Frank Goad

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

If I pray hard enough can jesus take me out of body one day?:cool2: I feel it might deepen my walk with God.Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.I think jesus might one day because of Matthew 7:7-8.:)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I feel this is not a good thing to want. Paul wrote grow in grace and knowledge of jesus christ.  That will deepen your walk. To walk with God means to follow what the bible says. Like if you lie a lot now speak only the truth. See then you are walking honest. If your married but cheat on your wife now never commit sexual sin. Now you are walking pure. So grow in Gods grace. And in the knowledge of Gods will.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

If I pray hard enough can jesus take me out of body one day?:cool2: I feel it might deepen my walk with God.Like in 2 Corinthians 12:1-4.I think jesus might one day because of Matthew 7:7-8.:)

No.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

The expression "pray hard enough" seems a little off target to me. We should constantly be in prayer (1 Thessalonians 5:17). It isn't about hard or soft - it's about never leaving Jesus.

It would seem to me the great goal is to go to heaven. That should be our aim, as opposed to being taken out of our bodies. Once you find heaven, you will understand. Jesus tells us how in Matthew 4:17.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,561
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

16 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

Hi, I suggest it will not be by the hardness of your prayer, but in spite of it if it happens; however God might just as likely put you  into  prison, and tie you to a jailer if that may help. 

Corinthians 1:22-25 English Standard Version (ESV)

For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom,  but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.  For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men. e do walk by faith and not by sight.

Sight cannot increase faith ( It can only decrease it by replacing it. The greater for the lesser.), but faith can and does increase sight.

The Sign of Jonah

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees answered him, saying, “Teacher, we wish to see a sign from you.”  But he answered them, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.  For just as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.  The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here.  The queen of the South will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here.

Our Heavenly Dwelling

For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.  For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling,  if indeed by putting it on we may not be found naked.  For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life.  He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.  Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.  So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him.  For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Hi Frank,

Faith grows by reading, hearing and acting out on the faith that you have through God's Word. I suggest praying to the Lord to grow your faith if that is what you are requesting. The Lord will provide what you are requesting in a way you probably wouldn't expect but in a way that would benefit you specifically. 

Matthew 4:5-7, "Then the devil took him to the holy city and set him on the pinnacle of the temple and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, throw yourself down, for it is written, “‘He will command his angels concerning you,’ and “‘On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.’” Jesus said to him, “Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’”

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

16 hours ago, Frank Goad said:

2 Corinthians 12:1–6 (AV)
1 It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

Point being:

If God could or would give you an extra vehicular experience, you'd never know it.