samuelg1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

OK, I get it now. I've been attending a church sponsored course during the week. The topics vary, but all of course are related to some aspect of worshipful living. It sounds like good stuff. 

I've gotten to know a number of my fellow attendees and it's amazing what you can learn about people in just a few minutes. Almost all of the married people I've met are on their second and third marriages. Many have met their spouses at this particular church. This is the purpose of their attending. They get divorced, then go to church in search of redemption and forgiveness, and then network at church in hopes of meeting a Christian spouse. 

There are plenty of singles as well attending these weekly classes and they have the same goal in mind. 

The Bible does allow for marriage and re-marriage under certain circumstances but I couldn't help but be struck by how common divorce is within our church. What disappoints me even more however is how flirtatious the married women are. I am single and I would like to meet a Christian wife. However, I am adamantly opposed to married women flirting with me. This type of behavior however is very, very, very common. They are flaunting their flirting in front of their new (second or third) husbands as well, which is even more disappointing.

So it seems as if these women are indicating that they are willing to openly flaunt their disloyalty to their new husbands and are perhaps open to a fling, initiated at Church! Many of these women are considerably older than I am as well, as many are well in to their 50's and 60's, yet acting like swingers. 

I didn't realize until recently how off the rails the modern church has gone. The more time I spend at churches, the more I realize how corrupted and rotten the people attending them truly are. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, samuelg1 said:

I didn't realize until recently how off the rails the modern church has gone. The more time I spend at churches, the more I realize how corrupted and rotten the people attending them truly are. 

Yep it is where many a sinner meets,  joining with other sinners in corporate worship of my Lord and savior Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

2 hours ago, samuelg1 said:

OK, I get it now. I've been attending a church sponsored course during the week. The topics vary, but all of course are related to some aspect of worshipful living. It sounds like good stuff. 

I've gotten to know a number of my fellow attendees and it's amazing what you can learn about people in just a few minutes. Almost all of the married people I've met are on their second and third marriages. Many have met their spouses at this particular church. This is the purpose of their attending. They get divorced, then go to church in search of redemption and forgiveness, and then network at church in hopes of meeting a Christian spouse. 

There are plenty of singles as well attending these weekly classes and they have the same goal in mind. 

The Bible does allow for marriage and re-marriage under certain circumstances but I couldn't help but be struck by how common divorce is within our church. What disappoints me even more however is how flirtatious the married women are. I am single and I would like to meet a Christian wife. However, I am adamantly opposed to married women flirting with me. This type of behavior however is very, very, very common. They are flaunting their flirting in front of their new (second or third) husbands as well, which is even more disappointing.

So it seems as if these women are indicating that they are willing to openly flaunt their disloyalty to their new husbands and are perhaps open to a fling, initiated at Church! Many of these women are considerably older than I am as well, as many are well in to their 50's and 60's, yet acting like swingers. 

really? i personally never been to a church where this (open flirtation) happens.

41 minutes ago, Equippers said:

really? i personally never been to a church where this (open flirtation) happens.

Oh there are all sorts of social occasions within a Christian setting. Some will end up becoming occasions for a man and a woman to meet, even fall in love and marry.

Seems to me that might be  as nice as meeting at the local bowling alley bar room. Why I met my own sweet peach  on  (gulp) a Christian message board. We flirted even! Took me forever to build up courage to do so to see if there might be any reciprocating interest burning. Can you imagine(?), and at over 70 years of age too! My my what some Christians do.

It is kinda funny,  in a Shakespearean manner, that there are so many threads on Christian message boards berating the "church". Some berating for the people never socializing with them, never saying hello; and also complaints about the horrors of people trying to socialize and meet each other in church. Seems we all either  leave too early or  stay too long, no one does things just right to suit some.

Oh well. I praise God for the opportunity He presented to me, (and my bride) for one to flirt and for the other to flirt and to then meet publicly and marry. Life can be grand; praise God for it all.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

7 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Oh there are all sorts of social occasions within a Christian setting. Some will end up becoming occasions for a man and a woman to meet, even fall in love and marry.

Seems to me that might be  as nice as meeting at the local bowling alley bar room. Why I met my own sweet peach  on  (gulp) a Christian message board. We flirted even! Took me forever to build up courage to do so to see if there might be any reciprocating interest burning. Can you imagine(?), and at over 70 years of age too! My my what some Christians do.

It is kinda funny,  in a Shakespearean manner, that there are so many threads on Christian message boards berating the "church". Some berating for the people never socializing with them, never saying hello while, here we also have  complaints about the horrors of people trying to socialize and meet each other in church. Seems we all either  leave too early or  stay too long, no one does things just right to suit some.

Oh well. I praise God for the opportunity He presented to me, (and my bride) for one to flirt and for the other to flirt and to then meet publicly and marry. Life can be grand; praise God for it all.

yeah, but i think it is different to flirt on a Christian message board as singles, as opposed to being married and openly flirt in front of your spouse.

like i said, i never  seen this before at church.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Equippers said:

yeah, but i think it is different to flirt on a Christian message board as singles, as opposed to being married and openly flirt in front of your spouse.

Well sure it is different being single versus married.  I don't take seriously an accusation that a church organizes classes for the purpose of married people arranging to be unfaithful to their spouses. 

But churches ( The people the body of Christ) do have groups with common social interests that get together, one common one is young singles groups. And yes it is a social setting, one with some strict guidance for behavior and respect one for another. Yet it also  makes for a setting where a man may meet a woman and a woman may meet a man. Many do many marry.

It does become important for the leadership and the whole group to watch out for the wolf that comes cruising on in hoping to cut out one of the sheep for themself.

Why even the Shakers ( though maybe not Christian ) had their own organized way to socialize plus flirt and even marry. I have a picture of their dance behind me even now as I type. The men lined up in rows on the one side of the dance room, the ladies lined up on the other, each standing on their own floor peg mark. They could ask for permission to go be together as couples.

There was a strict set of rules, but those rules were also generous to the hearts of the individuals. They could choose to couple, marry,  and still stay nearby working within the community  of Shakers though no longer part of the separated sect known as Shakers. Couples were not ostracized at all.

ps- One of our favorite places to visit, tour, and attend festivals is Canterbury Shaker Village, Canterbury, New Hampshire, USA. The history  is fascinating! We were blessed to have a tour led by a local university professor that was raised/educated there by the "sisters" though his family his parents were not shakers themselves, they merely worked for the  industrious and inventive Shakers as many locals did.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, samuelg1 said:

The more time I spend at churches, the more I realize how corrupted and rotten the people attending them truly are. 

This statement seems to be an ongoing theme in your posts samuelg1.
What is your purpose in this, your purpose for being here?
You're talking about me, and my family and friends, and millions of faithful believers attending church.
Corrupted and rotten people. God's set apart ones.
To those who are faithfully attending a bible based, God fearing, spirit led fellowship, struggling to do what's right,
this inappropriate general statement is highly offensive.
To group all churches as rotten and corrupted as you have, based upon your limited experience is wrong.
It appears you only publicize everything you judged that's wrong with the church.
How many hundreds, thousands, millions of churched have you attended.
God has a place for you samuelg1, you are a 'part', as a believer, in an assembly of believers,
large or small, traditional or 'customized' to your liking, somewhere.
You are not going to find it by belittling the churches that are not to your standards.
As has been said so many times, there is no perfect church.
They're all full of hypocrites, liars, thieves and fornicators, slanderers and gossips.
And most struggling but trying to do the best they know how as unto the Lord.
Would be better to be on the side of those trying to make things better,
than the side pointing out everything you see that's wrong.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

11 hours ago, Equippers said:

This was disappointing to me. They were older, but newlyweds. This was their time to bond deeply with one another, in this their "honeymoon" period. Instead, she is already flirting with single men in front of her husband.

What made it worse was that the husband had had hip replacement surgery and relied on her to transport him to their car in his mobility chair. Instead, she kept him waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes while she was chatting me up. I saw him waiting outside for her the entire time? when I left (she insisted on walking me to my car). 

It leads me to believe that there is no real distinction between the "christians" at church and nonbelievers in actual behavior. 

Edited by samuelg1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

15 hours ago, samuelg1 said:

Very sad. We see some of the unfaithful Churches in the book of Revelation. A luke warm faith Jesus said he would "spit them out of his mouth".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1