dhchristian

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Days Won:  0

In My time of Being a watchmen I have seen many attacks on the Word of God come from many sources. Whether these attacks are against James for being too works oriented, or the Hyper-dispensationalists that make the Words of Jesus of none effect, or the Hebrew roots people that want to down play Paul the apostle, Or the Likes of some who want to remove the Old Testament all together from scripture. There are also the literary criticisms of Graf and Wellhausen and their whole approach to the Word of God. The attempts to distort the divinity of Christ Out of the Word of God by the Hort and Wescott. The Attempts by evolutionists to distort the Genesis account of a 6 day creation. Seems like every 6 months or so there is  new attack on the Word of God to deal with. 

The Next wave will be the attack on the book of Revelation. Someone here Just claimed that Revelation is Apocryphal... Apocryphal means literally of "doubtful origin".... This attack has been going on since the Second century, But I think as we get closer to end times, this attack will become even more blatant and deliberate. Why is that? Because many fear the Truths revealed in the Book of revelation, and because most intellectuals approaching this book with all their wisdom cannot understand this book they will discredit it. That is because there is only one way to understand this Book, and that is to be taught by the Holy Ghost, the Author of this Prophecy. And those who are trusting in their own mental capacity can never Learn The Truths Written therein, to their own detriment.

These attacks on the Book of Revelation have come from all sources, From the Eastern Orthodox churches who do not have it in their canon, and Luther who did not care for it, to secularists who think John was hallucinating, etc. But this last wave will be far worse. History has shown however, that it was the Most widely received book by the early church fathers....

Revelation’s early reception was Outstanding.  Perhaps as much as any other NT book, we have evidence for an early, widespread, and consistent reception of Revelation.  Our evidence goes back as early as Papias (c.125) and also includes Justin Martyr, Irenaeus, the Muratorian Fragment, Hippolytus, Clement of Alexandria, Tertullian, and Origen.  That is an impressive list.

In addition, it is worth noting that almost every one of these church fathers accepted the book of Revelation on the same grounds, namely the belief that the apostle John, the son of Zebedee was the author.

B.W. Bacon was so impressed with Revelation’s initial reception that he was able to say, “There is no book in the entire New Testament whose external attestation can compare with that of Revelation, in nearness, clearness, definiteness, and positiveness of statement” (The Making of the New Testament, 190).

https://www.michaeljkruger.com/the-book-of-revelation-how-difficult-was-its-journey-into-the-canon/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

I expect that before all is said and done, the whole New Testament will be viewed as being "of doubtful origin." 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.66
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

9 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

I expect that before all is said and done, the whole New Testament will be viewed as being "of doubtful origin." 

I don't doubt this. The spirit of antichrist (I mean in a general sense) seems more and more intense as the years roll on.

• Thumbs Up 1