warning americans to keep out of an area because of the invasion from the south. The shootouts  on the highways. The multiple armed checkpoints one has to go through just to travel within the state. Americans killed by the invaders. Property destroyed by invaders. The rampant kidnappings of americans by coyotes. It was reported to be one a day on average in phoenix alone. When looked at by an outside agency that didnt believe that figure, it was shown to be much higher. 

Come down here and see for yourself.

Same same here in south Texas. Those not having to live and work in or near a border
town with Mexico have no idea whats going on, especially with politically slanted media.
Watching LOCAL news is like watching some old racketeering movies from the thirties, 
when the mob gangs ruled the streets. Only much worse.
I cannot post pictures here of what happens at the borders, as it is so offensive, they would immediately be removed.
American hard working  ranch and farm families of several generation are pulling stakes just to STAY ALIVE.
 Coming from across the border, our new neighbors;

920x920.jpg.fe3816ecd08dbecb6e86155c24705790.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

And yet we are supposed to welcome these drug cartels, pimps, gangs and thugs with open arms or we are "racist."

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

What do you think should be done about the drug problems in your area? I am interested in your view. 

In my area? I can tell you what they are actually doing. Unfortunately the problem got so bad that they now have the police going into schools with drug sniffing dogs. If drugs are found in a locker the student is expelled. 

My daughter actually worries that when she gets to high school someone will put drugs in her locker.

They also now have two weeks devoted to drug education in health class starting in Middle School. They used to start it in elementary school, which I didn’t like because it was just causing curiosity. They have now stopped drug education in elementary school after studies showed it made no difference.

When I was growing we were just told that drugs were evil and ruined  lives and communities. I didn’t find out until I was twenty years old why people were actually doing drugs. A religious leader told me when I was 20 that he loved  cocaine and what it did to him. So I think I was never tempted to to drugs because I never knew what they did, I was just told they were evil. By the time the religious leader told me he loved drugs, I had already been convinced they were horrible. 

22 years later, I spoke with that same religious leader who said he just does cocaine “very sparingly” now. His daughters also do drugs and one of his friends(another religious leader) said the girls were just being normal teenagers.

I bring this all up to say that there needs to be a stigma against first time drug users and people who think it’s okay to “experiment” with drugs or “party” occasionally with drugs. There was a stigma in my neighborhood when I was growing up and I think that helped.

And the police needs to come into schools and be a part of the drug education because the students are not listening to teachers. I could go on and on but the last thing I’ll say is that I think there needs to be harsher penalties against first time drug offenders. Not something that goes on your record and ruins your life, but mandatory jail time that is then expunged off your record. 

Edited by ReneeIW

Drug use is now celebrated and promoted in "gangsta" rap, popular music and film. It is the "cool" thing to do. You can't really be accepted in youth peer groups unless you at the very least, consume alcohol. Almost all "youth" parties revolved around drinking and drug consumption. 

There is even a local church meeting group which holds meetings at the local tavern. 

Edited by samuelg1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

16 hours ago, ayin jade said:

A methodist church in california put up a nativity with joseph mary and baby Jesus in separate cages. It is a political statement about the way they perceive what is happening to illegals. So they trashed the birth of Christ.

Your thoughts?

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/azfamily.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/49/24985357-4ae8-5b9c-902a-8c7d3466811b/5dee7241e6e13.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C790

Article

https://www.azfamily.com/news/us_world_news/church-nativity-scene-depicts-jesus-mary-and-joseph-as-refugees/article_5e57661d-f790-5f71-9c28-ad8848aae51c.html

There is war going on in the United Methodist Church at the moment between liberals and conservatives. It sounds like some of the liberal churches might leave the United Methodist Church. I hope mine doesn't.