• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

For the last 6 months I've been a christen but after about 10 days of being faithful and sinless I get these strong feelings that hell is just insane and there couldn't possibly be one. That leads to losing my faith temporarily because then I can't trust what the bible says. How can I stay faithful the rest of my life?

Like how could a loving god brutally torture people just cos they had sex or didn't believe in him or they get drunk etc. It's not rational to care so much about those things let alone torture them for eternity. It's hard for me to accept this. If i can't accept hell then why believe anything in the bible you know?

A guy called Bill wiese apparently went to hell for 23 minutes and tries to bring the world to repentance after his experience. He has youtube videos and he said that the reason hell is justified is because who you wrong determines the severity of punishment. Like if I punch my (male) friend its wrong, if I punch my mother its much worse and if I punch the queen its FAR worse. Since god is infinitely greater than us in position then sins against him are worthy of eternal punishment. Like if you bashed the queen of England you would probably be put to death, and you can say but I only bashed her, normally you just get 3 months jail for that....well you would still get put to death.

While I can see what Bill is saying I still have a hard time accepting it. I could never put someone through that especially for 'little sins' that most good people do. Isn't the right thing to give little things little punishments? If someone heard about Jesus but didn't believe because of reasons that made sense to them shouldn't you be understanding as long as they weren't bad people? I thought these are universally the 'right thing'.

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

Just one of Satan's lies. Satan does not want you to be faithful to God. He does not want you to go to heaven. He wants you back. There will be a literal hell when all those unbelieving souls are thrown into it after they have been judged at the Great White Throne judgment. It will be eternal torment and never ending. That is what the Bible tells us. You either believe what the words of the Bible says or you do not. Right now there is a temporary hell called Hades. That is where all the unbelieving souls are right now. 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

He talked about it BEFORE His death and resurrection. There is a verse in Revelation where some believe it says Hell is destroyed in the Lake of Fire. So although Christ taught about Hell, some believe He overcame Hell and ultimately Hell will be destroyed along with the Devil. That means the devil will cease to exist along with Hell. I think it’s Revelation 20 that discusses this. You should study it out for yourself and pray about it.

Have a nice night?

P.S. it’s normal to have these  thoughts as a new Christian. I would concentrate on loving others and not worry about Hell. 

That's an interesting idea.  How do they balance it with the bits where people are in hell though? I've never heard this idea before.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.67
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Many Christians don't believe the Bible teaches that hell is a place of eternal torture.

I am one of these. There is no way that the God I have come to know would torture for eternity a being who did not ask to be born into a sinful race.

There is eternal Life 'In Christ' and there is a final 'death'. A perishing. Hell or Gehenna was  very well understood as a trash heap outside the gates of Jerusalem where the smoke of dead carcasses and refuse rises continually.

I suggest that you set your heart to study this and in the meantime, be at peace. Our God--your God--is a being of justice not injustice.

Would any man that is not insane consign another to eternal torture? Of course not. How then could a loving and just God do that?

The popular doctrine of hell and eternal torture is a doctrine of devils designed to drive men from God.

Edited by Alive
  • Oy Vey! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

For the last 6 months I've been a christen but after about 10 days of being faithful and sinless I get these strong feelings that hell is just insane and there couldn't possibly be one. That leads to losing my faith temporarily because then I can't trust what the bible says. How can I stay faithful the rest of my life?

Like how could a loving god brutally torture people just cos they had sex or didn't believe in him or they get drunk etc. It's not rational to care so much about those things let alone torture them for eternity. It's hard for me to accept this. If i can't accept hell then why believe anything in the bible you know?

A guy called Bill wiese apparently went to hell for 23 minutes and tries to bring the world to repentance after his experience. He has youtube videos and he said that the reason hell is justified is because who you wrong determines the severity of punishment. Like if I punch my (male) friend its wrong, if I punch my mother its much worse and if I punch the queen its FAR worse. Since god is infinitely greater than us in position then sins against him are worthy of eternal punishment. Like if you bashed the queen of England you would probably be put to death, and you can say but I only bashed her, normally you just get 3 months jail for that....well you would still get put to death.

While I can see what Bill is saying I still have a hard time accepting it. I could never put someone through that especially for 'little sins' that most good people do. Isn't the right thing to give little things little punishments? If someone heard about Jesus but didn't believe because of reasons that made sense to them shouldn't you be understanding as long as they weren't bad people? I thought these are universally the 'right thing'.

I want to be a perfect Christian but these strong gut feelings keep making me lose faith.....any ideas on how to help?  

When we sin, trouble comes into our lives. I believe that is what hell is.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 12/13/2019 at 7:58 PM, Ineedhugs said:

10 days of being faithful and sinless

This statement above shows that there is lacking in understanding where we are and what sin is  and what we are in relation to it... the more you grow near to The Lord in s/Spirit you realize that being sinless, while in flesh, is not possible at least to the degree that Jesus did it! You see it is not what you and I think but what The Lord thinks and that is why we have been given His Word, The Scriptures, and The Holy Spirit to guide us in that Word... you see up and to the point where you believed in Jesus, that He 'IS', all (absolute everything) and that which was past is to be renewed in your mind to the proper way of thinking

Rom 12:2

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
KJV

2 Cor 5:17

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new
KJV

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Here you must evaluate where you are getting your authority of source - yourself; this world; others here; etc.   Your going to have to decide what is the authority you will recognize as The Authority... hint I would make it The One Who has made all things....

here again what is the authority you are using to reason with? yourself, the world, what?

The littlest stain is still a stain and a stain is not what the original had...

James 2:10

10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
KJV
The best I can see in your need to continue with Jesus is to figure out what the authority is here and give it the resource of yourself to renew to proper thinking...

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,152
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Believers can only live by faith in the Word, as the Spirit teaches us (1Co 2:13), thus we learn more all the time go by what God thinks about us and everything over what we think about us and everything. He knows our primary difficulty will often be thinking too much of about ourselves and not thinking enough about Him and what His Word says. Every single difficulty leads to excessive self-dependence, which He uses to teach God-dependence over everything.

Many are often hindered in believing God uses everything for the good of our faith and life in His Son because they relate the promise of Rom 8:28 to according to how well we think we are living according to His Word, but this promise has no relation to what we think or do, because it leads us--we don't try to steer it. It's all always on Him and this truth must be relied upon at all time concerning all things! We find comfort in knowing that He knows we always desire to put Him first regardless of how what occurs, which is what He is always"working in you" (Pgl 2:13). The "magnum-opus" of all of the faith God will be teachings us is this---ever waiting on Him via trusting Him always for our "good."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hell exists because God is a just judge. How many corrupt events have you seen/ heard in the news? Would you want even an earthly judge to be unjust? Letting a child murderer go free because the judge is not just? No. You would be outraged. God provides a way to be forgiven by the faith in the crucifixion and ressurrection. That day Jesus shed His blood for our sake out of His love. If people reject the only way to be forgiven what more is there? The acceptance of punishment is necessary otherwise what is sin? 
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell

we needed the law to show us we are not good. We needed it to even realize the reality of sin against a holy just God so we would see our need for a savior.

Edited by 6DaysiseneG
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, Alive said:

Many Christians don't believe the Bible teaches that hell is a place of eternal torture.

I am one of these. There is no way that the God I have come to know would torture for eternity a being who did not ask to be born into a sinful race.

There is eternal Life 'In Christ' and there is a final 'death'. A perishing. Hell or Gehenna was  very well understood as a trash heap outside the gates of Jerusalem where the smoke of dead carcasses and refuse rises continually.

I suggest that you set your heart to study this and in the meantime, be at peace. Our God--your God--is a being of justice not injustice.

Would any man that is not insane consign another to eternal torture? Of course not. How then could a loving and just God do that?

The popular doctrine of hell and eternal torture is a doctrine of devils designed to drive men from God.

Are they ever going to have a big surprise :blink:

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

They will be full- fledged Believers one millisecond after they die.......why gamble?  Salvation is so simple....one can be saved right this instant.......God knows your Heart.......if you do not have a Contrite Heart That shows you that you are Unclean and in dire need of a Savior to make you fit for Heaven —— ask God for it—- “ ALL that ask receive”.  Turn to God- THAT is the REpentance required for Salvation—- NOT  “ repenting from sins”......that is neither possible nor mentioned in the the KJV  for Salvation..... “ Anybody that asks to be saved WILL be saved” Do your part-ASK, then let Him do HIS PART-  “ Save to the uttermost all that come to Him through Jesus”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

17 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nobody goes to Hell for “ getting drunk” or “having sex”. Hitler is not in Hell this evening because he killed six million Jews.Everybody in Hell has two things in common.....

1. Jesus died to pay the price for their sins.

2 They died not believing the above fact.

Those who believe they are the body will die with the body. Hell is for those who believe they are of this world, which perishes. To constantly perish is hell.

Our sin is to believe in death. Jesus did not die, only his body died. The price for our sin was paid on the cross of resurrection. Those who believe in the resurrection will not taste death/hell.