• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

It's why we have to be careful about the way we take many things.   I see Jesus' ministry as a clarification of scripture.  So many times, He pointed out that salvation wasn't that complex. 

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

but the thing that most people don't pick up on is that if you do those two, you will not even want to go against any of the others.....        commit murder...    no you are as guilty if you even hate with no reason much less kill that person...     same with adultery.... and the others....          have a Sabbath...   no your whole life is a Sabbath for you are with God through the Holy Spirit all the time, not just one day a week.

Most people don't understand how deep what he said there goes.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,041
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, other one said:

but the thing that most people don't pick up on is that if you do those two, you will not even want to go against any of the others.....        commit murder...    no you are as guilty if you even hate with no reason much less kill that person...     same with adultery.... and the others....          have a Sabbath...   no your whole life is a Sabbath for you are with God through the Holy Spirit all the time, not just one day a week.

Most people don't understand how deep what he said there goes.

Can't really add anything here.  Well said.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,477
  • Content Per Day:  0.96

On 12/11/2019 at 2:15 PM, Frank Goad said:

Do you think physics might one day prove God as a real person?

No. But maybe one day we will get some actual science that deals in more than temporal and physical things. All the world will be covered with the knowledge of the Lord. Real science will be here.

On 12/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, Frank Goad said:

Can't.   Science is, by its very methodology, unable to deal with the supernatural.    Maybe someday, something that transcends the physical world will work for you.   

Oh, wait... it's called "faith." 

Works for me.

• 1 month later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

On December 11, 2019 at 4:15 PM, Frank Goad said:

Physics can't prove Math is real, or that philosophical propositions are true, or that George Washington was the first US President. 

Physics proves PHYSICal things. Since God is immaterial therefore not physical, it is impossible for physics to prove His existence.

Philosophy is where you might go to help you argue that God is the best explanation of things like the beginning of the universe, or the fine-tuning of life we find in the universe, or the sudden arrival of massive amounts of information in the earliest DNA, or the existence of moral values and duties, or the existence of free will, or the fact that there are no atheists in foxholes, or the strange effectiveness of math to discover new things about our universe (if math is just a human invention), or why there is anything rather than nothing.

This is why the idea that the only things one can count as knowledge are testable by science is self-refuting!

how do you know the previous sentence? Not by science or experiment. So the sentence refutes itself. 

Nevertheless we hear this mindless statement repeated over and over again by atheists pretending to understand basic philosophy. 

Science is limited to the natural world. Let's recognize the limits of scientific knowledge and utilize the correct way of knowing a topic, whether that be historiography for history of philosophy for logic or proofs for math, etc.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, Frank Goad said:

Romans 1:   20, For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

3 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

Physics proves PHYSICal things. Since God is immaterial therefore not physical, it is impossible for physics to prove His existence.

Yep.

22 hours ago, The Barbarian said:

Yep.

The Bible is chock full of scriptures which proves God exists and He has a SPIRIT BODY.

56 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

The Bible is chock full of scriptures which proves God exists

He exists as a spirit.  And Jesus says a spirit does not have a body.   I believe Him.   

You should, too.

3 minutes ago, The Barbarian said:

He exists as a spirit.  And Jesus says a spirit does not have a body.   I believe Him.   

You should, too.

Jesus never said a Spirit does not have a body.

Jesus, after he was resurrected said,

Luke 24: 39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not FLESH AND BONES, as ye see me have.

Jesus now has a glorified flesh and bone body. God the Father has a spirit body as hundreds of scriptures teach.

Jesus will carry His scars for eternity;

Zechariah 13:  6, And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.