• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Holy Ghost will show you what the Word of God intends and means in the lives of the People irregardless of the attempts to corrupt the Word of God,

That's it!!!

A paraphrase of 1 John 2:27:

But the Anointing (Father) which ye have received of Him (Father) abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as It hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him (Jesus).

I feel so sorry for anyone that tries to understand the Word with/from their own human intellect, ...no matter what version of the Bible they are reading.

Lord bless 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

11 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

That's it!!!

A paraphrase of 1 John 2:27:

But the Anointing (Father) which ye have received of Him (Father) abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same Anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as It hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him (Jesus).

I feel so sorry for anyone that tries to understand the Word with/from their own human intellect, ...no matter what version of the Bible they are reading.

Lord bless 

Philip and the Ethiopian Eunuch

"Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place.  And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship  and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah.  And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.”  So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”  And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.  Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this:

“Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter
    and like a lamb before its shearer is silent,
    so he opens not his mouth.
 In his humiliation justice was denied him.
    Who can describe his generation?
For his life is taken away from the earth.”

And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?”  Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.  And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.  And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing.  But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea."....

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/11/2019 at 11:26 AM, LadyKay said:

Seriously I am starting to think that threads like this are made just to stir the pot.  

Not that I have been here for very long, but that is why that I am going to leave the forums, people just seem to what to fight and argue.  So many of the postings turn into arguments and it seems like some people only want to say things that are contrary to what has been said by the other posters.

I thought that these forums would be uplifting (and some posts are), but more times than not, I come away from this site discouraged and not uplifted at all.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

There are several good interpretations of the Holy Bible. I prefer the NKJV.

There are several interpretations of the Bible that are not good. One being the Queen James Bible. Also known as the "gay" Bible.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

15 minutes ago, jmax said:

from this site discouraged and not uplifted at all.

I understand the feeling. But persist please. It has to do with the silly doctrine of inerrancy. Inspiration is NOT often understood in context. God did not ZAP and cause writers to suddenly script.. NO, He took people and prepared them in their lives to write down what He needed to say. Someone else may under the same Spirit be led to add to this script or modify it slightly. God DID prepare the writers to put down what He needed them to say in their own context. That is called INSPIRATION, not some auto-handwriting zombie type of thing, but real folk with points of view and varied education. God is not so small as to do it any other way. He enjoys involving His Creation in His Messaging. His theology is His Alone and He expects us to use our noggins when we discuss it all. You cannot protect scripture - it does not need it as it stands alone on its own merit. Do not worship mere words anyway, worship only God and His Spirit will bring those words alive no matter how many doctrines have twisted it all.

Edited by Justin Adams

36 minutes ago, jmax said:

Not that I have been here for very long, but that is why that I am going to leave the forums, people just seem to what to fight and argue.  So many of the postings turn into arguments and it seems like some people only want to say things that are contrary to what has been said by the other posters.

I thought that these forums would be uplifting (and some posts are), but more times than not, I come away from this site discouraged and not uplifted at all.

There is secular and worldly content on Worthy because it is a message board on the internet. But there is some very good Christian content as well. Just like you are going to see and hear good and bad at a Church. 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  09/05/1993

A lot of negative comments but no one named any errors in the KJV yet. I didn’t make the thread to break down ones faith by saying the Bible is flawed by man! I attempted to build others faith up by saying that the Bible contains no errors. Which view is more comforting? 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

KJV is reasonably good translation. NIV is better though. Not much in it if you're using them right though to be fair

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

13 minutes ago, WBO said:

A lot of negative comments but no one named any errors in the KJV yet. I didn’t make the thread to break down ones faith by saying the Bible is flawed by man! I attempted to build others faith up by saying that the Bible contains no errors. Which view is more comforting? 

But that is not what your thread title communicates.

King James Onlyism supported

• Well Said! 1