IGNORED

Hebrews - the author

Just finished Hebrews. I just feel throughout that it was the Apostle Paul who wrote it - so why has this been disputed? Greater minds than mine have decided he was not the author. Well who else would write it? 

I think it was Paul and i won't be moved on that! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Just finished Hebrews. I just feel throughout that it was the Apostle Paul who wrote it - so why has this been disputed? Greater minds than mine have decided he was not the author. Well who else would write it? 

I agree with you that it was Paul who wrote Hebrews.

The book is so rich and such depths of prophetic revelation. Andrew Murray has written an exposition on the book titled the way into the holy of Holies

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,062
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Why exactly does this matter to you?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

Why exactly does this matter to you?

It does matter. When you know who wrote the book,  when it was written,  to whom it was written and why it was written, 

Then you can unlock the message of the book. What is the prophetic revelation that the Holy Spirit wants me to know?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

It is very unlikely Paul wrote it.  In every epistle Paul wrote he ALWAYS started them the same way---"Paul and apostle..."

Why wold he change for Hebrews?

Actually it is irrelevant who wrote it or when  it was written.  The only important thing is who inspired what was written.

Love, peace, joy

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

17 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

It does matter. When you know who wrote the book,  when it was written,  to whom it was written and why it was written, 

Then you can unlock the message of the book. What is the prophetic revelation that the Holy Spirit wants me to know?

The things you mention that is needed to understand the book, will not help your understanding  at all.  We can't prove who wrote it, and still we can get the teaching God had the author include  in the book.  Who wrote it and when, will not change  any Biblical doctrine or even one  jot  or tittle in it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

8 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

Hebrews was written before 70 Ad. As no mention of the destruction of the temple is made therein. Of the theories out there, the one I think is the most viable is that it was written by Clement, and is stylistically similar to the first Epistle of Clement. It is said that he was under the tutelage of Paul, and Peter in Rome, and is believed to be the Clement mentioned in Phil. 4:3. It May have even been passed down to Clement by Paul Who finished and sent it out, shortly before his death. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

The only thing we can say for certain is that the Bible does not say who wrote Hebrews.

I've read of cases for Apollos, Priscilla/Aquilla, and even Barnabas.  Each time I read of a case, all I can think of is that we will never know.

The book of Hebrews is awesome.  I just let it go at that.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

6 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

The Holy Spirit, aka the Spirit of Truth, is only concerned about the Truth. To answer your question: the truth of its contents.

Be careful what you ask for. If you ask for who, when, whom, and why it was written, and not ask for the truth of its contents, then you are seeking not its truth but personal glorification. "Look what I know". You may even get what you ask for, just to find out that nobody will take you seriously, or label you as a false-prophet, just so you may discover a truth about your motives. God seems to move in mysterious ways for those that ignore the truth of themselves.