IGNORED

Hebrews 12:5-6 (lets see how many people don't read this) ??

Sharky and George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Check out the cover of this book:

https://www.sovereignworld.com/loved-like-never-before/
Your heavenly Father God can be cuddly as it says in Romans 8, Abba Father (means Daddy God) with you on His lap.

There is also His tough love that teaches you to be strong so you can cope with life better. This kind of love is prudent e.g. when you put your hand too close to the fire place you get a smack on your wrist from Dad but you never burn your hand again for the rest of your life.

Hebrews 12:5‭-‬6 ESV

"And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him. For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.""

When things go wrong, ask yourself the question, is God disciplining me for something I have done wrong?

Maybe He has been trying to tell you for ages and you had been suffering lots but you did not change as you did not know.

If you start asking, finding out through prayer and then repenting of whatever it is, you will start to have a much more successful and joyful life. He is raising you as His child.

God is love and He will love you however He can in whatever situation or place you are in, in order to help you.

N.B; the book mentioned above is amazing. The Father figure is the most vital relationship you can have therefore this book will significantly strengthen your Christian walk i.e. people say "he knows the Father".

The Father is greater than Jesus and He is the sovereign ruler of the whole universe.

A nice old hymn about your Father in heaven:

Father God I wonder how I managed to exist without the knowledge of your parenthood and your loving care.

But now I am your son, I am adopted in your family, I can never be alone as Father God your here beside me.

I will sing your praises.

I will sing your praises.

I will sing your praises for forever more.

You are His biological child and He can never let you go.

He is outside of time and knows the future perfectly thus He is perfectly powerful.

He is God thus He can pause time, rearrange things and then press play again e.g.

• World war 1 1914 Christmas truce football match.
  • Joshua 10:13 when the sun stopped (how we measure time).

Selah. You are safe child ?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 7 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I dont think God disciplines because people suffer, although the old testament indicates that that is exactly why Israel kept getting oppressed by their enemies. God said it himself, that he is letting Israel suffer because of disobedience. I think we can submit to God and resist the devil as a good guide, to pleasing God and also putting the devil down.